• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: System warring.
TVfbt5Z.png

Can't wait for GW numbers.

Yeah, Nintendo haters are something.

Yeh so are the Nintendo fanboys, their on a different level

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
May will be a month full of doom for Labo, Japan and Switch. Doom always come to Japan console game industry in May, Mobile is the way to go. May and MC threads should stay apart.
I usually skip 3-4 weeks of media create sales threads after GW. Those are dark times.

Well at least after DS heydays. its sales didn't care what month it was.

May 2006 DS:
95.3k (stock issues
289k (I guess NSMB launch was kinda big)

May 2007 DS:

_Dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Nov 2, 2017
I started following MC threads the first month of the 3DS era. DS/Wii era and the weeks of 500.000 units of hardware sales are just legends for me.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
so... we are in a sales thread talking about why developers should only make games that appeal to my taste and not what financially or creatively benefits them??

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wario Ware games are kind of the exception to the rule there. They tend to use unique hardware so well that it feels intrinsic to the game and not actually gimmicky at all.

Lol. Now u are literally use Gimmick word for whatever hell you think is not for your taste lol. Stop acted like man babies there and understand that companies is allowed to make product not only for you but also literally a whole other spectrum of consumers.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
PS4 owners have the choice to buy Storm 4, so why would you expect them to suddenly go buy the lesser compilation that only goes up to Storm 3?

It makes total sense that the game would sell better on switch..
Only to someone who already played the first 3.
But we have no idea what these 11k people (PS4 + Switch 1st weeks for trilogy) even played before.

Getting a PS4 doesn't mean you had PS3. Same as getting a Switch doesn't mean you had a Wii U.

Nov 2, 2017
DS sales were so big in Japan, that people in my country that normaly doesnt talk about games came to me with news like: Nintendo DS is outselling 9:1 the Sony PSP. also that in Japan one quarter of the population have NDS. btw my country is Costa Rica, no one here talks about game consoles even now, NDS era was something special. It was normal to see in family partys 3-6 childrens playing Mario Kart download mode. And the R4 cards were a big deal here, Latin America loves piracy.

Last edited:

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
You guys have no idea what a "gimmick" means, do you?

Things like being able to blow into a handheld, rotate the handheld, shake the handheld etc. are absolutely gimmicks. They are supposed to catch people's attention and curiosity. Wario Ware happens to make the very best use of some of these features but for the most part many of the little nuances built into Nintendo's hardware get overlooked by developers and even Nintendo themselves. Sometimes it just feels like they're throwing random shit against the wall hoping some of it will stick.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating.

By year's end Nintendo needs to either issue a price drop, bundle software with each system, and/or release a revision.
Nintendo said the Switch wouldn't be priced towards family-kids anytime soon a few days ago though.

Let's see if they mean it or if they think kid-price is so low it would take indeed a lot of time to reach it.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
DS sales were so big in Japan, that people in my country that normaly doesnt talk about games came to me with news like: Nintendo DS is selling 9:1 the Sony PSP. also that in Japan one quarter of the population have NDS. btw my country is Costa Rica, no one here talks about game consoles even now, NDS era was something special. It was normal to see in family partys 3-6 childrens playing Mario Kart download mode. And the R4 cards were a big deal here, Latin America loves piracy.
Yeah, it was similar here as well. Lots of flash card piracy on the DS and playing MK together through local/download play. Those were great days.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I started following MC threads the first month of the 3DS era. DS/Wii era and the weeks of 500.000 units of hardware sales are just legends for me.

The thing that I miss the most from these days was the number of releases each week.

Like seriously, it was something close to Steam in 2015 before the subsequent saturation with Greenlight, or something close to the current console digital marketplaces, with tens of new releases each week.

But with a difference, these digital marketplaces nowadays are filled with western developed titles, and small Japanese digital games are still a rare exception.

These were also the glory days of Siliconera and Andriasang, as the two defining blogs covering the insane amount of new Japanese releases.

In these days, the Japanese market was all about diversity: every single genre covered, tons of small independent titles, much more creative and experimental releases.

I will not say that I'm nostalgic about these days, because fortunately, the current western indie scene is pushing the video game medium in the same creative ways as in these glory days for the Japanese market.

But I hope to see in the future more Japanese creators adopting the new digital trends, by creating the same independent and experimental games from the past, now in a digital form.

For me, Japan was never about 'Resident Evil', 'Metal Gear Solid', 'Yakuza' or 'Final Fantasy'.

Japan was about 'Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan', 'Chulip', 'Way of the Samurai', '10,000 Bullets' or 'Electroplankton'.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

It's funny because even back then there were always doom-and-gloom posts about Nintendo products being fads or about PSP going to surpass DS sooner or later. I remember that DQIX was supposed to be released on PSP as well at a certain point, lol

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because even back then there were always doom-and-gloom posts about Nintendo products being fads or about PSP going to surpass DS sooner or later. I remember that DQIX was supposed to be released on PSP as well at a certain point, lol

You had way more people laughing at PSP and PS3 sales than dooming DS or Wii. At least early gen. It was kinda hard to downplay a system that was doing 150k a week no matter how hardcore Sony fan you were.

Nov 2, 2017
You had way more people laughing at PSP and PS3 sales than dooming DS or Wii. At least early gen. It was kinda hard to downplay a system that was doing 150k a week no matter how hardcore Sony fan you were.
Agree on this, here in Latin America, with the success of PS2 (because of piracy), everyone thought PS3 was going to break records, with PS3 power shown in the presentation of the console, every Sony Fan was proud, and ready to go to war with any Nintendo Fan or Microsoft Fan (Console warriors are abundant here). But then BOOM, NDS+R4 cards won the war. NDS did not show any kind of mercy with PS3/PSP. Same as Japan, it was a WW trend. PSP was a rare thing to see here, it was used as MP3 player.

Last edited:

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Not in the first few months until Nintendogs and Brain Training (and eventually DS Lite) sent DS into the stratosphere. But the PSP bullishness was mostly western in that era.

Ironically it reversed when MH brought PSP back from obscurity to be an actual sales rival, but only in Japan.

But then BOOM, NDS+R4 cards won the war.
erm, that's not really a win...

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing that I miss the most from these days was the number of releases each week.

Like seriously, it was something close to Steam in 2015 before the subsequent saturation with Greenlight, or something close to the current console digital marketplaces, with tens of new releases each week.

But with a difference, these digital marketplaces nowadays are filled with western developed titles, and small Japanese digital games are still a rare exception.

These were also the glory days of Siliconera and Andriasang, as the two defining blogs covering the insane amount of new Japanese releases.

In these days, the Japanese market was all about diversity: every single genre covered, tons of small independent titles, much more creative and experimental releases.

I will not say that I'm nostalgic about these days, because fortunately, the current western indie scene is pushing the video game medium in the same creative ways as in these glory days for the Japanese market.

But I hope to see in the future more Japanese creators adopting the new digital trends, by creating the same independent and experimental games from the past, now in a digital form.

For me, Japan was never about 'Resident Evil', 'Metal Gear Solid', 'Yakuza' or 'Final Fantasy'.

Japan was about 'Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan', 'Chulip', 'Way of the Samurai', '10,000 Bullets' or 'Electroplankton'.

As much as we love those glory days where both DS and PSP is receiving games non stops, it is not going to return, The market have move on both in Japan and the West which they don't want those B Game anymore. It is more or less AAA games with Microtransaction filled inside or mobile game with gacha system.

And seeing the trend, the further we go. the more we will see those B game eroded while AAA games also being more scarce as they would try to wring every single penny of the gamers with GaaS system.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
As much as we love those glory days where both DS and PSP is receiving games non stops, it is not going to return, The market have move on both in Japan and the West which they don't want those B Game anymore. It is more or less AAA games with Microtransaction filled inside or mobile game with gacha system.

And seeing the trend, the further we go. the more we will see those B game eroded while AAA games also being more scarce as they would try to wring every single penny of the gamers with GaaS system.

Well, every week, if I take a look to the Switch eShop, I still see this number of releases, with a difference, they are not made in Japan anymore, with some exceptions.

Now I'm having a blast with 'Agatha Knife', a game whose quirkiness really resembles 'Chulip' with its bizarre cast of characters.

Or this week I will be able to purchase 'L.F.O.: Lost Future Omega', a Japanese doujin take in the Tetsuza Mizoguchi's 'REZ' formula, by mixing a synesthetic sound design with the arcade mechanics of 'Space Harrier'.

With a difference, now I have genres covered that were rare to see even in the DS and PSP days, such as 2D classic platformers or small score based attack games with playing sessions of a few minutes, I'm looking at 'Don't Die, Mr. Robot! DX' released this week, the best single screen arcade game made since 'Pac-Man Championship Edition'.

So no, I don't miss these days.

The current video game market is still amazing.

And there is still hope for the Japanese independent scene :)

Nov 2, 2017
erm, that's not really a win...
Agree, im not part of that war, but in these parts of the world, normally a family can buy only 1 console, here console warriors are simpler, they only care if PS2 sold more than Game Cube, they dont care about sofware because piracy was the rule until N3DS. We (latinos) never bought legal software, we went to any dvd/cd movie/game shop, pick 3-4 new games and paid 6 / 8 dollars. haha games were cheap in those times.
In those times every PS2 owner had 50/100 games. That is why it sold so much in Brazil for example.

Last edited:

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy

Maybe from 2006 to 2009 that was true, but in 2005 people were absolutely brutal with the DS.

2010 too, while was still selling good it wasn't as big as during his peak, so Nintendo was doomed. Same with Wii.

But is not a run for "which company is the more doomed", people are always very pessimist.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

People were "laughing" at PS3 because it was selling below 10k on a weekly basis. But as soon as it had started to sell a bit better PS3 Renaissance force materialized. Also, during Q1, when Nintendo platforms were a bit weaker, usual doom-and-gloom posts were pretty common.

There was also the usual problem that casual games weren't considered on the same line of other games so DS could have plenty of million sellers among training or kid games but the announcement of a niche PSP jRPG was always applauded way more.

I've been reading Sales thread since 2005 so I remember all these trends—which are hot that different from noawadays'.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People were "laughing" at PS3 because it was selling below 10k on a weekly basis. But as soon as it had started to sell a bit better PS3 Renaissance force materialized. Also, during Q1, when Nintendo platforms were a bit weaker, usual doom-and-gloom posts were pretty common.

There was also the usual problem that casual games weren't considered on the same line of other games so DS could have plenty of million sellers among training or kid games but the announcement of a niche PSP jRPG was always applauded way more.

I've been reading Sales thread since 2005 so I remember all these trends—which are hot that different from noawadays'.

Fanboys never changed bruh.^_^ The only bigger different nowadays is most of the fanboys finally understand that they are not anymore the big boys in the gaming industries as there are other gigantic market game devs can focus on without pleasing them anymore lol. (Mobile game, Nintendo crazy experiment, Sports game and Ubisoft for some example.^_^)

Well, every week, if I take a look to the Switch eShop, I still see this number of releases, with a difference, they are not made in Japan anymore, with some exceptions.

Now I'm having a blast with 'Agatha Knife', a game whose quirkiness really resembles 'Chulip' with its bizarre cast of characters.

Or this week I will be able to purchase 'L.F.O.: Lost Future Omega', a Japanese doujin take in the Tetsuza Mizoguchi's 'REZ' formula, by mixing a synesthetic sound design with the arcade mechanics of 'Space Harrier'.

With a difference, now I have genres covered that were rare to see even in the DS and PSP days, such as 2D classic platformers or small score based attack games with playing sessions of a few minutes, I'm looking at 'Don't Die, Mr. Robot! DX' released this week, the best single screen arcade game made since 'Pac-Man Championship Edition'.

So no, I don't miss these days.

The current video game market is still amazing.

And there is still hope for the Japanese independent scene :)

JP independent scene is not going to be as green as West i believe. We had been talking about the rise of indie in Japan like....forever? And they simply never flourished as in JP, the indie scene is mostly staying in doujin games which is not going to sell anything well.

Even if we are talking about western indies title, i always feel that it lack that certain touch that we often had during the waves of B game coming from Japan. The aethetic of each game that come during Wii, DS and PSP era is just crazy. That era we can have TWEWY, Infinite Space, Badman and Patapon in only 2 platform lol. While, nowadays indie kinda feel samey with too much focus on 2D pixel art thing.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe from 2006 to 2009 that was true, but in 2005 people were absolutely brutal with the DS.

2010 too, while was still selling good it wasn't as big as during his peak, so Nintendo was doomed. Same with Wii.

But is not a run for "which company is the more doomed", people are always very pessimist.

Well yeah. As I only started to follow sales threads in 2006 I somehow forgot that PSP/DS were out already in 2004. From 2006 onwards though for couple of years japan sales threads were all about Nintendo domination talk. Of course you had few crazy sony diehards here and there but you always have those from all sides. in 2010/2011 when MH gave PSP late gen life far beyond DS you obviously had some people arguing that NGP (vitas codename) could challenge 3DS. Well that didn't end well... Then from 2012 onwards these threads were safe haven for Nintendo sales fans until Switch launch in west lol.

I mean these things have gone in cycles but to me it's pretty false to say that last gen was full of ''Nintendo dooming'' especially in Japan sales threads.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Then from 2012 onwards these threads were safe haven for Nintendo sales fans until Switch launch in west lol.
From april 2013 onwards MC threads were a safe haven for nintendo haters, Wii U era got the worst from MC threads. Splatoon success and Bayonetta 2 exclusive was the only good point for a Nintendo fan those times. (Ignoring the portable market)

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Fanboys never changed bruh.^_^ The only bigger different nowadays is most of the fanboys finally understand that they are not anymore the big boys in the gaming industries as there are other gigantic market game devs can focus on without pleasing them anymore lol. (Mobile game, Nintendo crazy experiment, Sports game and Ubisoft for some example.^_^)

I mean these things have gone in cycles but to me it's pretty false to say that last gen was full of ''Nintendo dooming'' especially in Japan sales threads.

There was, though. Of course, fanboys and stuffs but what I'd like to stress is that sometimes we are myopic and we judge things based on short-term signals.

Myopic evaluations are especially troublesome for Nintendo products because they tend to sell more and more commonly over time. Like, every single year during Q1 there are plenty of doom-and-gloom posts about Nintendo because sales slow down and announcements are lacking---even if we know that Nintendo announces stuffs closer to release date and that it usually perform much much better under holidays. And yet, here we are ;)

Or, we discount games because they are not coming over here or are aimed at a different audiences---a game like Sumikko Gurashi has the potential to sell like Dissida NT did but you hardly see it mentioned when discussing about how good/bad the line-up.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
was going to post elsewhere: but people here probably know:

What I'm curious about is how it will be when the "non-internal Nintendo" studios start making more HD games.
We know what Good-Feel, Monolith, Retro can do (and Monster but dunno if they still count)

But more as in Alpha Dream, NLG, Grezzo, Vanpool, NST.

are they big enough to make these alone? Will they need help from Internal Nintendo or other companies?
or will the games just be really scaled down? Will any of them help make Mobile games?

-Alpha Dream is my biggest curiosity (and worry). They're stuck on 3DS for the moment, and even they needed Good-Feel (iirc) to help them make the Giant 3D battles. So a HD M&L seems hard since they're a small company. If Good-Feel did HD spritework with them that'd be amazing.
-NLG will likely be fine imo. They have a good amount of employees and have made console games
-Grezzo, I figure they would need help or maybe make something small.
-Vanpool makes Dillon games. And seems to assist on a lot games. So I figure they would just assist.
- NST I could making non intensive small games, even if it's HD. Maybe a new twist on Mario and DK.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
There was, though. Of course, fanboys and stuffs but what I'd like to stress is that sometimes we are myopic and we judge things based on short-term signals.

Myopic evaluations are especially troublesome for Nintendo products because they tend to sell more and more commonly over time. Like, every single year during Q1 there are plenty of doom-and-gloom posts about Nintendo because sales slow down and announcements are lacking---even if we know that Nintendo announces stuffs closer to release date and that it usually perform much much better under holidays. And yet, here we are ;)

Or, we discount games because they are not coming over here or are aimed at a different audiences---a game like Sumikko Gurashi has the potential to sell like Dissida NT did but you hardly see it mentioned when discussing about how good/bad the line-up.

Well not in 2006 and 2007 for sure as DS destroyed everything even during Q1.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Well not in 2006 and 2007 for sure as DS destroyed everything even during Q1.

Not in 2006 and 2007 because DS was posting just impossible numbers. Even then, though, there were nasty posts about Nintendo platforms being fads, about DS selling only to casuals and so on. You can just check by yourself, but I remember, I was there ;)

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
From april 2013 onwards MC threads were a safe haven for nintendo haters, Wii U era got the worst from MC threads. Splatoon success and Bayonetta 2 exclusive was the only good point for a Nintendo fan those times. (Ignoring the portable market)

Eh. WiiU got bashed even more in NPD threads. Not to mention it's not like Vita was handled with silver gloves either in these threads.

Not in 2006 and 2007 because DS was posting just impossible numbers. Even then, though, there were nasty posts about Nintendo platforms being fads, about DS selling only to casuals and so on. You can just check by yourself, but I remember, I was there ;)

Well I am sure there were some as these threads have had a lot of people posting since those ancient times but the question is was that majority? Certainly not. I mean just last week we had some posters ''dooming'' that PS4 is pretty much done and I still wouldn't say that these threads are full of PS4 dooming. People usually have some slight bias on what they remember (and I include myself in this).

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do remember those MC threads on a German forum. They always had some nasty consolewars where Nintendo fans where called "pikas" and Sony had their "Defense force"

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Let's not have them try to bring new game ideas to market that I am not I am not interested in. Only waste their time on old tried and true"

Thats not what he/she said at all lol

Falcom sales numbers hurt me deeply :(

Why would it? Its a HD rerelease.

But we have no idea what these 11k people (PS4 + Switch 1st weeks for trilogy) even played before.

Getting a PS4 doesn't mean you had PS3. Same as getting a Switch doesn't mean you had a Wii U.

The 100k who bought Storm 2/3 on PS3 are very likely the same people who bought Storm 4 on PS4.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS HW Sales(May 7th - July 1st 2012):
Code:
Week 19 - 46.425(-49%)
Week 20 - 45.752(-1%)
Week 21 - 55.212(+20%)
Week 22 - 101.075(+83%)
Week 23 - 64.875(-36%)
Week 24 - 61.793(-5%)
Week 25 - 68.056(+10%)
Week 26 - 66.391(-2%)
Total: 509.579
Average p/w: 63.697

3DS SW Sales(May 7th - July 1st 2012):
Code:
Week 19 - 67.984(-72%)
Week 20 - 62.401(-8%)
Week 21 - 151.463(+143%)
Week 22 - 612.244(+304%)
Week 23 - 151.579(-75%)
Week 24 - 118.313(-22%)
Week 25 - 100.204(-15%)
Week 26 - 125.433(+25%)
Total: 1.389.621
Average p/w: 173.702

Top Selling 3DS Games before Week 19 2012:
1) Mario Kart 7 - 535.136

2) Super Mario 3D Land - 483.335
3) Monster Hunter 3G - 447.872
4) Fire Emblem: Awakening - 345.260
5) Kingdom Hearts 3D - 308.484
6) Kid Icarus: Uprising - 261.883
7) Resident Evil:Revelations - 244.116
8) Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin - 179.148
9) Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games -157.337
10) Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai - 132.689
Total: 3.095.260

Top 3DS Selling Games with over >50K sales(May 7th - July 1st 2012):
1) Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D - 766.381
2) Mario Tennis Open - 209.548
3) Super Mario 3D Land - 74.254
4) Fire Emblem Awakening - 72.500
5) Culdcept - 55.469
6) Mario Kart 7 - 51.531
Total: 1.229.683

After Golden Week 3DS had only 2 notable releases for the first half of the year - Mario Tennis Open and Dragon Quest Monsters. Dragon Quest Monsters actually made up a large portion of the 3DS software sales for these 8 weeks with over 55% of software sales according to games tracked by M-C. It also ended up being the 3rd best selling game on the 3DS for 2012.
The 2011 evergreens slowed down considerably Mario Kart 7 for example sold more than two times less than it did in the previous 8 weeks.
Overall the top 10 games for 2012 by the middle of the year had sold over >4M units.

Currently on the Switch you have Splatoon 2 with over 500K sales and Kirby will likely surpass 500K sales during Week 19. By Week 26 Splatoon 2 is looking likely to have hit 650K while Kirby would be around 600K. MK8D should surpass 500K while SMO should surpass >350K for 2018 and Zelda should be over 250K for the year.
In terms of the new releases I think that Snack World could be over >150K, Labo Variety and DKTF should be over >200K by Week 26, while Mario Tennis Aces has a good shot of being >300K by that time.

Prediction for first half of 2018:
1) Splatoon 2 >650K
2) Kirby >600K
3) MK8D >500K
4) SMO >350K
5) Mario Tennis Aces >300K
6) Zelda >250K
7) DKTF >200K
8) Labo Variety >200K
9) Mario + Rabbids >200K
10) Snack World >150K
Total >3.4M

So the gap between software sales between the 3DS and the Switch will be slightly over 600K for the first half of 2018 compared to 2012. This could entirely be attributed to the number of high profile games launched during the first half of 2012 compared to the 2018 slate. There are 8 games that launched during the first half of 2012 that went on to sell over 200K during the year, I think based on the current results and trends there will be 6 games that launched in the first half of 2018 that will end up selling over 200K.
One major caveat is the eShop, personally I'd expect that with digital sales for physical releases and digital only titles like Minecraft/Stardew Valley/Overcooked for the Switch to be in front of the 3DS for the first half of 2018, despite being behind in physical software sales.

Beyond July is when the Switch will start to pull away this year since there is only 2 major titles on the 3DS for the rest of 2012, while the Switch would get at least 4 games that could sell 1M in the second half of the year - Splatoon 2(with the Octo Expansion), Smash, Pokemon, Yo-Kai. There is also Labo, which could definitely do well during Obon and December and we could potentially see new Packs released later this year. Than you have Dragon Quest Builders 2 which I think could very easily end up very close to 1M for 2018 if it's well received. And finally you have games that like Taiko, Inazuma, Fire Emblem, Octopath, physical Minecraft on top of the legs of Kirby, MK8D, Zelda, SMO, Mario Tennis Aces etc and overall outside of Monster Hunter World I don't expect any non-Switch titles in the Top 10 at the end of the year.

I'm purposefully underestimating Labo Variety, will revise my expectations after next week.

Last edited:

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Thought the character design in the Hisone to Masaton anime felt really familiar, then I saw that tweet and it hit me (didn't even need to read the actual tweet).

Well, damn. Toshinao Aoki worked on that anime and Gal Metal.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thought the character design in the Hisone to Masaton anime felt really familiar, then I saw that tweet and it hit me (didn't even need to read the actual tweet).

Well, damn. Toshinao Aoki worked on that anime and Gal Metal.

Guess.... now Gal metal will sell as much as the anime BD release?^_^

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

Let's say all the new PS4/Switch owners have never played a single Naruto game.

PS4 owners still have the choice to buy Storm 4, which includes all the characters and even has upgraded moves and graphics.
For that reason alone there might be even one person that will go immediately for the 4 and not buy the compilation.

Switch owners have no other choice, so for that reason alone is it reasonable to assume that it will also generate more sales.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's say all the new PS4/Switch owners have never played a single Naruto game.

PS4 owners still have the choice to buy Storm 4, which includes all the characters and even has upgraded moves and graphics.
For that reason alone there might be even one person that will go immediately for the 4 and not buy the compilation.

Switch owners have no other choice, so for that reason alone is it reasonable to assume that it will also generate more sales.

Why are we assuming Switch owners don't already own a PS4 as well

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Sales threads from the mid 2000s were my jam. Good times. Brain Age every week forever on MC, gifs about the GBA beating the PS3 on NPD.