• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Federal employee here.

1: There's no fucking way the Mayor of Pittsburgh knows if Trump is about to fire Mueller. Just.....no. That's not how any of this works.

2: There won't be violent nationwide riots if he does.

3: I think Trump is an unfit piece of shit who needs to be removed, but this is a silly, unnecessary precaution that causes needless panic among the general population. It's incredibly irresponsible.

Oct 25, 2017

1: There's no fucking way the Mayor of Pittsburgh knows if Trump is about to fire Mueller. Just.....no. That's not how any of this works.

3: I think Trump is an unfit piece of shit who needs to be removed, but this is a silly, unnecessary precaution that causes needless panic among the general population. It's incredibly irresponsible.

Not the mayor, the police commander. All the mayor did was reach out for more information

DoggosPuppersWoofers

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That could mean anything.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I know who he is. My question is more about why his firing would be taken so personally to the point where it leads to violence.

Many believe that if the Russia investigation is closed up, we've effectively moved right into an autocracy, seeing as Trump is a narrative-driven narcissist, looking for yes men to coddle the con artist.

People do not want this.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
I know who he is. My question is more about why his firing would be taken so personally to the point where it leads to violence.
He isn't a politician.

Hopefully it wouldn't lead to violence but should it happen, it should absolutely lead to large-scale protests.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care what I'm supposed to be doing. If Trump fires Mueller, I will be protesting, and if you're a United States citizen and care at all about the fate of the country, I hope you will consider doing the same.

All that said, I dearly hope that this is just Pittsburgh preparing for the worst, and not actually knowing that something is about to go down.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like a precautionary move by the P'burgh police. No way they've got inside knowledge like this that hasn't leaked from any other source. Shit, I doubt Trump's staff will have any advanced knowledge until he drops the news on twitter.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm sure this is just standard emergency preparation protocol. Right, guys?

There really OUGHT to be if you value your country. I'm not convinced there will be.
It's precautionary and smart. I'm sure he watches the news like everyone else and no one wants to be caught with their pants down if people start rioting. Keyword riot.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I did a Twitter search on the topic and there is a rumor/discussion that the House canceled a Thursday vote so members can leave early this week.

Anyone taking bets for a firing this week?

I don't see any big sources speaking on this so right now I'm not thinking anything of it.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
You'll probably be fine if you're not black... even IF the White House is presently the home of a Russian asset evading the law.

Well...I don't want to leave out any group from this protest though. Maybe if every other person was white it might work. Like a checkerboard of wait, don't shoot....boy, they would be so confused on what to do.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i can see trump letting word out to police chiefs around the country since he thinks they all support him. he'll most likely give them impunity to brutalize all protestors around the country.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Many believe that if the Russia investigation is closed up, we've effectively moved right into an autocracy, seeing as Trump is a narrative-driven narcissist, looking for yes men to coddle the con artist.

People do not want this.
Yeah, but I still don't see why this would lead to someone throwing a molotov cocktail into a Denny's.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Explain to me why destroying private property helps democracy? I have never understood it and it only makes anyone on the fence about the cause dismiss those taking part. Don't vandalize other people's stuff. Don't impede freedom of movement of citizens. Don't make innocent people feel endangered Plenty of parks to stage a protest. Please be safe.

Yeah, I have no idea if the riots will happen (I hope they do and the entire country is paralyzed), but America was born out of riots. And there have been many injustices where riots provided the only response to ignored voices, and brought about real change (such Stonewall, the death of MLK Jr, Kent State). America doesn't give a damn if you go protest in some park, but when these policy makers see their homes and livelihoods in danger, that's when they start paying attention.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
i can see trump letting word out to police chiefs around the country since he thinks they all support him. he'll most likely give them impunity to brutalize all protestors around the country.

NRA will be first to know so that they can send out calls to their sleeper soldiers across America to wake up and fight against liberty with their muskets and cannonballs.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I wonder why a corrupt President firing a special counsel who is investigating him, the same President who has already fired several others investigating him, would be a big deal. Get out of here with this shit

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

This is exactly what a leaking low energy deep-state lib would say. SAD!

Oct 29, 2017
But...but...I thought there was "no indication" Trump was going to fire Mueller?

1*U0wtpXQySXfHwLjMs7m0jA.jpeg

They're willingly doing their part to help him fire Mueller and/or Rosenstein.

And then when that actually happens all we'll hear from them will be "concerning if true"

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That would imply he actually has some kind of rollout strategy for one of his decisions. It would literally be the first time for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
There we go, that's all better now.

If that makes you feel better about the truth. We'll have protests, but actual riots aren't happening, look at how much all spectrums of America look down upon black folks when we have protests that turn into "riots". So yea, I'm not holding my breath for Americans do actually do shit like riot over this. We'll have a few weeks worth of protests, then the same bullshit of "we need to vote these guys out!!" and in which case we do, but the fundamental problems that led to this point will never be addressed because if it's one thing America hates, it's being introspective and fixing problems at their root.

Who is actually calling for violence? Can you point that out?

Well riots in themselves are forms of violence, and there are several people in this thread thinking riots will break out.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
This straight up will not happen.

Ignoring the fact that it's a bad idea conceptually, firing Mueller and then allowing police to inflict violence on the public in response would be a surefire way to increase public unrest, violence against the government, and potentially spawn a civil war. Outside of being illegal, it would be like pouring rocket fuel on a fire. This is like an NRA member's wet dream.

He stands to benefit significantly more from letting the protesters do their thing, ignoring it, and hoping people apathetically give up as he keeps trucking along until the Midterms.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Yeah, but I still don't see why this would lead to someone throwing a molotov cocktail into a Denny's.

It would be the president asserting that he is above the law, and with Congress showing an unwillingness to check his power, would effectively make him an autocrat. People care, some passionately, about democracy, or the illusion thereof. All of the Netflix and youtubes and Shake Shacks in the world aren't going to keep people quiet and docile if we take a sudden right turn and become Turkey or Russia.

Edit: Just to be clear, protests =/= riots. Protests can become riots if they are completely disorganized or violently provoked.