Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to how overpowered you can make the MC if you hardcore specialize - being able to allocate 1 point manually, and then focusing on a specific tree (i.e. str for warrior, magic for mage/healer) for each level up seems like it could get pretty powerful, pretty quickly.

I'm sure that eventually, buffs/debuffs will start mattering more, especially if there's a damage cap, but it makes me feel slightly bad about picking luck for the free stat most of the time, even if my cash flow isn't a problem thanks to drops, lol.

Cruising through the 'story' dungeon effortlessly after going through the optional dungeon first and auto-clearing most every mob, lol.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
GYey-I3asAAbMv3

GYey_MQagAA5b2i

GYezAZda4AA-KrO

GYezBdzbYAAM-aw

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe this demo is still going.

I beat Griuss and the next day I can still continue. 10 hours so far. I'm done for today lol.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Gonna try killing Guptauros with a warrior and two knights. The pierce synthesis skill you get seems really good against him.

You can also recover the MC's MP with the Mage Archetype's passive (which automatically restores MP when you kill enemies without going into turn-based combat).
This. There's a lot of fodder enemies in the goblin dungeon so just deal with the yellow/red enemies in squad with Healer then switch to Mage and kill the weaker enemies for easy MP.
Where is this optional dungeon you guys are talking about? I'm at the point where I have to go to a mausoleum.
Get your wisdom to 2 by sightseeing at the bench + doing the cooking request for the NPC right outside of the alley from the main street entrance then talk to Brigitta outside her igniter shop.

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
So, has Atlus actually said anything about the difficulties in the past few days that I missed?

I found this IGN article that claims Regicide is NG+ and has more descriptions than the game does:
www.ign.com

Metaphor: ReFantazio Walkthrough - Metaphor: ReFantazio Guide - IGN

Metaphor: ReFantazio is the tale of the fantastical journey where you must venture to lift the curse from your best friend - your kingdom’s lost prince.

Is this confirmed? I stopped playing the demo because I intended to restart on the highest difficulty but if it's actually NG+ locked, I'll just keep going.

Red Hunter

May 28, 2024
I'm out of MP at the optional boss. Could I theoretically go to akadaemia, switch everyone to mage, then kill weak enemies to restore my party's MP with its passive ability then go back to the boss or does that not work.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out of MP at the optional boss. Could I theoretically go to akadaemia, switch everyone to mage, then kill weak enemies to restore my party's MP with its passive ability then go back to the boss or does that not work.

It would take a while, but it seems like this could work, yes - as long as you're strong enough to auto-kill all the basic enemies, at least.

It would just take a while, since respawns aren't super quick (not sure if switching floors speeds it up or not)

Joeschmo

Jul 11, 2018
Do enemies even respawn while you are in a dungeon? I haven't really noticed. I guess you could but you get 1 mp per enemy killed, so that's like a lot of enemies needed.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
You don't need to switch everyone to mage, just your character (it'll refill MP for everyone in your party).

What I would recommend you do is stock up on a bunch of those items that let you teleport to the start of the dungeon again (forgot the name but they're super cheap) and just run through it killing the weaker enemies and avoiding the stronger ones then teleport back and repeat. I need to do the math on this but in the goblin dungeon it's like 30 MP a run I think.

If you started the goblin dungeon on the second day then I would suggest just going back to town and stocking up on the item I mentioned.

Good looking out @vestan !
All good :)

Red Hunter

May 28, 2024
What I am doing is continually stunning the big mob of goblins right outside the boss door and then running from the battle, it restores 1 MP each time for everyone (from the overworld stun), seems pretty quick.

Edit: If you stun multiple at once it can restore 5-7MP per character per battle, this may be the most efficient way.

Last edited:

Trigger