NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine if this beats Rebirth in sales.

It won't, and it most likely won't come anywhere close at launch. These games aren't in the same ballpark.

If Stellar Blade is able to sell around 1M shortly after release it'll be great.

Lifetime, who knows. If Stellar Blade manages to get the attention of the Souls crowd when it launches on PC, it could do pretty well.

Ashionok

Nov 7, 2022
It won't, and it most likely won't come anywhere close at launch. These games aren't in the same ballpark.

If Stellar Blade manages to sell around 1M shortly after release it'll be great.

Lifetime, who knows. If Stellar Blade manages to get the attention of the Souls crowd when it launches on PC, it could do pretty well.

I don't think they were necessarily being serious in thinking SB would surpass Rebirth in sales tbf

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think they were necessarily being serious in thinking SB would surpass Rebirth in sales tbf

That's most likely the case, but I think this recent article by Ampere could give some people the wrong expectations.

www.ampereanalysis.com

Stellar Blade demo numbers impress, but will the hype convert to paying players?

Daily active user numbers for the Stellar Blade demo have more than doubled those seen for the FFVII Rebirth demo, but a launch performance matching FFVII is likely a best-case scenario.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Sony: "I think we garnered enough goodwill with our latest women characters to cash in on a full-on jiggle fest".

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So the inspiration is quite political for Kim, taxi drivers going on strike, his questions about being replaced by AI, and about humanity. But a bit contradictory they want to avoid politics about sexism and use the defence that it's just entertainment or another fun action game, when it comes to women and other social politics:

"I know that in the West, game characters have to be realistic in many ways and that there are numerous issues involved, such as there are numerous issues involved such as gender, race, diversity etc.

But Stellar Blade is only an entertainment and cultural work. I hope people will look at it as just another fun action game that has been released."

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
So the inspiration is quite political for Kim, taxi drivers going on strike, his questions about being replaced by AI, and about humanity. But a bit contradictory they want to avoid politics about sexism and use the defence that it's just entertainment or another fun action game, when it comes to women and other social politics:

"I know that in the West, game characters have to be realistic in many ways and that there are numerous issues involved, such as there are numerous issues involved such as gender, race, diversity etc.

But Stellar Blade is only an entertainment and cultural work. I hope people will look at it as just another fun action game that has been released."
They just don't see women as people

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
As someone that loved the movie The Host it's awesome to hear they brought in the creature designer who worked on the movie.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Really liked this brief shot:

IMG-3629.gif

Also was nice to hear how they made a point of scanning real costumes in to then work from, as it's an aspect of the game that's always felt above what we usually get detail and fidelity wise.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
From the inspiration being how humans are going to be replaced by AI, and the fact the enemies name is essentially "natives", getting vibe that it's going to be that the naytiba are actually a civilisation that predates humanity and created us to do menial tasks only to end up with us replacing them.

Oct 14, 2019
User Banned (Pending): Pending Further Review
Really liked this brief shot:

IMG-3629.gif

Also was nice to hear how they made a point of scanning real costumes in to then work from, as it's an aspect of the game that's always felt above what we usually get detail and fidelity wise.

It's gross how you're all in on this company and game.

I guess you only care when it hits home to your transgender issues, huh?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Interesting that you seem to think women's issues aren't my issues. I've been pretty openly critical of various elements of the game and called people out when they've tried to dismiss criticism of it. I don't think I've been missing in discussions of women's issues in general across the forum either, or other issues that people face who aren't trans.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

This is a horrible post, reported it.

Interesting that you seem to think women's issues aren't my issues. I've been pretty openly critical of various elements of the game and called people out when they've tried to dismiss criticism of it. I don't think I've been missing in discussions of women's issues in general across the forum either, or other issues that people face who aren't trans.
Dw mate, that post was ridiculous. The idea that you're not concerned about women's issues is also some bullshit for obvious reasons. You've been great in these threads.

Last edited:

psyrus

Aug 10, 2023
People are really losing their minds over this game. Also it doesn't matter what message you're trying to deliver while addressing misogyny and women issues in this industry, nobody's interested in listening to an asshole.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019

You've been awesome, and it's bullshit you got called out like that. That post was gross.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

You remain, as ever open, clear and generous with your support for anyone in my experience Kyuuji. On top of that open and generous in talking about your own experiences. Thanks for being you.

<3

Dw mate, that post was ridiculous. The idea that you're not concerned about women's issues is also some bullshit for obvious reasons. You've been great in these threads.

You've been awesome, and it's bullshit you got called out like that. That post was gross.

100% agreed. That post was disgusting.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It's funny how Sony/the ones producing this video are trying to give the game gravitas and a deeper meaning, while the game itself just comes across as shallow, soulless and exchangeable. I know it's just marketing, but the whole dystopian and Cyberpunk thing has been done to death by now and the developers' influences are so obvious, that hearing them say stuff like "you may find that this is a story about humanity" makes me just cringe.

Hiring the guy who made the design of The Host's monster is a great move though. There might also be an interesting concept behind those designs, as the monsters' looks seem to be based predominantly on aquatic animals while the protagonist, with her reflective, radiant outfit and the see-through thingies on her bag, is giving me butterfly vibes. Or maybe I'm just trying to give the game gravitas and a deeper meaning.

Last edited:

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017

Kinda bizarre to call out Kyuuji when she's been critical of the game's (and the dev's) issues in other threads. Might want to pay more attention to discussions here before acting all pompous on us.

Grips

Banned
Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I know this game is controversial but man do you really feel the passion the devs have with this project.

Hopefully the game sells well, I would love to see more South Korean devs work on passion console projects in the future.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't gotten around to playing the demo but it's good to see how much support it's getting. For the longest time it felt like one of those Korean or Chinese-developed games that made for cool tech demos but you'd bet would never be released. Black Myth: Wukong falls into that category, too.

Cool to see these expansions into new territories (hopefully) pay off. Makes you wonder what'll come out of Sony's India and Africa investments.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020

That last part really sticks out as being particularly egregious here. I notice you've rightly defended trans users here and gone to bat against transphobia in and around the media, as one should; so what's changed since then that you felt you needed to word it as "your transgender issues," as if you've removed yourself entirely from those conversations? It's just a really weirdly combative and toxic tone to take, regardless of your intent.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
It doesn't take much looking to see you've been highly critical of aspects of the game...

What a completely uncalled for attack, as if people can't find good in things whilst still calling out the bad.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's ok to be critical of the media you love. I really enjoyed the demo and also can see it's very problematic in some of its presentation. We should be able to hold both these positions at once if we need to. The game seemingly has a lot to offer outside of dumb booty shots (excellent combat, sound, etc.) but I don't even blink if some find that distasteful enough that it warrants avoiding it altogether.

And I think it goes without saying that we don't need to launch personal attacks on each others' character here.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The ban list for the OT will be impressive to see. Folks won't be able to have any nuanced discussions week 1, especially if it reviews well.