• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
At this point I simply hope Xbox will have an amazing E3 show this year. I really do. They need to go all-in actually.

Xbox is in the unique position this year that basically we know nothing about their upcoming lineup. There isn't much officially announced at least. I hope they can use that to their advantage.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow seriously, people actually want this? Like you'd rather have only one big game each year and the rest of it padded out with smaller stuff?

How about having multiple big AAA releases per year, plus the smaller stuff too? You know, like the competition...or like Microsoft has been known to do historically, especially in the 360 glory days?

As in, remember when they released Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, Left4Dead, Crackdown, Castle Crashers and more, all exclusives (at the time), all within a year of each other?

How the expectations have nose dived...
Listen, i get that people want the XB1 to have titles like Nioh or Bloodborne, but it's not happening until MS is able to beat exclusive whore studios like Koei Tecmo and Square Enix into releasing full multiplatform titles first.
You have to convince the developers into breaking their cycle of only releasing games for the top system in their country and that they'll make more money by releasing on XB1 alongside PS4 and Switch.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Btw in the latest dev interview from Ashen. The dev said it releases on W10 and Xbox One.
Guess even with a publisher now attached to it. Its still a MS exclusive in the beginning. Or its just requires W10 as there is a Steam page but also says Windows 10 required.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Btw in the latest dev interview from Ashen. The dev said it releases on W10 and Xbox One.
Guess even with a publisher now attached to it. Its still a MS exclusive in the beginning. Or its just requires W10 as there is a Steam page but also says Windows 10 required.

I guess I Just A matter Of time Before the Xbox Run W10 Closed System

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

It will probably be a short timed exclusive

Starlatine = crapgamer?

I'm sure you know a lot about me to say that, seeing as you never posted here before
Weird how the sony thread decided to visit here en masse lately. My bad for using the four letter word i guess

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't it last month that Phil Spencer was asked about Crackdown 3 and he more or less implied the silence would come to a stop rather sooner than later?

Really hope we get updates this month!

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't it last month that Phil Spencer was asked about Crackdown 3 and he more or less implied the silence would come to a stop rather sooner than later?

Really hope we get updates this month!

People need to tone down the importance of Spencer replies on twitter though, both on the good things and the bad things. He's not going to tell anything significant as an answer to a random user asking him things. When there's something big to be said, it will be said clearly and loudly

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Seeing the success of the remastered Crash games and the buzz around Spyro, MS would be crazy not to utilise their Rare IPs in the same vein.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing the success of the remastered Crash games and the buzz around Spyro, MS would be crazy not to utilise their Rare IPs in the same vein.
What drive these games is the nostalgia factor, problem is those IPs were on N64, not on Xbox, so there's no nostalgia factor for Xbox players.

Oct 26, 2017

People need to tone down the importance of Spencer replies on twitter though, both on the good things and the bad things. He's not going to tell anything significant as an answer to a random user asking him things. When there's something big to be said, it will be said clearly and loudly

Ah I see now, that's not too long ago then. The thing with this is, he could have decided to not answer the question as well, but he did. Of course he's not going to be saying it's delayed again or they ran into problems, but he could have ignored it too. I bet the guy gets a lot of tweets asking him stuff.

I'm not putting hopes into anything but a update this month or next month shouldn't be too much to ask. They kinda "have to" really if this is still a spring title. Which I believe they delayed it to, didn't they?

Oct 27, 2017
I see the crackdown 3 info the same as state of decay in March. There were numerous teases and a date was locked but they waited until a certain date to reveal it. I think it gets a ign first in May and a date then for late June

I think Phil would've said E3 if that's when it would be rerevealed I

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Multi games marketing is exciting?

For a few years now I go into these shows not expecting a whole lot, it's a shame I know and hopefully that will change. However I do know I can expect plenty of games overall. So if we're actually gonna see Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Borderlands 3, Cyberpunk, BFV etc in gameplay form, that should be great all things considered.

They did...called rare replay. I know you are talking about better visuals tho. Lolol.

It's such a bummer they didn't put Live and Reloaded on it. That game was quite a looker for its time, hell it probably still looks fine to this day.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What drive these games is the nostalgia factor, problem is those IPs were on N64, not on Xbox, so there's no nostalgia factor for Xbox players.
Conker's Bad Fur Day was remade for Xbox in 2005.
Banjo Kazooie was remastered for Xbox 360 in 2008.
Banjo Tooie was remastered for Xbox 360 in 2009.
Perfect Dark was remastered for Xbox 360 in 2010.

Most of Rare's back catalogue was released for Xbox One in 2015. Most of these releases sold pretty decently.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
A
Xbox One uses the same kernel and APIs for its system. UI of course looks different but the System OS is completely based on W10. Thats why updates on the UI come along with the updates on Windows 10. And this is why Xbox One can run Windows 10 UWP apps.

aha

Then the Chance of making Windows 10 Store looks like the Xbox store are high since they run the same System

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
This. I'm going to enjoy MS' E3 because of the many good games they'll show. As long as I can play them on my PC.. ;)

It's crazy, I feel the disconnect, too. I thought that their last year's show was simply amazing, so many exciting games on display, but then I learned that it was in fact terrible, because most of those were multiplatform releases.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I can't speak for others, but Banjo is one of my all time faves, and I've also owned every single Xbox console. Point being, there's still a nostalgia factor for me. I'd imagine many people are in a similar position. Not to mention an exclusive platformer adds diversity to the portfolio if nothing else.

Hell I actually think quality new Banjo and Perfect Dark games might actually make some gamers more likely to purchase an Xbox One if they didn't already have one. The base console is pretty affordable these days too.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Perfect Dark falls into the same limbo as Spyro to me where people talk about how there's such a great nostalgia for them but i honestly don't see it, at all

I'm 75% sure that a new Perfect Dark, no matter how competent, would at its best do slightly better than PD0. It doesnt have the brand power many here seems to believe it has

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Perfect Dark falls into the same limbo as Spyro to me where people talk about how there's such a great nostalgia for them but i honestly don't see it, at all

I'm 75% sure that a new Perfect Dark, no matter how competent, would at its best do slightly better than PD0. It doesnt have the brand power many here seems to believe it has

If it was a 9 plus game with a great mp component then it would sell like hotcakes

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for others, but Banjo is one of my all time faves, and I've also owned every single Xbox console. Point being, there's still a nostalgia factor for me. I'd imagine many people are in a similar position. Not to mention an exclusive platformer adds diversity to the portfolio if nothing else.

Hell I actually think quality new Banjo and Perfect Dark games might actually make some gamers more likely to purchase an Xbox One if they didn't already have one. The base console is pretty affordable these days too.
^^^

I'd kill for a new Banjo Threeie AND maybe a Nuts and Bolts 2.

Don't even get me started on a new PD. I have always thought if 343 was gonna splinter off and make another game aside from Halo (never gonna happen), they'd make an amazing Perfect Dark.

Oct 27, 2017

Welll presumably they're just taking the idea of perfect dark and making a new game of it. It could be a completely different genre and only share the fact that Joanna is the main character with previous games

I don't expect PD or Fable to be much like the predecessors except the general idea. Ex fable being a medieval knights and magic RPG etc

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deus Ex: Human Revolution did rather well for itself being the third game in a series that started in 2000, had a divisive and arguably mediocre entry in the mid-2000s, before being on hiatus for a while. But let's not forget the 2010 Perfect Dark remaster, and the fact said remaster was re-released in 2015 as part of Rare Replay. Spyro is a rather old series with a string of poorly received games. Perfect Dark has had exactly ONE poorly/divisively received entry. Every other re-release of Perfect Dark has been well received.

The problem is that Deus Ex: Human Revolution threw away some pretty darn important design principles of the original Deus Ex to capture a more mainstream audience. The other problem is that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided didn't sell particularly well and there's been a general disinterest in anything vaguely "Deus Ex"-like. In fact, all the games that bear any kind of resemblance to Perfect Dark have sold kinda poorly in recent years. (Including Hitman.) It's a pickle, but I just want another Perfect Dark game. It is very likely going to look to Deus Ex for influence, just as the cancelled Perfect Dark: Core did, though.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

Spyro is same as Crash. It is going to be huge success and sell like crazy.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
My wife likes Spyro, she will have me buy this. So that will be two games in the past 10 years that she will play. The other being Sea of Thieves.

My girlfriend wanted Crash and when I told her about Spyro she freaked out and she wants that too.

There was also this conversation about Spyro in Facebook and it was full of females who were hyped that this game is coming and they are going to buy it. Pretty much everyone had PS2 or knew someone who had PS2 and some of them had Crash or Spyro. Those games were big part of people's childhood

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
It's crazy, I feel the disconnect, too. I thought that their last year's show was simply amazing, so many exciting games on display, but then I learned that it was in fact terrible, because most of those were multiplatform releases.

Yep, this boggles my mind too. I've found the last couple MS E3 shows to be top notch. They were quick, to the point, and showed game after game after game.

Does it really matter to me that other people get to enjoy the same game? Not really.

Oct 26, 2017
Welll presumably they're just taking the idea of perfect dark and making a new game of it. It could be a completely different genre and only share the fact that Joanna is the main character with previous games

I don't expect PD or Fable to be much like the predecessors except the general idea. Ex fable being a medieval knights and magic RPG etc

I do wonder if they keep the humor or if they will go a more serious route like Witcher 3. With that I mean, the expressions and the things like farting and such. I can gladly do without the latter, but aren't those things that would piss of the real Fable fans out there I wonder?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I do wonder if they keep the humor or if they will go a more serious route like Witcher 3. With that I mean, the expressions and the things like farting and such. I can gladly do without the latter, but aren't those things that would piss of the real Fable fans out there I wonder?
Did Sony "piss off" some of the very hardcore God of War fans by Sony'fy the latest iteration? Yes.
Will it really matter? No.

They will do the same with Fable I think. Respecting the past (kick chickens etc.), but moving the franchise into a broader direction.

Oct 25, 2017
Multi games marketing is exciting?
Speaking for myself, I honestly couldn't care less for marketing. But the marketing for those games does tell me at the very least what to look forward to on which conference. It won't change anything for me in regards to how I'm viewing the actual state of Xbox or Playstation. Sony and MS are in particular positions where they can have good E3 conferences, without me actually being excited specifically for the playstation or xbox by the end, due to big third party reveals happening at those stages.

Basically:
-Big third party multiplatform game I'm anticipating is going to be revealed at someone's conference
-Will I be excited for that conference because of that? Yes.
-Will I consider that conference to better because of that game being there? Yes.
-Will that game being there make me more excited specifically for the platform the conference is for? No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.