ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
I absolutely hate the pacing of so many video game cutscenes. They're so stilted and terrible. So much 'Now the model walks to place!' and 'This is not a real conversation!'

I want this to be amazing, but this cutscene has so little energy—it is a void of energy, in fact—I simply don't know. And that's before I even get to the weird faces.

Koyaannis

May 5, 2021
The pace of the dialogs is wierdly slow, and it make every "joke" land so flat :/

There is absolutly no energy, no rythm or stake in this cutscene, what a wierd thing to show for marketing.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Man everything Square-Enix x Marvel related just looks boring as hell.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
the pacing of the dialogue reminds me of the PS2 kingdom hearts games

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Design of the characters didn't do much for me, do they look something like in the comics?

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Not the most engaging cutscene but this is the Deus Ex team, right? I'll probably keep an eye on reviews but I trust them to make a good game.

Jan 18, 2021
Oh shit its blue kassandra 💙

Is she a Thanos or an apocalypse race?

Im no expert in marvel power levels so who's stronger thanos or Apocalypse?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The way the scene cuts back to Drax and Peter being side-by-side at 3:11, despite Drax having moved, tells me that dialogue choices are just here for show and won't matter one bit

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
God damn Gamora design is so damn awful... and also Drax's face is far too soft and his voice isn't a good match for the character either.

Oct 25, 2017
6240548af190b7b741d76c5127bf555c.jpg

When a Star Wars prequel executes a joke better than you

Oct 30, 2017
I want this to be great, and I want it to be Mass Effect x Marvel and funny, and I like the Montreal team, but man that is one crazy boring, energyless cutscene.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): objectifying commentary
Lord have mercy thicc blue Kassandra

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
That was rather weak. I expected some improvements compared to whatever that E3 showing was, but nope. Awkward cuts and conversation felt very "flat" and boring. It's hard to believe that's made by Deus Ex people

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
bah gawd thats a tall girl.

btw god damn is the voice acting in this completely dead. its like they got some bozo off the street to play Drax and gave him no direction. felt like I was watching this cutscene on 0.5x speed

snake2531

Oct 28, 2017
That conversation wasn't very fluid but I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for this. Hopefully they can pull off a Fallen Order style surprise. If I recall, people were pretty lukewarm on that game until more of it was revealed.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The rest look good but yeah star lord's hair/ coloring is seriously fucking lame lol

ash32121

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That face and that body don't fit.

The dialogue is honestly, meh

The pacing around is some PS2 PS3 energy.

Everything screams mediocre.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
While I think this cutscenes is terrible, I actually like star lord's douche hair

It shows while his helmet is on

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Y'know what? I didn't hate it. They're setting themselves up for unflattering comparisons trying to ape the Gunn movies so closely, but what're you gonna do? Writing doesn't seem too bad, and Lady Hellbender seems like fun villain. 2021, the year of the giant, kinda horny lady baddie.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does this look so bad? Like, the production quality is there, the graphics look decent... But it just looks so bland and uninspired and dry.

It's also bad because it's clearly, unquestionably inspired by James Gunn's films, but they can't use the actual likenesses, settings, or voice actors from Gunn's films, so it just inherently comes off as a cheap rip off.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
This game doesn't look terrible to me. I'm looking forward to playing it at some point after launch.

I was wondering when we would get more footage of it. They announced it in June and went silent for awhile.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Yeah, that's just Kassandra haha.

There wasn't really much energy here. When that guy got killed or whatever it just sort of happened and there was a sudden cut when she jumped down. The dialogue felt very slow and had too much pausing. The music reminded me of generic super hero/sci-fi mobile game background noise.

Graphics seem decent though, facial animation was pretty good, and the gameplay from the previous showing looked somewhat okay, so I'm still somewhat interested in it. But that was a bit of a weird cutscene to show.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sometimes the cuts and angles don't look hot, I have a feeling this will get delayed.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Lol at the dialogue decision just being an extra line for Drax, then cutting to the other dialogue decision you were actually supposed to pick to progress the scene.

This game is gonna suck.

May 17, 2018
At this point, I'm convinced Square is actively trying to make bad Marvel games in an attempt to stop them from taking over the gaming industry, and, I am *here* for it.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So much unnecessary negativity around this game on Era. Personally, aside from Peter 's face / hair combo, it looks really fun.
It has more to do with Square/Avengers than I think it does this actual game.

This cutscene aside, the rest of what they showed has looked tight.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...not looking good imo.

The actors they got for the movies just ooze Guardians of the Galaxy swagger lol, this game seems dull in that regard.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm one of the outliers that looks forward to this game.

Her model clashes with the rest though, that I agree on. Looks like a destiny character and a bit too realistic compared to the stylish cast,