Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSDD_C06gtY

Was announced in today's LEGO Mario stream. Basically just its existence but showed the base of a build for the standard kart
vkLdqSw.png

Also showed some builds including Bowser's Train from 3D World

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
I keep forgetting these are actual Lego sets and not games, did the same thing with Lego Animal Crossing as well

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
‪My gut's telling me that this will be timed with Mario Kart 10 (Nintendo apparently sees Tour as 9) for the Switch 2 next year.‬

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Oh they're kits. I thought this was the weirdest Mario Kart sequel idea I'd ever seen when I saw the twitter teaser trailer lmao

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they make a set of the B-Dasher the generic kart is really boring.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I'm not saying Nintendo should run a "we'll put your Lego course in the game" contest but I would like if they did...

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
‪My gut's telling me that this will be timed with Mario Kart 10 (Nintendo apparently sees Tour as 9) for the Switch 2 next year.‬
I doubt it.

Whenever things like this get announced, people seem to think there's going to be X or Y Nintendo primary software tie in. And then it passes and there wasn't

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Mario Kart LEGO + Mario Kart X on Switch 2 in 2025 is gonna happen, right?

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I wish the thread title and/or OP made it more clear this is physical LEGO, not a new video game 😬

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK

Nah. Lego video game stuff rarely ties into actual game release timings, and it hasn't been the case for Nintendo sets at all AFAIK. I mean, I imagine there will be a new MK sometime next year but they probably won't push for this set to be the same day or anything.

Also, Nintendo's internal documents can say whatever but I would be amazed if they tried to come out and say "Tour was 9" now that it's basically going on maintenance mode. Gotta think they either brush it off as a side thing or just stop numbering Mario Karts altogether.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
For some reason I thought Lego was done with Mario sets. Guess I was wrong.
Bowser train looks awesome.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
I too thought this was gonna be a Lego videogame. I don't care about those Lego sets >:(

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If they are going to keep using those same Mario figures with the Kart I'd have to think they have a "sitting" piece because otherwise I think it would look pretty weird just standing there.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Kinda wish they would move away from the unique Mario figures and give us some proper LEGO people Mario sets for this.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hope this means they're giving us actual Mario minifgs.
I enjoy some of the current Mario sets but it's not quite what I want out of the line.

Feb 14, 2024
Definitely needed to indicate in the title that this is not a video game but an actual Lego set.

Reminder that Lego Star Wars, Lego Rock Band, etc exist as games.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I wouldn't expect any relationship between Nintendo merchandise and Nintendo software. The Animal Crossing LEGO came out recently and did not come with any game.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Speed Champions is quite popular, so I'm not surprised that Nintendo wants their own vehicle sub-theme to get into that market.

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
Nintendo is sometimes strange. People were convinced the Mario movie would be timed with something, anything, Mario related, but it ended up not being, so we'll see

Nintendo absolutely took advantage of the Mario Movie lol. They announced Wonder, SMRPG, TTYD, LM2 HD, Mario vs DK, and Peach Showtime in the same calendar year

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo absolutely took advantage of the Mario Movie lol. They announced Wonder, SMRPG, TTYD, LM2 HD, Mario vs DK, and Peach Showtime in the same calendar year
Giving them a calendar year is being pretty generous with "taking advantage of". Mario movie came out in April and SMRPG and Wonder were announced in June, with the rest announced in September. I guess I'll give you the June Direct announcements as that was only 2 months

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
Giving them a calendar year is being pretty generous with "taking advantage of". Mario movie came out in April and SMRPG and Wonder were announced in June, with the rest announced in September. I guess I'll give you the June Direct announcements as that was only 2 months

As per Furukawa's own words:

In terms of the impact on our business, in the short term, the revenues from the box office and secondary uses of the movie will be reported as sales in the current fiscal year (ending March 2024). But what is more important is that the movie inspires interest in Mario games and has a positive effect on sales of Nintendo Switch hardware and software over the medium to long term.

They expected that the movie's impact on software would be greater in the medium to long term. I would classify all of the aforementioned titles as Nintendo taking advantage of the movie's influence.

Ry.

AVALANCHE
Oct 10, 2021
the planet Zebes

Not at all, especially with streaming services. And little kids watch movies over and over. The marketing tie ins for Disney/pixar films go on for years after the release of one of their films.

LumberPanda

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Dumping everything into the same timeframe as the launch of the movie is a huge waste of money.

"Hey, why don't we just put all of our marketing budget specifically into overshadowing our own news cycles?!"

Other than for toys/merch ready to go at the exact same time as the movie, spacing it out is how you actually capitalize.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Lego Super Mario must be a pretty successful line, the way they keep cranking out new sets and expanding it. The sets don't do much for me personally but I'm happy to see them coming up with a winning formula kids like, and the digital figures are really clever.