HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now this is a guy who has it all. Life long passion that he's invested himself fully into and done something amazing while getting his family and friends involved. His set up and collection of figures is truly impressive as well. I'd really enjoy seeing his rules and what a session looks like. He could probably write an entire series of fantasy novels based off his game. I did notice a lack of a wife in this video so I'm guessing she's not quite as into as the daughter.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
He doesn't let people touch the figurines but to be fair he spends what seems like hours a day painting and providing them, so I can't hold that against him.

His campaign is based on historical Earth, such as ancient Roman times, with his own stories and mythologies overlaid. And he's a history professor... It all works so well. I bet it's a ton of fun to play.

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The story about his daughters ex' is gas. "you can break up with them, but I cant break up with them"

Real-life Version of:

0f9cd1c4abc5c100c80e135a7c2083902bab64aad16e21927248c122397e93eb_1.jpg

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
That game's endless? Also wouldn't the random events repeat too much to keep playing it for 2 years?

I own the game but haven't played it yet.

You can play the game's campaign with friends, there isn't really that much repetition but the random events can cause your session to extend when you have to crawl back from scratch when the game kicks you in the balls or when friends screw you over and you have to dig your way up again. Fantastic game and super fun, if you want a friendship test, that's the game. :P

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
I can't watch this currently, at work, butt what edition did they start in and did they convert to new editions?

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I can't watch this currently, at work, butt what edition did they start in and did they convert to new editions?

He uses a homebrew system. There are lots of 2nd ed books in the video but if the game's been going for 40 years they probably started with AD&D 1. 2nd ed didn't come out until 1989.

My impression from the video is they didn't touch 3rd, 4th or 5th at all

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Super fascinating. The idea of having a long form game like this with loved ones as a way to stay connected is extremely appealing but impractical for me.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Super fascinating. The idea of having a long form game like this with loved ones as a way to stay connected is extremely appealing but impractical for me.

Yeah same. I've been using the same world for a very long time, almost 30 years, and I love to sprinkle bits and pieces of past campaigns and characters into new stories for my own enjoyment and to give the world a "lived-in" feel. I think that's a pretty common practice among veteran DMs. Of course I've never done anything even approaching this scale and I don't still play with the same people I played with in the 90s. It's an enviable position and a truly admirable commitment.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He uses a homebrew system. There are lots of 2nd ed books in the video but if the game's been going for 40 years they probably started with AD&D 1. 2nd ed didn't come out until 1989.

My impression from the video is they didn't touch 3rd, 4th or 5th at all
So I could be Eric's class from the cartoon?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He could probably write an entire series of fantasy novels based off his game.

Eh. This is actually a really nice idea. Not so much being about his game, but like... documenting at the same time the lives of the players and the lives of their characters in the game and exploring how each evolves and relates to one another.

This has probably been done already though.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Very enjoyable video. There are few things more enjoyable than people who are experts in their field show off their expertise.

As for being the only one toughing the minis, I believe it is the same for Critical Role. The DM, usually Matt Mercer, is the only one moving shit about.