Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The base game is on sale at Humble Bundle for 10 dollars, the DLC is on sale as well but for less of a discount ($7.50 for Crimson Court and like $2 for the DLC hero).

I've read some mixed things about both DLCs and I'm wondering if they're worth getting especially since they integrate in to the base game.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think either is particularly good

I would recommend playing through the base game first and then deciding if you want to add them on later playthroughs. the base game is pretty well balanced and fun (I thought crimson court was neither)

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I personally would say play the base game for a little while, and if you see yourself dumping 100+ hours into the game then get the DLC.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't worry about it. CC is more annoying than interesting, imo. You just end up shelving dudes in unnecessary tasks to game the stupid thirst system for ho-hum buffs.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually wonder about this too. Played shitloads of the OG game. Haven't come back to it in a long time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I personally would say play the base game for a little while, and if you see yourself dumping 100+ hours into the game then get the DLC.
Yeah this is probably what I was going to do anyway since the DLC isn't that deep of a discount, I was just wondering people's thoughts on it since a lot of Steam reviews mentioned they actually thought it made the game worse.

Nov 6, 2017
As other have said, before buying stuff you might regret, just get the base to see what you're getting into. Its a good game though it gets tediously boring later on. Mods help.

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
For the first couple of runs I wouldn't recommend having the Crimson Court active, because it adds a bunch of complex mechanics on an already complex system that will take a couple of hours to understand and get the hang of. The CC DLC adds a mechanic where your characters can become vampires and you have to deal with Buffs, Debuffs, an extra crucial item that takes up inventory, an enemy that hunts down your party in dungeons, new enemies and a new dungeon. I think it's fun, but that's because I've played the base game for hundreds of hours so the dlc was a fun edition for me. For a new person play about 3 hours, beat a boss and if you see yourself sinking more time into it, grab it.

As for the Hero DLC it's very medicore in my opinion. The new Hero is very situational and is only really worth it for Abomination parties so you can have another heavy hitter in the party. There's also some unique random battles that can occur in dungeons with them that can result in some rare and unique trinkets and buffs, but I didn't feel they were worth it. If you see it for the cheap, grab it, but otherwise it's very skippable.