Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I know that's a crazy title, haha.

Apparently the guy got away, and police aren't sure who fired the shots. Crazy series of events and you would think this would be bigger news.

This isn't far from me in SC, guy's license plate is from Arkansas.

They're currently looking for him or any info.

www.wyff4.com

Man arrested and charged following incident at Oconee Nuclear Station, deputies say

We have learned new information about the situation at the Oconee County Nuclear Plant in South Carolina that happened Thursday night.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Went to college up there. I'm shocked he got away to be honest. I've always heard that plant is like Fort Knox

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The painters must have moved Mr. Burns' desk again

Oct 27, 2017
So the shots were not fired at the Nuclear Plant, but some random property nearby that the suspect drove to afterwards. Weird.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Weird to me that the pop-up barricades aren't normally up, then lowered when authorized vehicles are traversing.

having to raise them in the middle of a sudden, unexpected emergency seems like it defeats the purpose.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, my immediate reaction is that it's one of those nutcases that's been shooting up power substations, just ramping things up. On the other hand, those numbnuts would never be caught dead driving an import, so who knows.

Hope they find the guy and figure out what he's up to. Seems doubtful the guy had any kind of plan, there's not much one person can do to cause any real damage to a nuclear plant, assuming he could even get inside the building itself, not just onto the grounds.

OP
OP
Landy828

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
On the one hand, my immediate reaction is that it's one of those nutcases that's been shooting up power substations, just ramping things up. On the other hand, those numbnuts would never be caught dead driving an import, so who knows.

Hope they find the guy and figure out what he's up to. Seems doubtful the guy had any kind of plan, there's not much one person can do to cause any real damage to a nuclear plant, assuming he could even get inside the building itself, not just onto the grounds.

Yeah, he was probably no real immediate threat. Need to catch him and find out wtf is going on though. Hopefully we get a more accurate update. I will post if I see one.