• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Nice! Definitely in for that one.

But, uh....will the CE available through LRG or through Fangamer? As an international buyer, I very much hope for the former option.
Also, will it be preorder as well? Or just the standard edition?

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Picking up Thimbleweed, though I'm definitely interested to know what a standard Switch game will cost. My bet is $30. Doug, can you confirm anything regarding this?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see the Switch releases finally get off the ground. My Switch collection so far is very modest and I'm convinced LRG will change that. Looking forward to high quality releases and shooting games.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Picking up Thimbleweed, though I'm definitely interested to know what a standard Switch game will cost. My bet is $30. Doug, can you confirm anything regarding this?

Hmmm, I just noticed Thimbleweed Park is $35 for both Switch and PS4 which is $15 above the PSN price compared to the normal $10. I hope this isn't expensive Switch carts driving up the price for the PS4 version as well because of parity. /conspiracy theories

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the Limited Edition Thimbleweed Park will be available through the LRG Store or FanGamer. I'm kinda confused about the wording there. Also, the limited edition will come with a normal sized Switch case inside that big box, right?

sarcoa

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville KY USA

Woof. Pixel Gear is the least ambitions VR game I've played, and the entire Oasis Games PSVR library is the closest the platform has to shovelware. I understand LRG is trying to do right by boosting small developers (their appearance on Retronauts was illuminating, and made me believe they value goodwill more than good business) but I really had hoped for something more from their first PSVR title. Its Metacritic, which I admittedly added to, is in the 50's.

Last edited:

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, I just noticed Thimbleweed Park is $35 for both Switch and PS4 which is $15 above the PSN price compared to the normal $10. I hope this isn't expensive Switch carts driving up the price for the PS4 version as well because of parity. /conspiracy theories

Hate to say it, but that's the first thing I thought too. Any word for us, Doug? Is $30/$35 going to be the standard price point for $15/$20 games?

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Just leave them alone to release switch games and stop the incessant issues jeeeeez

I for one am stoked at thimbleweed

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: console war baiting
Can't really complain about that but I'm not really seeing why PS4 consumers should "suffer" if the reason is that Switch publishing is more expensive. Will PS4-only releases also cost $15 above PSN prices? Curious what to expect.

probably doing it to stop switchbabies crying about the switchtax

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
wasn't it just released and the file size shown can fit on a 4gb cart? maybe they optimized the file size more since that announcement
Even if it can technically fit on 4gb cart, can it really fit? Like how you have any SD Card but there is already some space taken up even if there is nothing in it yet? I imagine Vita cart to have something similar.

The only person who bothered to optimize their game to fit on Vita gb was the people behind Cosmic Star Heroine imo and it was more of a "for the fans" project.

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON

Wait, so open preorders are for the switch version only?

Will Pickup this for sure, Been hearing a lot of great stuff about it

Edit :

LimitedRunGames Ghost of tale is coming to PS4 Later, The Devs looking for a publisher. The games look good and I would buy it.

From Devs website
It will be available for download on Steam, GOG and Humble Bundle at the price of $24.99. There are no plans for physical release yet (although we would love to eventually have one).

http://www.ghostofatale.com/

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They mentioned if they release the same game on switch and ps4, then they will have the same price. Sucks for PS4 users to pay a premium.
That's REALLY unfortunate. I'm still waiting around for Phantom Breaker, and I'll pay what it takes, but this practice will end my consideration for some of the smaller releases that might experience this tax.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it seems really shady to increase the price on PS4 releases. It feels wrong to me. Vita releases, okay, I can understand but there's no real reason for the PS4 version to increase. Switch owners generally know they have a "tax" on stuff anyway, don't they? It seems to be the standard in retail releases, so why not here too? Why punish long-time fans with this extra five dollars for the PS4 releases?

I'll buy Thimbleweed Park because the game is honestly worth it but definitely going to be questioning other releases in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it seems really shady to increase the price on PS4 releases. It feels wrong to me. Vita releases, okay, I can understand but there's no real reason for the PS4 version to increase. Switch owners generally know they have a "tax" on stuff anyway, don't they? It seems to be the standard in retail releases, so why not here too? Why punish long-time fans with this extra five dollars for the PS4 releases?

I'll buy Thimbleweed Park because the game is honestly worth it but definitely going to be questioning other releases in the future.
I'm not a fan of Switch releases being more expensive than other releases, so I'm glad that Limited Run Games isn't doing that for Switch releases. I'd be unhappy if their Switch games cost more than a PS4 version. This higher pricing is very frustrating for most Switch users, we want less of this, not more.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of Switch releases being more expensive than other releases, so I'm glad that Limited Run Games isn't doing that for Switch releases. I'd be unhappy if their Switch games cost more than a PS4 version. This higher pricing is very frustrating for most Switch users, we want less of this, not more.

But it technically IS more expensive than other releases by $5 regardless. Any game that was already sold by LRG on PS4 is going to be $5 more than the PS4 counterpart from the past. There's a baked-in cost of the cards that increase the prices of producing a Switch game physically that simply doesn't exist on PS4. I don't understand why non-Switch owners should have to pay the premium here.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Definitely in for that one.

But, uh....will the CE available through LRG or through Fangamer? As an international buyer, I very much hope for the former option.
Also, will it be preorder as well? Or just the standard edition?

Is the LE for both systems or just the PS4 one? The website didn't say. TP is an interesting choice for a Switch title. I'm still surprised that Saturday Morning RPG wasn't the first one out the gate. Still, I'm definitely intrigued.

Oct 27, 2017
But it technically IS more expensive than other releases by $5 regardless. Any game that was already sold by LRG on PS4 is going to be $5 more than the PS4 counterpart from the past. There's a baked-in cost of the cards that increase the prices of producing a Switch game physically that simply doesn't exist on PS4. I don't understand why non-Switch owners should have to pay the premium here.
I can understand were you are coming from, but price parity is the best way forward on this. Switch version being pricier is going to create a large amount of hate. LRG should sell all versions at the same price.

Oct 27, 2017
But then they would be screwing people buying a ps4 version.
I'd argue it would be more unfair for Switch stuff to cost more. I really want price parity. LRG maintained price parity with Vita and PS4 games, despite admitting that the Vita games were more costly to produce. I am glad they are maintaining price parity for Switch games. It would really put me off buying Switch games that cost more than their counterparts on other systems.

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. There's already an expectation that a Switch version will be more expensive. Dragging up the PS4 version with it feels bad.
Not all games on the Switch cost more than on other platforms, some publishers do it, some don't. It is most certainly not an "expectation". It upsets people, and it would drive away potential customers from Limited Run Games.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I'd argue it would be more unfair for Switch stuff to cost more. I really want price parity. LRG maintained price parity with Vita and PS4 games, despite admitting that the Vita games were more costly to produce. I am glad they are maintaining price parity for Switch games. It would really put me off buying Switch games that cost more than their counterparts on other systems.
I don´t think it would be unfair. If producing/distrbuting a Switch game is more expensive, then it's logic that said game will sold for a higher price. I think that raising the price of a ps4 game just so people won't complain is even more unfair.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Do we know if the Limited Edition Thimbleweed Park will be available through the LRG Store or FanGamer. I'm kinda confused about the wording there. Also, the limited edition will come with a normal sized Switch case inside that big box, right?

We don't know yet about the Limited Thimbleweed Park, but I tend to think it will be available on LRG's store. Otherwise it wouldn't even make sense to mention it.
To answer your second question : yes collectors editions always come with the game in a standard case inside the outter box, I think. Thimbleweed shouldn't be any exception.

probably doing it to stop switchbabies crying about the switchtax

Is that a real warning you got ? Damn, that's harsh :x

Like Frump said : it actually costs MORE on Switch, and so to hide the difference... they also increase the PS4 games price oO
The fact you didn't realize that is a sign that it works, unfortunately.

I find it very shady, like a few others here. I don't think it's a good business practice, and there's absolutely no point apart from preserving the ego of the Switch collectors who'll be very happy they don't have to pay a Nintendo Tax (except they will have to but it's hidden).

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'd argue it would be more unfair for Switch stuff to cost more. I really want price parity.

No, facts are not feelings, in spite of what today's America may choose to believe. And the facts are Switch carts are expensive as hell. More so than even Vita's. Forcing a price parity upwards because you want, because it makes you feel better at the cost of everyone else, while ignoring the facts, that is what I would call unfair.

I'm surprised LRG would even try to pull that up to appease a minor loud faction of their userbase.

Oct 27, 2017
I don´t think it would be unfair. If producing/distrbuting a Switch game is more expensive, then it's logic that said game will sold for a higher price. I think that raising the price of a ps4 game just so people won't complain is even more unfair.
So if that's the case...why are Vita games priced the same as PS4 games? They do cost more to make (LRG has mentioned this), and yet they are priced the same. If I understand what you are saying, you would like Vita games to be priced higher since they cost more to make.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
So if that's the case...why are Vita games priced the same as PS4 games? They do cost more to make (LRG has mentioned this), and yet they are priced the same. If I understand what you are saying, you would like Vita games to be priced higher since they cost more to make.
Perhaps Vita games aren't as expensive as Switch games??? I don't want to speculate about something I have no clue about. I'm just saying that they shouldn't raise the prices just to appease Switch owners.

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps Vita games aren't as expensive as Switch games??? I don't want to speculate about something I have no clue about. I'm just saying that they shouldn't raise the prices just to appease Switch owners.
I'm not saying Vita games cost as much as Switch games. But, how would you feel if Limited Run Games announced that, in the future, Vita games would be priced higher than PS4 games? You probably wouldn't like that would you?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Perhaps Vita games aren't as expensive as Switch games???

They aren't. Vita cards are more expensive than PS4 discs, yeah, but not enough that raising the prices is needed by the retailers -- and I mean all retailers, not just LRG. Switch on the other hand has been such a problem for retailers that they can't help but raise the prices, while meanwhile developers need to cut portions of their games to be downloaded separately (NBA, LA Noire) or resort to use absurd compression methods that hurt performance badly (Rayman Legends), all to reduce the cart production costs.