Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the hell out of this show. The premise of the show is basically this giant dude wanders from town to town and just beats the shit out of people who deserve it. Immediately sold on the concept.

He's basically like Jack Bauer. He walks into a situation and knows immediately what to do. To the point of ridiculousness-it's immensely entertaining and it's scratching that same itch 24 did. The show has cartoonishly evil bad guys doing some pretty horrific shit and you are just waiting patiently to see how Reacher is going to fuck their day up. We are always laughing at how he's always thinking of ways to creatively solve the problems he's in. The scene where he stuffs the dead bodies in the trunk had my jaw drop.

Love it.

View: https://youtu.be/33giaQPgP18?si=A9VqhkPP635m_vIh

View: https://youtu.be/2_q1aeGI8X4?si=zkdUHDk1GKQWXRDp

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Love Reacher. Season 2 unfortunately gets away from his over the top wanton brutality for the most part, but it's still enjoyable. Hoping season 3 gets back to more of what made S1 great.

Nov 3, 2017
Love the scene with the four twits outside the motel, the deliberate catch of the fist with his forehead to stop the shot is incredible.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Love the scene with the four twits outside the motel, the deliberate catch of the fist with his forehead to stop the shot is incredible.
I appreciate that they tried to throw in one or two fight scenes like that an episode. I like the one where he uses his necktie on that one guy. I thought he was just going to flip him around and choke him/but no. Reacher jumps off the side of the staircase while holding onto it. 😂

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
It's also great because Reacher is exceedingly polite to people unless they are assholes.

And while S2 was a step down it is still very enjoyable.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Season one is fantastic and season two is okay, hopefully season three is a return to form

I think I prefer when it's just Reacher and maybe a supporting character.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
0lhkS5V.png

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
The books are the same way (audible'd around 8 after bingeing season 2 and figured they'd be perfect workout books which they are). Really dumb that they adapted that story for season 2 when it should have been a season 5 thing.

Reacher enters new town --> Some dastardly plot ropes Reacher in --> a professional woman brings him into the loop --> they hook up while he displays he's jacked as hell, and smart as hell --> somethign reminds him of his military past --> he finds out the plan --> there's some dramatic tension in the final stand off --> reacher leaves town.

At least that's like the last 6 books from the series I read. Perfect for these Amazon series, could go on for another 30 seasons. Basically every other book from the series I read would have been better than what they chose for s2 (imo).

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Jack Reacher series:

1) Jack Reacher walks into town.
2) Bad people cross him.
3) Reacher takes care of business.

18 books. Same formula.

I can't stop reading them.

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
Reacher is basically Batman, but manages it without any of the resources or gear or preparation time. Often not even any stealth either.

The fun part definitely is seeing exactly how he solves all of the situations he casually strolls into, and that there still is some sense of peril despite him being basically a superhuman genius hulk. The premise is perfect to produce as many disconnected situations for him to drift into as are desired, and the casting in the TV series is pretty much spot on. I've not seen the second series yet, but the books are good too.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Love this show.

We won't lose season 3 because it does really well, but I hope it doesn't go to complete shit with what happened to Paramount TV. I hope there isn't a drastic cut in budget, loss in actors, etc.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
That first season is such a fun ride. How he gets in and out of a bad situation is so much fun to watch. I feel like that was something missing in the second season.

It's good. I hope season 3 returns to form because 2 was trash.

+1

I did finish that second season, but my god... I never want to hear "you don't mess with the special investigators" ever again.

Oct 25, 2017
They won't adapt the filmed adaptations will they?

Which storyline seemed to be mentioned while they were together in the van and Reacher says "I helped him out last year"?

I'm being vague on purpose, happy to use spoiler tags too.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Started watching S1 today and made it five episodes in and i'm loving it.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't get through episode 1 of season 2. I had read so many posts saying the quality drop off was noticeable but I couldn't even get through one episode.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, season one was hilarious, it was such a pleasant surprise (I knew nothing about Reacher going in).

But Season 2 I definitely wasn't as big of a fan of. The "mystery" wasn't that interesting, and while I liked his team, I hope that season 3 goes back to being more solo Reacher. I think a lot of the fun of the show is stranger's reactions to how ridiculous Reacher is, haha.

I'd still recommend seeing S2 through. Even if it wasn't up to S1, it still has some fun moments.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Season one is fantastic and season two is okay, hopefully season three is a return to form

I think I prefer when it's just Reacher and maybe a supporting character.
This is where I am on the show as well. Season 1 was very good. Season 2 was just a guilty pleasure that I wouldn't really recommend to others.
I think that Finlay and Roscoe helped elevate season 1 quite a bit.