View: https://twitter.com/EvanFilarca/status/1682152785754877954?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1682153612858867718?s=20
EDIT:

View: https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1682158354565591041
F1g4iTBaIAAmXji

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
That's a really cool design. It's rather dramatic and it plays into the PS5's design (which I'm not a fan of, personally, but it looks good here).

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Even after all this time I still wince at the look of the PS5, just the ugliest console I've ever owned lol.

No thank you.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol really could've just shown it off at the PlayStation Showcase but okay.

Gonna have to see if it grows on me. I'm not as "omfg I'm getting that day 1" like I was for the Spider-Man PS4 Pro

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's a little odd that it's coming out so far in advance of the game. My guess is September 1 is closer to when the game was originally intended to ship…and they don't want to just release these around October 20 because there's a different hardware design coming later.

Can purchase the items separately

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yall good lol
And you'll be thrilled to know that for those who already own a PS5 console, you'll also be able to purchase these Limited Edition items separately as individual products if you want. For those of you who have a PS5 console with a disc drive, you can purchase the PlayStation 5 Console Covers – Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition. If you own a PS5 Digital Edition, you can purchase the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition Console Covers – Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition. And finally, you will also be able to purchase the DualSense wireless controller – Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition separately, as well.
We're very excited to announce that the Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Limited Edition Bundle, PS5 console covers, PS5 Digital Edition covers, and DualSense wireless controller will release on September 1st. Pre-orders begin on July 28th

blog.playstation.com

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2: New Story Trailer

New Venom details revealed, and what else we learned from Insomniac Games at SDCC’s Hall H Panel.

Last edited:

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
It's a little odd that it's coming out so far in advance of the game. My guess is September 1 is closer to when the game was originally intended to ship…and they don't want to just release these around October 20 because there's a different hardware design coming later.
A good way to lock people in with digital SM2 as well since the system is out well in advance.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
Not a fan tbh, design looks a little too simple, wish they leaned in more with a true Venom/Lizard design.

The controller looks good though I will say

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Interesting, the bundle drops Sept 1st while the game drops Oct 20th. So I imagine this is an extra way to clear out old stock of PS5 models before the revision drops, and the revision very well might get a launch bundle too.

I like the look of those plates.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Can't imagine having something like that in my living room. PS5 looks weird enough as is

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
General question, do you usually get Special Edition consoles as collector items or do you actively play with them?

I honestly can't see myself having a huge PS5 sitting in my living room with that design.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
This is awful. Sony consistently makes the absolute worst limited edition consoles.

Last good one they dropped was probably the XV slim.

Joo

May 25, 2018
that's a bit simple design ... just a splash of red and spider logo ?
I'd be down for something way simpler for once. I feel like almost every special edition console is way too over the top and tacky, including this. It's like they specifically design these for 10 year olds (which is probably true).