Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
wait, so we play it in a frame? Can we not do a fullscreen scaled and have black bars on the side instead?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious on why they are promoting so much the difficulty of the platinum, like, I have rarely seen devs touting so much about it. And besides that, both games are not exactly that hard, so who knows what kind of requirements they are asking for the platinum.

My only gripe so far is that the backgrounds are way too big, like I'm almost sure that they are using as much space as the game

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
When they say 4K/1080 upscaling do they mean widescreen support or 4:3 stretching/with frames?

Oct 28, 2017
Just curious, other than the bundling of the 2 games together, why is everyone on the "this is a PSP" port train, when this doesn't even appear to include the 3D Rondo remake (which was the main course of the PSP set), and porting only the 2D games from their PSP versions makes little sense? Was there something said by an exec that lead people to the "this is a PSP emulation like Parappa" assumption?

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
Simple ports don't exist, people should know that.
Every little change can break the game.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
is rondo the 3D version or the normal one?
which do you guys prefer? i was gonna ask in the other thread, but it got closed.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
off Topic: I really hope Konami will pull of a Turnaround like Capcom.

I want a Silent Hill Remake in the same quality as Resident Evil 2 Remake
New Suikoden games or Remakes
Put MGS on Switch
Stuff like that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Just curious, other than the bundling of the 2 games together, why is everyone on the "this is a PSP" port train, when this doesn't even appear to include the 3D Rondo remake (which was the main course of the PSP set), and porting only the 2D games from their PSP versions makes little sense? Was there something said by an exec that lead people to the "this is a PSP emulation like Parappa" assumption?
The borders and translation appear to be from the PSP version.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I HOPE there is an option for the PSP dub and script

The original was tragique all around x_x

Yeah, I'm sorry I get people might be nostalgic towards the original script, but the new one's just better.

Also, we've had plenty of fine og SotN releases. Right now the PSP translation is PSP-only, and the scaling is off so the pixels look rather bad. It's the version that needs a release the most.

OP
OP
AlexxKidd

AlexxKidd

Banned
May 23, 2018

I think people have made this assumption through the text font used and translation wording they've seen in screen shots. I don't know if it's ever been officially confirmed, correct me if I'm wrong.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
It's weird that they claim to have 1080P or 4K scaling but keep the game confined to a square that takes as much as half the screen.
I believe that the claim would only be valid if we got full screen with at least black bars.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is rondo the 3D version or the normal one?
which do you guys prefer? i was gonna ask in the other thread, but it got closed.

It's the original 2D PCE game, which most people preferred. I actually liked the 3D version except for the halved frame rate, but the simple polygonal models would look terrible blown up on an 4K/HD display.

Nov 9, 2017
wait, so we play it in a frame? Can we not do a fullscreen scaled and have black bars on the side instead?

I have seen several other games show screenshots like that with the borders to show them off. The final product still had the ability to eliminate the horizontal black bars. Hopefully that is the case here. I would def prefer to play in 4:3 zoomed without the horizontal black bars.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that the claim to have 1080P or 4K scaling but keep the game confined to a square that takes as much as half the screen.
I believe that the claim would only be valid if we got full screen with at least black bars.

The claim is valid though.
It means the console is outputing the the i at 1080p or 4k which means no additionnal scaling from the TV, which means it wont be blurred and you'll get perfect scaling.