Lelouch or Suzaku

• Lelouch

Votes: 95 91.3%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Lelouch and Suzaku are the two main characters of Code Geass. Between the two of them in terms of their character, role in the story, moments etc who do you like more.

Lelouch:

latest

Suzaku:

7982910-f0fcb2b87969d095e62fb3949a984de1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

5bdf95f8bf87ca12d736497203e17eae.jpg

e5d09768be13a09a8a6ebbee48167ffc.jpg

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Suzaku is a hypocritical piece of shit that only kind of redeemed himself in the final part of R2.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Suzaku sucks if you put remotely any thought into his character

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
How is this even a question? The only good thing about Suzaku are the memes

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I've seen more people talk about Code Geass on here in the past 12 months than anywhere else on the internet in the past 12 years. What is happening?

Anyway, Lelouch was the more interesting character by far.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Suzaku makes for a good point of contrast for Lelouch but he kinda sucks on his own. Lelouch on the other hand carries any scene hes in through a black hole like gravity of melodramatic ham.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Spinzaku was a great character. But lelouch was an all time scene chewer.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Suzaku is the king of quislings and hypocrites soo......
Lelouch for all his faults is a good person at his core

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I'm going to guess the person who voted for Suzaku did it either by mistake or as a protest for even asking the question.

I've seen more people talk about Code Geass on here in the past 12 months than anywhere else on the internet in the past 12 years. What is happening?

Anyway, Lelouch was the more interesting character by far.

History will remember Code Geass as one of the all time GOAT anime.

While it may recede, it's never truly gone from the zeitgeist.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
They're both very attractive and fun in their own ways. If I were more gay, I'd think I'd definitely lean towards lelouch more, because who doesn't want to fall in love with a crazy person, atleast a little, right? Though Suzaku is obviously the more 'normal' protagonist. But I personally crushed on C.C. moreso when watching the show as a teenager. Now, that's unusual, since I was more of a Tsundere favoring teenager, and Kallen was also really great, if anything I'd probably like her moreso now as an adult for meeting oppression with incredible violence, it's great stuff. Honestly, thinking about it, if this was a more action oriented show, Kallen could be considered a protagonist in her own right just because she's one of the strongest fighters, but she's also basically operating under Lelouch's command. Meanwhile, it feels like CC would be more fun to chill with, she just kind of sits back and watches the chaos unfold while eating pizza. I mean, that is kind of the audience's role in the show, we're just watching it, right? She's most relatable in that way. She'd be the best girl to chill with.

Though Euphenia may be the actual best of both worlds, in that she is a chill person, but also gets politics done through kindness and compassion. Lelouch frames her as 'beating' him and was about to bring about peace before the thing happened. She might actually be best character, which is why the only way to stop her from ending the show before season 2 is to force the most contrived Diabolos ex Machina in fiction.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
They're both very attractive and fun in their own ways. If I were more gay, I'd think I'd definitely lean towards lelouch more, because who doesn't want to fall in love with a crazy person, atleast a little, right? Though Suzaku is obviously the more 'normal' protagonist. But I personally crushed on C.C. moreso when watching the show as a teenager. Now, that's unusual, since I was more of a Tsundere favoring teenager, and Kallen was also really great, if anything I'd probably like her moreso now as an adult for meeting oppression with incredible violence, it's great stuff. Honestly, thinking about it, if this was a more action oriented show, Kallen could be considered a protagonist in her own right just because she's one of the strongest fighters, but she's also basically operating under Lelouch's command. Meanwhile, it feels like CC would be more fun to chill with, she just kind of sits back and watches the chaos unfold while eating pizza. I mean, that is kind of the audience's role in the show, we're just watching it, right? She's most relatable in that way. She'd be the best girl to chill with.

Though Euphenia may be the actual best of both worlds, in that she is a chill person, but also gets politics done through kindness and compassion. Lelouch frames her as 'beating' him and was about to bring about peace before the thing happened. She might actually be best character, which is why the only way to stop her from ending the show before season 2 is to force the most contrived Diabolos ex Machina in fiction.

This isn't a waifu discussion.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Suzaku is a dirty quisling that we first meet when he's part of a roving death squad and it only gets worse from there

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I think I despise nearly everything about Suzaku.
I don't even get why the plot focus on him so much.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Lelouch is the more charismatic and engaging character, of course, but he has a good dynamic with Suzaku. Which means they need each other.

As a matter of fact, Suzaku being so easy to hate by the audience is part of the equation. He's meant to play a rather particular role as a regular foil who stands in Lelouch's way, naturally enough, and the guy himself has fundamental contradictions that can make for interesting contrasts or comparisons.

Suzaku represents the preachy mecha-piloting teen hero that you can find in several other shows (including but not limited to Gundam SEED), yet this time around the focus of the camera isn't supposed to be on his side...and, well, his true intentions are more self-centered than they appear to be on the surface. Which is going to inevitably conflict with his external presentation as a hero. In short, he's a very messed up individual. That's basically the gist of it, although there's more you could analyze if we were to discuss the details and spoilers.

Last edited:

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at that picture of them fighting in the grass in the OP, someone get my boy LuLu a sandwich, quick!

Suzaku is the worst. He had to be written to be such a unreasonably stupid naive hypocrite jackass in order for the story to work

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Suzaku is a hypocritical piece of shit that only kind of redeemed himself in the final part of R2.
Yep, he sold out his country and betrayed almost everyone who ever put trust in him. Suzaku is a piece of shit.

Lelouch is an anti-social dick but on a personal level he has some integrity.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The two pieces of CLAMP art sandwiched between the anime style in the OP really highlights how much better their designs work when drawn by themselves. It's such a shame they haven't really done much in the past decade or so.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Lelouch is the more charismatic and engaging character, of course, but he has a good dynamic with Suzaku. Which means they need each other.

As a matter of fact, Suzaku being so easy to hate by the audience is part of the equation. He's meant to play a rather particular role as a regular foil who stands in Lelouch's way, naturally enough, and the guy himself has fundamental contradictions that can make for interesting contrasts or comparisons.

Suzaku represents the preachy mecha-piloting teen hero that you can find in several other shows (including but not limited to Gundam SEED), yet this time around the focus of the camera isn't supposed to be on his side...and, well, his true intentions are more self-centered than they appear to be on the surface. Which is going to inevitably conflict with his external presentation as a hero. In short, he's a very messed up individual. That's basically the gist of it, although there's more you could analyze if we were to discuss the details and spoilers.

You finally helped me understand the point of Suzaku. I don't watch mecha anime, but I knew he was supposed to be Lelouch's foil. The added context there explains so much about why he is the way he is