• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
DCyTLSaVwAAgPei.jpg

Announced at Kinda Funny Live 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYe8ncAkpwM

While their podcast P.S. I Love YOU XOXO is no more, a new show Kinda Funny Games Daily is filmed live (after the Kinda Funny Morning Show, formerly Colin & Greg Live) and goes in-depth on daily games news, releases, and listener questions for approximately an hour each and every weekday.

Alongside Greg Miller is a rotating second chair which includes, as regulars:
  • Andrea Rene
  • Danny O'Dwyer <— (Note: Danny moved to Maryland and is no longer on the show regularly)
  • Gary Whitta <— (Added 11.01.17)
  • Jared Petty <— (Just added 02.19.18)
  • Tim Gettys
  • Andy Cortez
  • Other guests like Anthony Carboni, Fran Mirabella, and more...

The show discusses PlayStation, and other platforms as well.

(and to be clear Andrea is still part of her new venture What's Good Games, and Danny is still doing NOCLIP)

Updates 10.25.17:

Watch it live (Monday through Friday roughly at 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT) here:
http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames

Catch all 87 episodes and counting here (or podcast services around the globe):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnHGJtdyAOg&list=PLy3mMHt2i7RIl9pkdvrA98kN-RD4yoRhv

Submit questions / segments for the next show here:
http://www.kindafunny.com/kfgd

Submit corrections for the show if you are watching it live here:
http://www.kindafunny.com/yourewrong

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This podcast is great. High quality content on a daily basis, perfect for my commute home from work. It probably takes a hell of a lot to do day in and day out so I definitely appreciate all the hard work they put in.

I think KF is at its best at the moment.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I believe MattyG who made Kinda Funny Gaf OT is a member.
Oh, good. I was asked my Mezoly if I'd create the thread. I don't have the time, nor would I want to just copy/past MattyG's thread (despite it not being anywhere near being up to date). If he's up to a doing fresh start thread, I think he should be the one to do it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they've really hit their groove again after losing Colin earlier this year. Definitely took some time, but I think their content is better than ever nowadays.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KFGD is good. Was skeptical on them being able to deliver something on the PS I Love You every single weekday but they nailed it.

A BAKER'S DOZEN!

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love it. Greg is a fantastic host. Glad KF found their feet again after Colon left.

Edit: haha a fortuitous mistake

Last edited:

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. Just wish Greg doesn't read news verbatim. A headline/quick summary followed by discussion would be better. It's fine if they want to use a particular quote to stress a point

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
KFGD is legit. Sad to see Danny O Dwyer go. Andrea does a really good job going toe to toe with Greg.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
KFGD is legit. Sad to see Danny O Dwyer go. Andrea does a really good job going toe to toe with Greg.

True, but it's so much fun seeing him post about things in Maryland. He lives a few towns away from me. It's kind of weird seeing him talk about places I go to, like the Wegmans he posted pictures from.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Andy Cortez has been a great addition. The content had gotten stale towards the end of the Colin days, and was outright bad right when he left but they've turned it around. The Daily podcast definitely helps keep the podcast fresh.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Andy Cortez has been a great addition. The content had gotten stale towards the end of the Colin days, and was outright bad right when he left but they've turned it around. The Daily podcast definitely helps keep the podcast fresh.
Yup. And he's super talented. The opening to KFMS yesterday(?) was really fun with him strumming on his guitar (and Greg's crazy dance moves).

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Listen to these at the gym. For the most part they've been great.

Legitmcfalls

Oct 25, 2017
Waterloo Ontario
On the kfgd show yesterday Andrea mentioned that gaf wasnt so friendly to her. But this is a new Era, if your reading this Andrea your always welcome here to talk games with us!

Id love to spread the positive vibes of the new site to the people who had negative experiences with gaf.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the kfgd show yesterday Andrea mentioned that gaf wasnt so friendly to her. But this is a new Era, if your reading this Andrea your always welcome here to talk games with us!

Id love to spread the positive vibes of the new site to the people who had negative experiences with gaf.

Agreed! This isn't the old forum. I really hope the KF folks find nothing but love & respect here, because it's what they deserve.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm with you. The last thing we want to exude is negativity. Leave that shit buried in The Old Country.

mr_chun

Oct 25, 2017
Dawg Country
This is the only Kinda Funny show that I'm still into after Colin's departure. It's reaaaally close to scratching that Beyond/PSILY itch. Andrea is great.

Rodego

Oct 25, 2017
KFGD is my favorite gaming show. I usually catch it live on Twitch but love the podcast feed in case I can't. All the hosts are great, but I especially like Greg and Andrea's episodes together.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I love the show, KF is doing great right now. Andy is cool and I hope Whitta becomes a regular. It seems like Andrea wasn't very fond of gaf, which I understand, she probably had to deal with some rude posts, but otherwise I like how they covered the whole affair.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
This show is sooooo good. I listen every single day no matter how busy I am.

I really think they might be leaning on bringing Whitta in as a regular to replace Danny. He fits in super well!

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree with you, but I also think that we can critizise them.. They aren't almighty gods :-p

I didn't say anything about not being able to criticize them. You can treat someone with love and respect and still offer constructive criticism.

Last edited:

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm 50-50 on Gary joining. I've loved him outside of KFGD, but his few appearances have mostly been him feeding into the hysteria of single-player games dying, which gets old pretty quickly. If I'm going to have to listen to him rant about micro-transactions, loot boxes and games as a service every time he's on then I'll probably be skipping his episodes. I'm sick to death of hearing that discussion already.

I 100% agree that the content has improved out of sight since Colin left. His attitude was bringing their product down and it's so much more enjoyable to listen to now. People argued that they needed his "cynicism" but I think Greg, Tim, Andy, Andrea and Danny all proved that they can be critical without making the show unenjoyable. Also seems like a good thing for their company in general, seeing the incredibly disgusting things he regularly tweets out these days.

Side note: does anybody else keep track of the game's Greg says he'll get back to eventually? I ALWAYS do this because 90% of the time he never goes back at all. I love it when people bust his balls over things like Persona 5 because it's so damn funny. I'm banking on Assassin's Creed: Origins being one of these games too.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I really like this format for them. Daily news is a great hour long show to digest. I wish Easy Allies would look into doing something similar.

Mark Freeman

Oct 31, 2017
Kent, UK
So happy for Gary to join one day a week, expected 2 days like Danny was meant to do would be a bit much, also love the fact he hung around all day as was getting shit on the gamescast pre show for holding up the guest. Love that there will be a european voice, Danny used to add so much that they guys didn't know/like etc. Also could be a big help to KF to bring in more people what with press releases and Gary's different following kind of wished they had him on the morning show on Weds too. Anyway welcome Gary look forward to Whitta Wednesdays

Akalance

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
When they announced the change I thought it sounded terrible. Why are they splitting my favorite daily pod into 2? Well, now I have 2 favorite daily pods. Shows what I know.

It was sad to see Danny go but it was fun to have him the time they did. The addition of steady Whitta kind of makes up for it.

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love this podcast. A daily dose of old school beyond for all games. I drag myself to the gym every other day, so I always have a few choices to get me through my workout. Perfect.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I think Greg can be a bit loud and annoying sometimes but so many of the KF guys are great, especially Nick Scarpino, Tim and Andy.

Mark Freeman

Oct 31, 2017
Kent, UK
Gary Whitta is great. But he will get busy and then do a Danny O'dwyer :(

I think the 1 day a week commitment means that if he has to go off and sit on set of film for a month will be a lot easier to catch up the commitments over a couple of weeks and Gary seems to really enjoy it, and think he is pyched to be back on the press code mailing lists etc made a few comments. He lives 5 mins away aparrently so not like 1-2 hours drive Danny had too. Yeah sure we will have some gaps where he has to go do stuff but think he is in it for the longhaul, might get a little dicey with him writing some of the games they talk about but likely will just drink his coffee and not comment like he did on the morning show when star wars stories came up lol