Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Seems about right. No software release of note and the two biggest games released this year are at the top.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Series S really was a genius move in hindsight.

It sells well while the big consoles are supply constraint. It will probably also sell great when they're not supply constraint, but we're in a recession.

I think it's going to absolutely light up charts when Xbox first party gets rolling and more games start becoming next gen only, especially the big mainstream ones like Call of Duty and sports games. Which seems like it'll be 2023.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
5 from the 10 games in the top 10 Playstation games are Sony First Party. Sony is slowly getting where Nintendo is with their games.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So Switch Sports went from 5 last month to 3 this month? That's kinda impressive right? Or did it come out too late in April to get that many sales?

I don't remember

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Series S was an impulse purchase in a booming economy but might become more essential in a recession. Here in Canada, we just had four days of PS5 stock (albeit in a HFW bundle but those used to be snapped up as well within 2-3 hrs) at Walmart. The recession is real folks

Cloud streaming + GP will also experience some pickup if this prolongs

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I am honestly out of the loop regarding the Skyrim ports. I know there was one announced but I'm not sure if it came out yet.

Looks like it came out in November, 5 years after the Special Edition came out for X1/PS4. So we'll probably get a 4th generation of it holiday 2026 for the new consoles before we get a new Elder Scrolls lmao

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Switch Sports went from 5 last month to 3 this month? That's kinda impressive right? Or did it come out too late in April to get that many sales?

I don't remember
Sports not only launched the 29th but also retailed for lower than standard. NPD tracks by revenue so in terms of unit sales it's probably doing exceedingly well.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how the hardware shortage is playing right into Microsoft's hands.

Between greater Series S availability, Series X being manufactured at a faster rate than PS5, and the fact that by the time hardware becomes widely available, Microsoft will have an absolute shit-ton of AAA games waiting for new customers on Game Pass, all lead to Microsoft having one hell of a come back after last generation.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Kinda crazy that the Xbox is outselling PlayStation still. Last year it was pretty much always PlayStation outselling Xbox, I'm curious what's changed in the supply to flip the equation around.

It's possible it's just increased supply/demand if Series S, but Xbox being ahead in revenue and units makes me feel there's more to it than that

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
Mario Kart 8 came in 8th this month and came in 8th last month.

Something something balance as all things should be

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
No Sniper Elite 5?

Elden Ring is a NPD Monster but for some reason Europe isn't doing so well for Elden Ring. I'd think a European-Fantasy Open World RPG with super high reviews would chart better in Europe.

Speaking of SE5, check out this kill/kill cam from last night 😆 👀 . This game has more than replaced other stealth games for me. The series is very well done. I know most of the time it's just "kill" videos like mine, but the huge open levels, non-linear missions, and gameplay loop is really fun/engaging.

Note/Warning: Video is graphic

Edit* Video is Optimizing