Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/press-releases/legion-go-gaming-handheld-device-and-accessories/

Lenovo Legion Go
Dimensions (L x W x H)Base Module:
(mm): 210mm x 131mm x 20mm
(inches): 8.27″ x 5.15″ x 0.79"Base Module w/ Controllers Attached:
(mm): 299mm x 131mm x 41mm
(inches): 11.8" x 5.15" x 1.61"
WeightControllers Detached:
640g (1.41lbs)Controllers Attached:
854g (1.88lbs)
ColorShadow Black
Display88.8" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) IPS; 16:10 10-point Touch (144Hz / 97% DCI-P3 / 500nits / 83%AAR
TouchpadMulti-finger
Processor8Up to AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme with AMD RDNA Graphics
Memory16GB 7500Mhz LPDDR5X on board
Storage1,8256GB / 512GB / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 22428
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home
Battery2-cell 49.2WHr
Super Rapid Charge2
Controller battery capacity: 900mah2
Power AdapterUSB Type-C, 65W AC adapter
Output: 20V DC, 3.25A, 65W
Input: 100~240V AC 50/60 universal
PortsTop
– 3.5mm audio combo jack
– 1 x USB Type-C (USB 4.0, DisplayPort™ 1.4, Power Delivery 3.0)
– 1 x microSD card reader Bottom
– 1x USB Type-C (USB 4.0, DisplayPort 1.4, Power Delivery 3.0)
Control and InputGamepad Controls

• Legion L/R
  • ABXY buttons
  • D-pad
  • L & R hall effect joysticks
  • L & R bumpers
  • L & R analog triggers
  • Legion L & R buttons
  • View button (L)
  • Menu button (L)
  • Trackpad (R)
  • 6 x assignable grip buttons
  • 1 x mouse wheel (R)
  • 1x mouse sensor (R)
  • 2 x controllers release buttons
Haptics: HD haptics
Gyro: 6-Axis IMU
Audio2 x 2W Speakers
Dual-array near-field microphone
Connectivity2 x 2 Wi-Fi 6E (802.11 ax)3
Starting from Bluetooth® 5.2
SoftwareLegion Space
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – Complimentary 3-month membership4,5

Lenovo also confirmed the console will come with Hall Effect joysticks, eliminating drift and dead zones

Legion-Go-Hero-Controls-and-Ports-Map_Back-scaled.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLD-dg1C_XU

Last edited:

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Loving the onslaught of handhelds, it's the best way to push them forward. I wonder if we'll be able to get something like a 1080p 120hz vrr oled screen with a good battery, performance and on the light side of possible, I know a lot of those things can't all good.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
This could have been cheaper if they didn't do the detachable controllers, or the pointlessly high res + high refresh rate screen...

Lots of people who buy this are going to be disappointed when their favourite games run at 15fps thanks to 1600p

But hey, with the Steam Deck's habit of corrupting SD cards, and the Ally's habit of straight up KILLING SD cards, maybe this will be the first one to not have widespread issues

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Loving the onslaught of handhelds, it's the best way to push them forward. I wonder if we'll be able to get something like a 1080p 120hz vrr oled screen with a good battery, performance and on the light side of possible, I know a lot of those things can't all good.
Exactly!! I'll probably stick with the Deck brand but the more competition out there, the better for consumers. You know Valve is taking notes.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
no VRR?
the resolution is too high for mobile gaming even with huge screen

Oct 25, 2017
Detachable controllers on a PC handheld do present a unique opportunity. Could sell a hardware refresh compatible with the same controllers as just the core unit for a discounted price. That being said this one looks too large and the controllers would dictate the same form factor going forward

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Man, that thing is HUGE. But outside of that, the 16GB memory, and the use of 2242 nvme size, this device looks great.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The self realization that I'm way too poor for these devices lol That said, really like the look of it and the joycons look great. Interested to see how it does after the ROG Ally

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the look of this one

Definitely see myself biting on one of these in the next year or so

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I don't care about a big screen, just want a long battery life...

It'll live or die by the os customization.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
What a waste with that resolution. Had they used a lower resolution panel they might have managed an OLED.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Not a fan of these devices getting bigger. Still should be interesting to see how this device performs when it comes out.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Resolution is great for the sceen size, even if you have to run games at 720p, 2x perfect pixel scaling. 720p to 1080p is noy great like many of the handled pc

Becks'

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I don't like the resolution, the battery life for demanding games is going to be similar to ROG Ally.

The more competition in this market, the better. It gives more opportunity for Valve to improve the Deck for the next generation.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
Curious to see how this one shapes up. I like a bigger screen and the higher resolution might seem like overkill, but it does scale perfectly to a much more portable PC friendly resolution of 1280x800. I'm doing so much remote play on these devices, so I like the flexibility of being able to crank the resolution of the stream. Mixed feelings about 16:10, it's nice for retro stuff, but I probably still would rather 16:9 if the screens aren't going to be OLED. I could see a world where I try to flip my ROG Ally for this if it reviews well.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be the one for me, definitely in the market for a PC portable. Also keen to wait until Valve refreshes the Deck, though.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Unless that device comes in big size that allows big battery, it seems we are far away for this specific combo becoming reality. There hasn't been any big leaps in battery tech in long time. Maybe if CPU/GPU is exceptionally power efficient yet powerful so that its battery usage can be diverted to screen.

Copilot

Jun 27, 2023
1.88 lbs? Z1 Extreme? No thanks.
Is there anything better than Z1 Extreme for mobile?

Detachable controllers on a PC handheld do present a unique opportunity. Could sell a hardware refresh compatible with the same controllers as just the core unit for a discounted price. That being said this one looks too large and the controllers would dictate the same form factor going forward

Very neat Idea!

NTMBK

May 22, 2023
I don't get the complaints about 1600p? Just play at 800p with integer scaling.

1600p means that you can detach the controllers and use it as a 9" tablet. That's a good size for watching Netflix etc. Also means that UI elements etc don't look like trash in Windows and Steam, and you can play older less demanding games at higher resolution.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I like the size and always liked detachable/separate controllers for each hand since my lttp Wii. It's also very heavy but doesn't matter as long as used detached so it's all right.
But it's way too high resolution, that definitely got out of hand. 1080p120 vrr seemed perfect and the way to go but here they have 16:10 higher resolution than my 32 inch work monitor and don't mention vrr, what the hell?
Also it's the same apu as the rog ally, right? Because no game will run at that resolution native, maybe not even 2d scrollers lol. Such a wasted opportunity, little detail that destroys all. 1080 to that resolution doesn't seem like it will scale well?
For the rest it still looks pretty good imo, let's see when it launches, and how it reviews and how many problems and faults it has and how is customer support.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

1600p means that you can detach the controllers and use it as a 9" tablet. That's a good size for watching Netflix etc. Also means that UI elements etc don't look like trash in Windows and Steam, and you can play older less demanding games at higher resolution.

Exactly. The resolution makes a lot of sense for both gaming and media. It scales perfectly from 800p for games and it will look great for movies. The only question is how it will impact battery life, otherwise it is a well though out choice.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I thought Nintendo had the detachable controllers patented.
The screen looks huge in the ad, but not in a good way.
Still love the wave of new devices in this space!

ictoa

Apr 16, 2022
It looks quite chonky and the detachable controllers seems interesting, I wonder if they Bluetooth or 2.4GHz wireless. I like how small the bezels are.

Would like to see more competition closer to the Deck's price point, even though I know how difficult that would be.

I really hope Valve makes a Windows based Deck variant one day. Compatibility issues are the Deck's biggest problem.
Ain't going to happen, there's a reason they're spending a lot of engineering time on Proton and SteamOS. You can install Windows yourself if you need it.

The concern is what expectations the specs of the display advertises about the device versus the reality of what the device is actually capable of and not forgetting that this is a portable device, over spec'ing is going to chew through the battery which will reduce the portability aspect.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Valve makes a Windows based Deck variant one day. Compatibility issues are the Deck's biggest problem.

I think what's way more likely to happen is that there will enough of these types of units out in the wild that it will be worth Microsofts time making Windows work better around it's features or have a custom version.

Then it will just become the norm to make your deck dual boot as soon as you get it.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

If it was OLED, I'd buy that just for the tablet capabilities.