Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://x.com/LbabinzUS/status/1762090731781370065?s=20

Walmart PS5 - $40.07
www.walmart.com

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, PlayStation 5 - Walmart.com

Arrives by Thu, Feb 29 Buy Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, PlayStation 5 at Walmart.com

A good deal for anyone who might not be picking up anything else that's coming out soon (Just finished it myself). Took me about 64-70 Hours and I didn't even really touch 2 major side activities (Sujimon and Dondoki Island). Personally, I would still recommend at least playing 7 before IW but I won't tell you how to live your life.

Mostly just wanted to give the heads up as
1. It's a good deal
2. Might be the cheapest a "new" copy gets (At least on Xbox). As LaD: Ishin seemed to get only one printing on that platform. Unsure if this being mainline would have them treat it differently though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
BOMBA?

Great game btw. Story couldve been tightened up on level 3 a few times, but a ton of side content is great. Play all the arcade games.

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
why on earth is this goty-caliber game that's barely a month old already $30 off? wasn't it the fastest selling title in the franchise? i don't even think the mediocre ishin, a remake of a crusty dusty old spinoff, went on this steep of a sale this fast

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
why on earth is this goty-caliber game that's barely a month old already $30 off? wasn't it the fastest selling title in the franchise? i don't even think the mediocre ishin, a remake of a crusty dusty old spinoff, went on this steep of a sale this fast

honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if it was done to strike the iron while its hot, they can probably reach another sales milestone just before rebirth drops.

Sir Lucan

Dec 19, 2023
There's so much competition on the JRPG genre this year that it makes sense for them to try and get as much sales as possible in the first couple months.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
"Fastest selling" doesn't mean shit in this case- every other mainline game in the Yakuza series since the PS3 has had at least a 8 month delay between Japanese and English release, with many being longer (2+ years for Yakuza 0, for example). This is the first mainline game with a day and date release, so it would have been a massive bomb if it wasn't the Fastest selling

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
This is easily gonna be in my top 5 games for the year, so at this price, it's a must.
Incredible value considering the sheer volume of content packed into it.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The buzz for this is so good I might fold and skip right to 7 so I can play IW later this year… lots to consider after I knock out Rebirth 🤔

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
honestly, i wouldnt be surprised if it was done to strike the iron while its hot, they can probably reach another sales milestone just before rebirth drops.
this is an interesting approach, and i'll choose to believe it over the alternative idea that this game isn't doing very well out of the gate. no regrets paying full price (i doubt anyone who's playing the game does), so anyone on the fence should jump in on this deal asap

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

this is an interesting approach, and i'll choose to believe it over the alternative idea that this game isn't doing very well out of the gate. no regrets paying full price (i doubt anyone who's playing the game does), so anyone on the fence should jump in on this deal asap

giphy.gif

I think this is the case as well. It was the first game to come out and aside from FF7R, Sega also has Persona 3 and Unicorn this Quarter.
So makes sense to me to discount Yakuza as the fanbases for all of these are going to overlap somewhat. Get more people on the train as it's still hot.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I might bite when it hits that on digital. Probably won't be too long. I want that play anywhere access with PC and for my series s, too.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I wasn't getting Rebieth in a few days, I'd probably consider this. I've never played a Yakuza/Like a Dragon game, but this one seems to have a lot of hype around it.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I only JUST hit chapter 12 in Yakuza 7 last night so I've got some time to wait on getting this one since I'll need another break, plus FF7Rebirth this week. I expect it to hit Game Pass eventually though, so I'll probably wait it out a while for that unless it hits a very low price before.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Good price, people on the fence should dive in. I guess the fact its selling out shows there's enough interest there... Sega's probably doing some weird Sega move to sell a few more copies while interest is high fresh off its release...

At this rate it should over take 7's sales... plus they still have the digital price drop ace in the hole we'll see before the year is out.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I might just snatch this up and put Rebirth on hold. That's a crazy good deal.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Why the sudden price drop? I couldn't even pre-order it initially because it was sold out everywhere, so seeing this now is weird.

Nov 19, 2019
Why the sudden price drop? I couldn't even pre-order it initially because it was sold out everywhere, so seeing this now is weird.
My joke answer is that it's just RGG going through the motions.

"This is when we usually discount our games because we've maxed out our full-price sales, right?" *hits big red PRICE CUT button*

My understanding is that LaD 8 is selling just fine--better than any other LaD game yet. Couldn't say why they are discounting so soon.
The buzz for this is so good I might fold and skip right to 7 so I can play IW later this year… lots to consider after I knock out Rebirth 🤔
Do this. Longtime Yakuza fans sometimes have overly restrictive ideas of how to best engage with the series, but I think most of the games work just fine as a jump in point (and the other games still hold up even with knowledge gained from playing later games out of order).

This is especially true for Y7.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Do this. Longtime Yakuza fans sometimes have overly restrictive ideas of how to best engage with the series, but I think most of the games work just fine as a jump in point (and the other games still hold up even with knowledge gained from playing later games out of order).

This is especially true for Y7.
Yeah, logically I know I'll be just fine. It's just a personal hang-up I've got with these long running series… always wanna start from the beginning. But realistically there's nothing stopping me from going back to older entries once I've caught up with Ichiban's games. I'm coming around to it lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I feel funny for asking.

Is there a cabaret mini game?
Thankfully not. We have actual new mini games to engage with and the game is VASTLY better for it.

My joke answer is that it's just RGG going through the motions.

"This is when we usually discount our games because we've maxed out our full-price sales, right?" *hits big red PRICE CUT button*

My understanding is that LaD 8 is selling just fine--better than any other LaD game yet. Couldn't say why they are discounting so soon.
Its selling better than any other game in the series ever has. And that's (until now) at a higher price than the series has ever been. So the fact its already crossed the 1mil sales barrier probably means the game has either exceeded expectations, or at very least hit those expectations way faster.

Still no idea why its gone on sale so quick though, but the fact its selling out again... well as long as it all adds to the series longevity, I dont mind lol

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Tempting but with Rebirth coming out I'm going to be busy with that so I can wait. Plus Yakuza/LAD games get super cheap very quickly.

Did Gaiden ever get a physical release?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart says arriving today. Don't know how they are going to get it here so fast but I wonder who they ship with, hopefully it's not some ass company like lasership

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
This is such a wild deal so close to launch. Game is absolutely fantastic and absolutely worth full price.

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
m.youtube.com

La Bomba

Provided to YouTube by Music 4meLa Bomba · King Africa · F. Zambrana Marchetti · King AfricaLa Bomba℗ Modern Entertainment B.V.Released on: 2009-01-01Auto-ge...

/s