Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway in the caves beneath Kentucky.

An antique furniture delivery man trying to make his small shop's last delivery gets lost along the way and meets a haunted TV repairwoman, a young boy and his giant eagle brother, a pair of robot musicians, and dozens of other characters. Together, they explore the nocturnal highways and country roads of Kentucky, the storied Echo River by ferry, and the mysterious Route Zero, the secret highway that runs through Mammoth Cave.

The game was originally released in five episodes, with companion "interludes." All five episodes and interludes will be available at release time and packaged together for consoles in the "TV Edition."

Ben Babbitt composed the music and sound design for the game, and arranged a suite of hymns and bluegrass standards performed by the Bedquilt Ramblers.

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

Finally!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Sweet. Was looking forward to playing this on Switch for so long. The wait is almost over.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wonderful!

I found my way to this game very recently, but it's one of the best experiences I've had in the medium. Will be buying it again on Switch for sure.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
I think I bought this on Steam a long time ago but I'll probably buy it again to play on PS4/Xbox One instead. Glad it's finally finished!

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I've owned this game on Steam forever but never started it because I wasn't sure when the final episode would wrap. It turns out the answer was 7 years.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yay, but also oh no, I'll still be playing NG+ in Tokyo Mirage Sessions then probably...

Really looking forward to experiencing the whole thing!

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've only played the first two episodes so far. Although those were something else, both cryptic and magical. Will gladly start over again and loose myself in that world again.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
I remember people being "I'll wait for this to come out on Wii U" lol

Finally time to check this out

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Really, really looking forward to playing this!

I said to myself back in 2016 that I would wait for the last episode in a 'couple of months'.

*four years later*

Blimey, time sure flies...

I am more than happy to pay full price for this after a rather lengthy wait.

Is this a good game for the switch, or should I just buy it on xbox for better visuals?

It's the perfect kind of pick-up-and-play game however, if you want 'better visuals', you know where to go.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like a nice game to play on switch. I stopped after Act I since Act V had been MIA for so long. Glad that I'll get a chance to play it all the way through at the end of the month.

Over 6 years of development. Absolute insanity.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
28th of January is kinda crazy for me: Journey to the Savage Planet, Warcraft III remaster and Kentucky releasing at the same day.

2 gifts from CannonFodder52

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from CannonFodder52 CannonFodder52!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

CannonFodder52 said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Kentucky Route Zero - Won by cnrm (40 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Kentucky Route Zero - Won by Lightjolly Lightjolly (36 entries)

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
sweeet, i've had the game in my steam library for ages (it was in a Humble Bundle sometime in 2017), but have been holding off on playing it until it was complete.

are the interludes part of the current PC release, or do i have to play them via browser? it sounds like they'll be included in the "PC Edition" release

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
That sounds like a nice game to play on switch. I stopped after Act I since Act V had been MIA for so long. Glad that I'll get a chance to play it all the way through at the end of the month.

Over 6 years of development. Absolute insanity.

9 years in fact, the game started as a Kickstarter campaign back in 2011(predating Double Fine's Kickstarter by a year funny enough). It was also going to be a 2D platformer or something back then? Here's the old announcement video:

The game we actually got was very different (and way more ambitious), but that was definitely for the better.

Granted, I doubt the guys at Cardboard Computer would have even imagined they would still be developing the game almost a decade later, but still.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
ogRwdme.jpg

Six years from OG purchase to actually sitting down with it has got to be a personal world record, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
sweeet, i've had the game in my steam library for ages (it was in a Humble Bundle sometime in 2017), but have been holding off on playing it until it was complete.

are the interludes part of the current PC release, or do i have to play them via browser? it sounds like they'll be included in the "PC Edition" release

The interludes are separate downloads, available from the (now) PC Edition website. You can opt into a public beta build on Steam to see some of the improvements coming, including having the Interludes as part of the timeline, but I haven't checked to see if they were all implemented at the time and there may be some bugs.

Right now the beta of this update is only available in Steam. Right-click on the game in your library and choose "properties", then under the "beta" tab select the "testing-public" beta.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Played the first episode years ago and decided to wait to the full thing. 2020 already is a great year.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Day 1, was looking forward it since it was first announced for Switch (either 2017 or 2018, don't remember)