Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Even though we've had multiple comics focusing on the Mutants since Hickman reinvented the mutants in 2019, there never was a official team until now.
But Marvel have finally a nnounced who will show up in the team when they have their debut this summer in the Hellfire gala.

The members are:
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Wolverine (Laura Kinney)
Rogue
Polaris (voted on by fans)
Synch
Sunfire

I'm ready for some Wolverine/Synch drama!

X-MEN #1
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art and Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
Colors by MARTE GRACIA
Stormbreakers Variant Covers BY JUANN CABAL, CARMEN CARNERO, PEACH MOMOKO, IBAN COELLO, RB SILVA, NATACHA BUSTOS, PATRICK GLEASON, & JOSHUA CASSARA with colors by ALEJANDRO SANCHEZ
On Sale 7/7
The current era of X-Men has evolved mutant storytelling like never before. No longer protecting a world that hates and fears them, the X-Men said goodbye to their dream of coexistence and founded a thriving mutant homeland. But in the aftermath of X of Swords, original X-Men Cyclops and Marvel Girl realized that the world needed its premiere team of mutant super heroes. Things might be complicated between the nation of Krakoa and the rest of the Marvel Universe, but to the X-Men, things are simple—you do what's right, you protect those who need protecting and you save the world we all share. This new team are the chosen champions of mutantkind, and they're up for any battle to protect their people and their home planet.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
This seems cool, but didn't they just reboot X-Men recently? It seems weird they're already going back to #1 again.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Rogue, Jean, Polaris, and X-23 are four of my favorite x characters so I'm in.

add Kitty and we're solid.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
With Synch there, that is a hell of a stacked team

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is exciting, but I kind of liked the main X Men book being a sort of anthology

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This seems cool, but didn't they just reboot X-Men recently? It seems weird they're already going back to #1 again.

Not unusual in comics to reset the numbering these days. It's mostly a tactic to try and onboard new readers or bring back lapsed ones, as it's meant to signal a good jump on point in the story.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
My weekly reminder to get up to speed. I'm still in the the events for Swords of X. So much to digest.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has Hickmans 2019 reboot series been collected in a trade yet?

I think I may jump on if they make it easy for me.

Derenden

Oct 30, 2017
A little out of the loop, but that Marvel Girl is the Jean Grey from the past, right?
What happened with the whole time-displaced xmen team thing?

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Who the heck is Marvel Girl? In this universe, we now have Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, and Marvel Girl? That just feels like a lot.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Side note why is Jean back in her Marvel Girl costume, they always keep trying to put her back into it.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
A little out of the loop, but that Marvel Girl is the Jean Grey from the past, right?
What happened with the whole time-displaced xmen team thing?
No, she's adult Jean Grey (though I think she now has her memories from her past self's time in the present). As far as I know, all those time-displaced X-Men were sent back to the past.

Jean Grey is alive again because Krakoa has a system to resurrect mutants. Mutants are now effectively immortal: if they die, they get regenerated into pods on Krakoa with their memories (so long as the people leading the process want that mutant resurrected). Of course, there's no way that system will stay in place over the next few years. Something is bound to eventually happen that throws everything into disarray.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you start shipping

But i like the idea
Already happened. It's awesome.
X-Men-Synch-Wolverine-2.jpg

I'm so happy Synch has made the big time. If only Chamber were on the team too.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Has Logan flipped off the island cult and gone out on his own yet? Because that needs to happen.

And, he needs to take Gabby with him.

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
She's alive again (meaning rejoined the canon) because of Phoenix bullshit iirc. She was reincarnated as a waitress in a diner then got her memories back.
Oh damn, I guess I missed some of the steps. I had always assumed the Hickman X-men new status quo/reboot was just used to bring her back.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
And I was not informed? Messi you failed me again. I need issue numbers
I don't know how behind you are but last year Xavier had Synch, Darwin and Laura sneak into the Vault to get recon info on The Children.

The last 2 issues, 18 and 19 show what happened when they were in The Vault and who made it out alive.

Tabs2002

Feb 1, 2018
Jean came back in Phoenix Resurrection. She had a break up with the phoenix. It was a terrible story.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that is a hot team damn. I really need to read this Hickman era man.

Fucking tablet is broken tho :(

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When did synch come back to life? So His death and his sacrifice has zero importance now. Lol

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised how good this is after everyone said they were voting for Marrow (why?).

I'm bummed Hickman is no longer writing the mainline title. I really enjoyed the last issue with the Synch and Laura in the vault.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised how good this is after everyone said they were voting for Marrow (why?).

I'm bummed Hickman is no longer writing the mainline title. I really enjoyed the last issue with the Synch and Laura in the vault.
Hickman's going to be writing a new X book which is probably Uncanny X-Men.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Gerry Duggan is moving up to the main X-Men book? Good for him, Marauders and Cable are fucking great. I know the latter is ending but hope this doesn't mean he's dropping Marauders too.

confirmed to be doing an unannounced book. I'm thinking it's the Moira book that he talked about that nobody has made yet.
oh shit, finally.