• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Retribution is unplayable trash.

I have played it 10 times and have had 6 straight up failures (all on Normal), 2 times where my team took forever to get on the ship, and two actual successes (both times in All Heroes mode). 20% success rate speaks to the terrible design and the even worse community. It needs to be fixed or dropped.

My last match, three of us were on the dropship, Genji won't get on the ship (it's always Genji) and dies, we revive him THREE TIMES and then we all die trying to help him and while the three of us need revived, Genji is on the dropship taunting us.

Tired of wasting my time on this shit.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they made the ending to Retribution something that can only be griefed.

I just got the Lucio skin so I'm set for this event.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Havent played the new event but is there a ping or a hitpoint to group on the ship? why people are so dumb to no regroup

lampeater

Oct 27, 2017
I think the first time I played I had a Genji insist on trying to take on the whole final extraction wave. I'm honestly not sure if the guy didn't get that he had to hop on the ship to leave.

The end of the event brings back so many memories of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Maybe some sort of timed extraction with whoever makes it onto the ship before the timer ends would help move things along.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I think the first time I played I had a Genji insist on trying to take on the whole final extraction wave. I'm honestly not sure if the guy didn't get that he had to hop on the ship to leave.

The end of the event brings back so many memories of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Maybe some sort of timed extraction with whoever makes it onto the ship before the timer ends would help move things along.
Yeah, make it Titanfall rules. If you miss the bus, you're left behind.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I have played it 10 times and have had 6 straight up failures (all on Normal), 2 times where my team took forever to get on the ship, and two actual successes (both times in All Heroes mode). 20% success rate speaks to the terrible design and the even worse community. It needs to be fixed or dropped.

My last match, three of us were on the dropship, Genji won't get on the ship (it's always Genji) and dies, we revive him THREE TIMES and then we all die trying to help him and while the three of us need revived, Genji is on the dropship taunting us.

Anectodal, i played several times now and had only one failure (on Expert)

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
an idiot that doesnt know how to play runs off at the end and dies instead of getting on the plane match....

every. single. time

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I wish Retribution ended L4D style where if 1 or more people are on the evac transport and the rest get incapped, the survivors fly off and that's that. Really tired of having to go rescue one idiot (usually Genji), which of course ends up with everyone dead.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every single event so far has had little to no replay value which is a shame.
They're getting a little bit better. The latest CTF event with a map and new rules that were better suited for the game type was good. Junkenstein's Revenge is good. The Omnic horde mode was good. This mode feels like a sped-up version of the Horde mode and isn't bad as long as you play with good players and take advantage of the higher difficulty levels.

What sucks is that the good event modes are locked to limited-time events and for the rest of the year we get garbo like total mayhem/no limits/ffa arena in the 'arcade' that aren't a good use of anybody's time.

Oct 25, 2017

Have you tried Hard/Expert?

In the 20+ random games i've played i've had only one failure where people didn't get on the ship

It is poor design though, no doubt the decision was made for story purposes.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried Hard/Expert?

In the 20+ random games i've played i've had only one failure where people didn't get on the ship

It is poor design though, no doubt the decision was made for story purposes.
Tried Hard once but we failed for legitimate reasons. Perhaps I will try it more but may prove difficult with randoms. Not sure what about Normal attracts the griefers/idiots. Oh well, got my weekly loot boxes (Lucio skin!) so I won't complain until they refresh next week.

Oct 28, 2017
Legendaries are too rare for me to even feel incentivized to do this shit anymore. Maybe if the other crap was worth a damn I'd bother. Yeah, the allure is gone Kaplan, I've got enough skins.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi

Just report for throwing and move on to next match cant do much for those throwers there

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
Legendaries are too rare for me to even feel incentivized to do this shit anymore. Maybe if the other crap was worth a damn I'd bother. Yeah, the allure is gone Kaplan, I've got enough skins.

Ive been in this boat a while now. It was a good run, but I dont feel the desire to play every waking minute during the events anymore. I dont do anything stupid, like buy loot boxes, any more either, haha

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Round 3! Fight!

1st Gold: Talon Widowmaker. Alright. I mean I don't play WM but it is a nice skin.
2nd Gold: Thunderbird Pharah. I went through so much trouble getting her Lunar skin, so this is unfortunate...
3rd Gold: Equalizer Lucio- DAMN IT! Figures the time I said I'd be ok not getting it and of course I now get it! I'm still planning on getting Jazzy, but for now, I'll take it. Better than the soccer skin.

And... after another couple of boxes, I know have all the blues and whites this event has to offer... In fact, I am missing Hanzo's training emote and Torb's My baby intro from last year and the three new intros from this year.

I'm also sitting at 12000 gold, so I'm weighing my options if I should just buy the ones I want or wait a bit longer to see if boxes can still do me justice. There are six skins I didn't get last year during the anniversary, so I want to sit on at least 6k before it starts.

Skins currently working to get:
Soldier 24 Reyes
Talon Sombra
Scion Hanzo
BlackWatch Moira

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Didn't fail, first skin was Winston.

Ive been in this boat a while now. It was a good run, but I dont feel the desire to play every waking minute during the events anymore. I dont do anything stupid, like buy loot boxes, any more either, haha

Yep, I've only ever unlocked event skins very rarely, and when I do, it's never the ones I want. The amount of time you have to grind for boxes to get 3000 gold is way too much for me to put in, or even want to put in. And I have never, and will never buy loot boxes. That is in no way worth it to me.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Retribution needs some huge hotfixes, mainly that if at least 1 person is in the dropship for more than 20 seconds, that's it, the game ends, it's bullshit waiting on people or worse people who were too stupid to get into the dropship and died and wasted everyone else's time.

There also needs to be massive penalties for leavers. Already takes a long time for a match to queue and then I get some moron that leaves before the first area is finished. Just stop that shit and ban people that leave more than 3 retribution games for queuing

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I played on hard and got some new dialogue between Gabriel and Genji.

They talk about who the guy they assassinated was and who is going to replace him.

Can't remember the names but he mentions Doomfist and two other guys.

You know I was thinking more about this conversation and I realized this means that Genji went on a what was supposed to be a abduction mission with no idea who the heck they were actually supposed to kidnap.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Ok i somehow got to last area of legendary after kiting and running circles around the 1st heavy you fight.

And then they spawn 2 heavies in the dining area. This sucks a dick.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Playing legendary today i realized this mission gets way easier if the mccree doesn't fuck up the flashbangs.

I'm tempted to go mccree only if I ever go solo because the difference is like night and day

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been playing on Normal to get the "win with character" achievements, honestly I've had more issues with leavers (which, incidentally, are most often the healers), even though the idiots not getting onto the ship have cost me several runs as well.

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by inflammatory post.
I'll never understand why people continue to play and pay money towards this piece of shit game.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

How do people fail on Normal? It's so easy. I can understand if they don't follow the last objective tho. That's just stupid and really lame. They should just end the mission if one guy is on the dropship.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
How do people fail on Normal? It's so easy. I can understand if they don't follow the last objective tho. That's just stupid and really lame. They should just end the mission if one guy is on the dropship.
I can say this by experience, I played uprising yesterday and we were killing it on normal where last year we simply struggled hard at the end.

If people haven't been playing the game like addicts in the last year they'll probably struggle with retribution and maybe lose. Especially because rhe healer is Moira lol. Newer folks don't have enough awareness or mechanics to carry every time, unfortunately :/

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
Retribution is a lot of fun if you can play it with competent teammates.

Mowed through the event on Hard with one friend and two random people.

Redmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Someone mentioned a good idea, too have it end titanfall/l4d style. First time I played the mode I didn't know you were supposed to immediately leave when the ship came, thought you had to clear the mobs first lol.

Also seems like my lootbox rng hasn't changed at all since the last time I played. About 30 earned so far and I've gotten the hanzo/moira skins and an old mcree legendary. Can't even build credits worth a damn since I'm missing like 40% of all the unboxable items ala no dupe gold.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I thought it was fantastic and much better than their other single player content. Much easier too.

I've completed it twice on normal for the two lootboxes and the second time, a player dropped out in the first minute. We still had no issues completing it with 3 people (soldier, mercy and mei). Didn't even come close to wiping out.

I'll never understand why people continue to play and pay money towards this piece of shit game.

Because one of the best multiplayer shooters ever released.

Based on your persona 5 avatar I'm assuming you're a huge persona 5 fan. I tried it and got insanely bored after 5 hours. I could say your same comment about persona 5. Or I could accept that persona 5 isn't for me while overwatch is and the reverse seems to be true for you.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was fantastic and much better than their other single player content. Much easier too.

I've completed it twice on normal for the two lootboxes and the second time, a player dropped out in the first minute. We still had no issues completing it with 3 people (soldier, mercy and mei). Didn't even come close to wiping out.

Because one of the best multiplayer shooters ever released.

Based on your persona 5 avatar I'm assuming you're a huge persona 5 fan. I tried it and got insanely bored after 5 hours. I could say your same comment about persona 5. Or I could accept that persona 5 isn't for me while overwatch is and the reverse seems to be true for you.

Retribution is def way less of a slog than Uprising mainly because you get to play good DPS in it.

Also, P5 has nothing to do with it. Berserking still plays the game but also rages at it all the time.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can say this by experience, I played uprising yesterday and we were killing it on normal where last year we simply struggled hard at the end.

If people haven't been playing the game like addicts in the last year they'll probably struggle with retribution and maybe lose. Especially because rhe healer is Moira lol. Newer folks don't have enough awareness or mechanics to carry every time, unfortunately :/
My first run on Uprising was almost a wipe because our Tracer thought it would be a great idea to blink ahead and fight two Bastions and Orisas by herself. But alas, we managed to pull through.

Moira's a great healer but I'm tired of people using her as if she's an attack hero, so I just pick her myself.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
My first run on Uprising was almost a wipe because our Tracer thought it would be a great idea to blink ahead and fight two Bastions and Orisas by herself. But alas, we managed to pull through.

Moira's a great healer but I'm tired of people using her as if she's an attack hero, so I just pick her myself.

DPS Moira is the worst.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Moira needs to alternate between healing and damage constantly. It's why I enjoy playing her. But some people focus so much on damage and ignore healing which is the most annoying shit.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm finding Sombra to be my go-to DPS in All Heroes Retribution (on Expert & Legendary), as she can shut down the Sniper, Assassin, & Heavy Gunner units without much hassle. One of my favourite comps is Orisa, Brigitte, Sombra, & either Mercy/Reaper/Ana to fill the last slot.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Moira needs to alternate between healing and damage constantly. It's why I enjoy playing her. But some people focus so much on damage and ignore healing which is the most annoying shit.
This, but I'm not sure what's worse in retribution, bad moira or bad mccree, on legendary if your mccree doesn't knows how to stun chances are you'll die on the first room for the shotgun mobs. It's enfuriating.

I've finished a round on expert as McCree and by simply not fucking up stuns we got through the end just fine

Like, COME ON people lol

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
This, but I'm not sure what's worse in retribution, bad moira or bad mccree, on legendary if your mccree doesn't knows how to stun chances are you'll die on the first room for the shotgun mobs. It's enfuriating.

I've finished a round on expert as McCree and by simply not fucking up stuns we got through the end just fine

Like, COME ON people lol

Yeah, I seriously can't trust random players with handling Genji or Moira sensibly, so I usually pick those two, as I know I can be competent with them and keep my team alive.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
We fail because no one gets on the ship. It's a breeze until then.

I like it too! What I don't like is wasting 10 minutes each time because Genji can't/won't follow instructions.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm finding Sombra to be my go-to DPS in All Heroes Retribution (on Expert & Legendary), as she can shut down the Sniper, Assassin, & Heavy Gunner units without much hassle. One of my favourite comps is Orisa, Brigitte, Sombra, & either Mercy/Reaper/Ana to fill the last slot.

Yeah, I tried Sombra for a laugh, but she ended up being pretty cool when I had a Mercy damage buffing me.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was playing Mercy in a comp with Sombra and Orisa earlier today (we also had a Junkrat, but he left while we still were in the first room, even though we did well).
We handily beat the mode, even though our damage output wasn't exactly great. Funnily enough I was the most reliable damage dealer to take out Snipers lol, and by the end I had the most special unit damage because I stood behind the heavy assaults and pistol'd them in the jetpack while the Sombra kept them hacked.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
My strategy is that as soon as the pilot says "I'm here!" I get to the roof and immediately begin to spam the "Group up!" announcement. I think people either think that "We need to clear the area before we can leave!" or "We need to get the high score!" in spite of how if you're playing on normal, three stars isn't saying much...

But it never fails that you have people diving off the roof thinking, "Oh! We survived this long! Let's get a few more and then leave!" When suddenly two heavies and two assassins come in and take out the moron who thought he could survive. Then a second person... then a third... and I'm sitting in the ship thinking to myself, "was it worth it?"

Still, I've been in love with the retribution event since it is fun to go running through the streets while gunning down everyone in the way. Going to be sad when it leaves at the end of the month...