Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CNBC

Starting Feb. 24, consumers will be able to buy the Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Spicy Chicken Sandwich and the Deluxe Chicken Sandwich.

The fast-food giant began testing the Crispy Chicken Sandwich in Houston and Knoxville, Tennessee nearly a year ago. The sandwich features a fried chicken filet served on a buttery potato roll, topped with butter and pickles. The spicy version comes with a spicy pepper sauce, while the deluxe sandwich comes with more toppings: shredded lettuce, Roma tomatoes and mayo.

In November, executives told investors that they would boost the number of menu items with chicken because the category is growing faster than beef. While the new chicken sandwiches are only part of that strategy, U.S. President Joe Erlinger said at the time that the new options will help consumers look at McDonald's differently.

oc_

Oct 25, 2017
im in! jack's new cluck sandwich is great btw. but, you can never go wrong with a spicy mcchicken so i'm hoping this new competitor is great.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked their "artisan" grilled chicken sandwich but they ditched it when covid hit. I hope they bring that back.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad Popeye's has forced everyone to up their chicken sandwich game.
The rising tide is floating all boats.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Every restaurant needs a spin on a spicy chicken sandwich. For years, I thought Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich was the best of fast food sandwiches, but I think Popeye's has taken that crown now, especially if you scrape off like half of the mayo.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
what about mcchicken

sometimes i just want that plasticy, flavorless mass

its comforting

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I was bothered they offered a regular chicken sandwich but it was a regional thing. The South had their crappy spicy chicken and that was it.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
remember mcdonald's southern style chicken sandwich? They already had one got rid of it this shit was awesome.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I love the chicken sandwich wars. McD's hot and spicy is some good stuff.

DubleDuce

Jan 15, 2018
They've already rolled these out in Houston. They're decent.

Better than what they had before, but nothing on Popeye's.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Welcomed. Would be great if they added a permanent bbq chicken sandwich too as an alternative to the honey bbq sandwich at whataburger (one of the GOAT chicken sandwiches) but I'm skeptical of their sauces so it would need to be something brand new.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Most of McDonald's chicken sandwiches suck (they usually don't have a chicken texture which is concerning, or are very dry).

But: order a McChicken, add pickles, suddenly you have a solid (for fast food) very inexpensive chicken sandwich.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I've never had a good chicken hamburguer in McDonald's. Ever. The meat sucks and kinda makes me gag.

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
Popeyes chicken sandwich is great because it taste like actual chicken without any fillers. With Wendy's I used to think they're spicy chicken sandwich was good but after having Popeyes I can taste the filler in Wendy's chicken sandwiches.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Popeyes sandwich is great because it's not another breaded patty. McDonalds's attempt sounds like it will probably just be another breaded patty variant.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I expect it to be the same old shit lol

Why can't they copy chick fil a :[

Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes sandwich is great because it's not another breaded patty. McDonalds's attempt sounds like it will probably just be another breaded patty variant.
Their current chicken sandwiches (the ones you can get with a combo, not the value menu mcChicken) arent breaded patties either. Thats more or less the situation everywhere (Wendys, Burger King, Arbys, etc), fried breasts for the expensive ones, breaded patties for the value menu.