Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Remakes of Mario RPG and Thousand Year Door and now a new Mario and Luigi.

All this makes me wonder: what direction is Nintendo gonna take the RPG Mario games in next? Are they gonna stick with one style or just do all three?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yep, I love it!!!

I hope they stick with all three and eventually make a new style too.

Imagine a Crafted or Yarn Mario RPG.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The thing that's crazy to me is that, like, they didn't keep greenlighting them because the prior one did so well. These were all likely in development at the same time.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
*all_these_limes.jpg*

So long as all three IPs continue on, it's the best case scenario. There's no reason not to have multiple RPGs if people want them, which we do!

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
All this makes me wonder: what direction is Nintendo gonna take the RPG Mario games in next? Are they gonna stick with one style or just do all three?

Big ol' isekai crossover?

Anyways, I've said it before, but I think all the RPGs are coming back because Nintendo needs stories and characters to mine for future movies. So I'm not sure the big RPG push continues or if it's kind of a blip, but I do think we'll get more in the future, if not at such a frantic pace.

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
I never expected to see all THREE rpgs to be seen again in such a short time spam I'm in tears thinking about it
Brotherhood gives me that DS era looking feel so damn much its day 1

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Its actually INSANE we have gotten Super, Paper, and now a brand new M&L. Clearly someone at Nintendo realizes people want RPG ass Mario games.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
it's been so nice. Hopefully the ride continues, get square on RPG 2

… and maybe one of these days we can finally get a turn-based Zelda RPG

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All 3 Mario RPG series releasing within 1 year of each other is wild.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, my thought was with the many Mario RPG series in various forms of disarray, they intended to move on from M&L, release PM and SMRPG, see which one did better and then go with that from here on. But with this announcement, I don't really know anymore. Just keep giving us all of them.

Pictobear

Jun 15, 2024
The past year has been Nintendo basically apologizing to all the fans of Mario's RPGs. Though I might not get the new Mario and Luigi game for a bit since I'm interested in other games (DQ III HD-2D Remake, Lost Records, Antonblast, and Metaphor Rephantasio)

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that's crazy to me is that, like, they didn't keep greenlighting them because the prior one did so well. These were all likely in development at the same time.
Mario and Luigi Brothership might have a hard time living up to Mario RPG and TTYD, and most people seem to agree they stood the test of time.

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting. The performance of the different games might determine which style of Mario RPG Nintendo goes with going forward

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
As a fan of Mario RPGs that felt distraught before last year at their future prospects

NINTENDO I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY

Oct 27, 2017
Remakes of Mario RPG and Thousand Year Door and now a new Mario and Luigi.

I'm so happy Nintendo is willing to give a chance to Mario RPGs again. It feels like the 2000s were really the golden age of RPGs of Mario and then they died down. This feels like a new age of great games coming up.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
It's fucked up, there's so much Mario RPG it's making me feel like I can't handle it, lol.

I was doing a replay of the SNES Mario RPG until they released the remake last year, now they just came out with Paper Mario TTYD and that made me think "maybe I should hold off on the RPG remake"...and now there's a fully brand-new Mario and Luigi which I think I should get before any of those other two games!

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
spongebob-waiting-for.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nintendo making up for lost time.

- Mario RPG remake
- The Thousand-Year Door remake
- brand new Mario & Luigi

All within a 12-month period.

If anyone on the internet predicted that two years ago, they would have been (understandably) laughed at.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo making up for lost time.

- Mario RPG remake
- The Thousand-Year Door remake
- brand new Mario & Luigi

All within a 12-month period.

If anyone on the internet predicted that two years ago, they would have been (understandably) laughed at.
To be honest, I would have laughed at people saying it would be in a show with a new Zelda with her as the main character and the re-emergence of Metroid Prime 4.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just a bit concerened some will see it as overkill and not think highly of it when it releases, making it not sell as well.

FinalRPG

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy to see the revival but I wouldn't consider remakes as a feast. And Super Mario RPG was probably the worst RPG I've ever played so… looking forward to Brotherhood at least

Seanlole

Oct 25, 2017
I still miss a N64 Paper Mario remake or a new Paper Mario, N64/TTYD style.

But yes, this year has been a blast for Mario RPG fans.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy.

Now if they can just give the Mario RPG director the reins on a Super Mario RPG 2 as his last game before retirement, all would be well with the world.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda funny that the Mario movie barely had any story, and people excused it because "Mario doesn't have a story," and then, BAM, we get a ton of Mario RPGs with stories all in a row.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't have believed you if you told me before June 2023 Direct that there would be several Mario RPGs for a little over a year, remakes or not. Nintendo is definitely looking for which series should go ahead as the main Mario RPG.

Dreamyard

Jul 15, 2020
I don't think three games is necessarily "feasting" (what a weird phrase for playing games, you're not eating the games), but to each their own.