TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I love MVC2 as much as the next guy, but it seriously had one of the most video/audio bizarre presentation I've ever seen in a video game.

All the characters are 2D sprites ported over from all the previous VS games plus other sources like Street Fighter Alpha, and yet they're presented against fully 3D backgrounds, and not only that, but none of the stages are even based on any locations from Marvel or Capcom, instead relying on generic carnivals/rivers/caves/etc, and of course, there's the infamously bizarre jazz soundtrack. Everything about this game was pretty much haphazardly thrown together with little to no cohesion.

And yet, oddly enough, it's still certainly much more appealing than MVC Infinite.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Worst soundtrack in the entire VS. franchise, but I guess that's what happens when you have so many characters and decide not to make individual themes for them.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Are you gonna take me for a ride Black American Psycho?

LOL. Anyways the soundtrack for MvC2 is great! I wish I still had the game...

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, as out of place as it may be, at least MVC2's OST is highly memorable.

Again, it's much better than Infinite, which completey disregarded the Marvel characters' classic themes in favor of garbage generic movie score crap. "Thanks", Marvel.

OP
OP
Chief Malik
Nah, as out of place as it may be, at least MVC2's OST is highly memorable.

Again, it's much better than Infinite, which completey disregarded the Marvel characters' classic themes in favor of garbage generic movie score crap. "Thanks", Marvel.
I hope that game makes people realize how important presentation is. Mechanics are top notch but the game is lacking style. It legit stops me from playing it. Why play that when you have games like fighter z on the way? Thing is, Capcom were the most coolest and stylish developers in the industry at one point. They invented the character action genre for God's sake.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Love the OST. Anyone actually know the lady who did the vocals for MVC2? Her voice is ingrained into my head.

MvC had such great music till recently. My head would explode if they had an arrangement of Cap's theme in the MCU.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I replaced all the dynamic stage music in UMvC3 PC with the MvC2 stage music.

No regrets.