Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
For me, Romita Sr's Spider-Man is THE iconic representation of the character. RIP

lf

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Noooo.

Ugh. Devastating. An all time great. Thank you for being such a big part of my childhood. Thank you.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Such a massive legend.

His version of Spider-man was everywhere, too. Merch, ads, t-shirts. Chances are, if you see vintage Spider-man swag from the Silver Age it will be him and not Ditko or the artists after him.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
We need his Son to be able to live up to his legacy.
For all Spider-Fans everywhere.

Like all other iconic Marvel artists out there, he'll be missed.
He truly defined the look of everything to do with my favorite Superhero, Spider-Man.
And he'll be forever respected, and treasured for it.
Exactly as Stan Lee and Steve Ditko have.

I'll truly miss him on this dear earth just as I did when Stan Lee passed.

Now Marvel Comics Editorial, TREAT PETER RIGHT FOR ONCE.
John Romita Sr.'s son doesn't deserve to be saddled with arting for the writer of one of the worst ASM Runs rn.

The Romita legacy with Marvel's Posterboy deserves to go on in a respectful manner. Not like this where it involves keeping Peter and MJ Apart.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

He truly defined the look of everything to do with my favorite Superhero, Spider-Man.

John Romita Sr.'s son doesn't deserve to be saddled with arting for the writer of one of the worst ASM Runs rn.

The Romita legacy with Marvel's Posterboy deserves to go on in a respectful manner. Not like this where it involves keeping Peter and MJ Apart.
His son doesn't need to live up to his legacy because Romita Jr has his own legacy. JRJR is less round than JRSR, but when the man hits, he hits almost as hard.

When I think of Spider-Man, I think of Jr, not Sr, and largely because of these two pieces:

lf
FoEKdXpXwAg011s

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Not much more to say. He was a tremendous talent, whose work became the defining style for one of the most iconic characters of the 20th century. Thank you for your service, Sr.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Absolute legend.

I mean, John Romita Jr. also rules? Especially on stuff like Eternals:
YG227v_bdUi4X632kJDYv8JAti4eZsxVgDcUZeAscvQMJe6g83J1kpJz8j5yJks256NH_Q6ieALkxw=s0

IMG_09A7AB01DB90_1.0.jpeg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
John Romita, Sr. was also Marvel's Art Director throughout the 1970s and 1980s. He helped design a lot of major characters outside of Spider-Man's world like The Punisher (who made his debut in an issue of Amazing Spider-Man), Wolverine, Luke Cage, Bullseye, Tigra, and Brother Voodoo (later Doctor Voodoo).

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
An absolute legend.

R.I.P.

I don't really think this is the appropriate thread for that stuff.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Legend almost doesn't feel like enough to describe how important he was to American comics. Co created many iconic characters, and had a style that defined decades of books.
His Spidey is still the template others chase.

RIP

DJConvoy

Jan 8, 2021

The death of John Romita is NOT the time for you to go on about your hurt feelings about the current Spider-Man book. Gross.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
RIP. One of my favorite comic book artists, and super nice the two times I met him.