• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not like we needed any confirmation but Ming Na Wen seemingly almost said that Inhumans got cancelled (14:10 if timestamp doesn't work).

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agents of SHIELD already wilding.

Also, Virgil? My guy. You could've brought anyone from the past to save humanity and you brought Coulson and co. How about the fucking Avengers? Lmao

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda curious what approach Marvel Studios will take when they inevitably incorporate the X-Men into the MCU. Like, this well runs so deep, you could keep multiple teams running for a good while. I hope they push Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique far to the back and make them more like supporting characters. I will scream if I have to sit through another Dark Phoenix film.

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda curious what approach Marvel Studios will take when they inevitably incorporate the X-Men into the MCU. Like, this well runs so deep, you could keep multiple teams running for a good while. I hope they push Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique far to the back and make them more like supporting characters. I will scream if I have to sit through another Dark Phoenix film.
I hope they don't even bother with mystique

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Supposedly the Warriors Three had additional time and lines in Thor Ragnarok but they were cut. And I'm OK with that.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
X-men movie should on MCU continuity should start full blown with Scott post AvX. No professor X, no Magneto.

Teaser: Ticker parade post A4. Everyone happy cheering.
Zoom out, it is a TV. With the ticker tape parade on the background, a mutant is getting kicked down by a band of bigots.
Screen flashes red. Bleeding mutant on the ground looks up: "Iron Man?"

Voice from the shadows: "The avengers don't care about us, son."

X visor flashes red: "Welcome to the revolution"

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
If they get the rights back, then they should bring in the Fantastic Four by all means, but X-Men should really stay separate. It'd be the same issue the comics have but worse. Why would people hate and fear mutants when all the other heroes are so loved? The MCU has also made some of its more traditionally distrusted superheroes, like Hulk and Spider-Man, plenty well liked in the movies. Hulk has action figures. Are mutants really going to be more disliked than the guy known for wrecking cities?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
X-men movie should on MCU continuity should start full blown with Scott post AvX. No professor X, no Magneto.

Teaser: Ticker parade post A4. Everyone happy cheering.
Zoom out, it is a TV. With the ticker tape parade on the background, a mutant is getting kicked down by a band of bigots.
Screen flashes red. Bleeding mutant on the ground looks up: "Iron Man?"

Voice from the shadows: "The avengers don't care about us, son."

X visor flashes red: "Welcome to the revolution"

The Avengers and X-Men's lack of comingling in comics history is a result of weird and stupid editorial decisions. That wouldn't be the case in the MCU. We know The Avengers in actuality would be allies to the X-Men. An AvX adaptation would have to be rooted in something else.

If they get the rights back, then they should bring in the Fantastic Four by all means, but X-Men should really stay separate. It'd be the same issue the comics have but worse. Why would people hate and fear mutants when all the other heroes are so loved? The MCU has also made some of its more traditionally distrusted superheroes, like Hulk and Spider-Man, plenty well liked in the movies. Hulk has action figures. Are mutants really going to be more disliked than the guy known for wrecking cities?

Not everybody loves the Avengers in the MCU. Problem solved.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017

Racism is always irrational. People hate mutants because they simbolize you are about to lose your privilege. Got it?

"How will little Jimmy fulfill his dream to be a quarterback when a freak is born twice as fast? Iron man had to build his armor. Captain America is the finest product of American ingenuity and science. Hulk had an accident, but due to his good heart and nature overcame and is now a hero. Now, what does this thing do? He was born better. Born better. Get it? Jimmy isn't born better, he is only American, only hard working, only honest and that won't be good enough anymore. Mutants are the death of the American dream, my fellow citizens. If we don't fight now, we might as well begin figuring out what the freaks shit because we will be cleaning their bathrooms."

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also regarding the having a younger/active Magneto, easy solution is right in front of us: Hydra got lucky and managed to put him in suspended animation, but knew he'd be too risky as an asset with current tech so they hid him. Fast forward to the 90's with an exploring the world Charles hearing of myths of a man of great power trying to make a difference who disappeared, and he manages to free Magneto. Fast forward to the emergence of the avengers causing the split, and the aftermath of Thanos giving Magneto an opening.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Also regarding the having a younger/active Magneto, easy solution is right in front of us: Hydra got lucky and managed to put him in suspended animation, but knew he'd be too risky as an asset with current tech so they hid him. Fast forward to the 90's with an exploring the world Charles hearing of myths of a man of great power trying to make a difference who disappeared, and he manages to free Magneto. Fast forward to the emergence of the avengers causing the split, and the aftermath of Thanos giving Magneto an opening.

Alternately, you can make Magneto from any number of countries where ethnic cleansing happened in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. It's not like humanity completely stopped being shitty after WWII. Make him Burmese or Libyan or Kurdish or something.

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
Phil Coulson is a nothing character. Whedon pitched a show for him on the strength of them both having bland personalities and receding hairlines in common.

Nobody is ever gonna build a monument to Phil Coulson.

Because who the hell is gonna pay for Hulu.

Dammit now I have to take my Coulson monument down.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or they can make up a country and/or a genocide. Like comics always do.

People tend to overthink these "issues". The inclusion of Ant-Man, Spidey and Wakanda worked just fine and you don't have to jump through numerous hoops to make a character fit into the MCU while respecting every little aspect of the source material. It's 2017, even the youngest Holocaust survivors are pushing 80.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alternately, you can make Magneto from any number of countries where ethnic cleansing happened in the 60's, 70's, or 80's.

Magneto's Judaism and his history with the Holocaust is an integral part of the character. Changing that to another country or some generic made-up genocide ruins what makes him appealing as a character to a lot of people.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I would introduce Doom by having Latveria invade and annex Sokovia. Basically have him walk in there leading his private army, to show he's not to be fucked with, and he gets away with it internationally due to diplomacy concerns (but SHIELD and the Avengers are working in the shadows against it).

You can draw a lot of parallels to real life events as well.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I say, forget Magneto and Professor X. Teenage cyclops, x visor, fight the system, they don't care about us.

Oh wait, I never watched the gift. Is it like that?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Magneto's Judaism and his history with the Holocaust is an integral part of the character. Changing that to another country or some generic made-up genocide ruins what makes him appealing as a character to a lot of people.
No it doesnt. His motivation stays the same if his origin is rooted in war and genocide. Jews don't have a monopoly on human suffering.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Oh won't someone think of the multibillion dollar mega corporation monopolizing all of our entertainment.

Listen to yourself. You're putting Mickey Mouse before considering the possibility of a movie merely acknowledging that genocide happens to other kinds of people.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have no idea why are you getting so angry. I am just saying that a big company like Disney most likely doesnt want bad press due removing the culture of one the two openly jewish Marvel characters. Nothing else.

I would by the way also not removing the jewish heritage of Magneto, but not because Mickey Mouse or something of the bullshit you said, I just feel not comfortable with removing the jewish heritage of something.

Take a chill pill or something.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not angry. Just letting you know that corporations feelings mean jack shit to me. Stop arguing like Jewish suffering isn't a well worn topic in media and entertainment.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Pretty sure a lot of jewish people would also not be fine with that, and thats the point of what I dont like. but I am not interested to go further into this discussion with you, so let uns call it a day.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Member was warned for derailing the thread
How many is a lot, because there are like 736548674946 movies and TV shows about the holocaust and like a dozen of them are about Magneto. C'mon. The change would be a drop in the bucket. Handwringing about hypothetical outrage is ridiculous.

Thanks for letting me have the last word.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How in the fuck is Chadwick Boseman in his 40s

Just found that out and my mind is blown

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstud...tpost_leaked_ending_of_avengers_infinity_war/
7rL5BVOh.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just rewatched Captain America: Civil War. This movie continues to be one of the best comic book movies I've ever seen, and it's one of those I can watch again and again. I think Zemo is a great villain, although his plan and execution is a bit out there. Besides that, it's rolling on all cylinders!

Last edited:

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So are the major concepts of Time and space in the mcu?
because I'm wondering if Eternity/infinity and all the other gods are going to end up gaining on Thanos.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I am honestly starting to get really excited about this. But I will contain my hype on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.