• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Killmonger does not agree with that "400 years of slavery was a choice" mindset.

Yall don't ruin that man's name like that. You know he ain't down with it.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I think (being super generous here) he is trying to convey that constantly reliving past injustices is not the way forward.
what are you talking about? How is what he said anything like that? He said slavery was a choice because it lasted 400 years, not that black people have been talking about it for 400 years.

Edit: I am not at all surprised that you would misinterpret what he said so you push your "get over it" nonsense.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
User Warned: Inflammatory Derail
Dude was arrogant as fuck before but he's been off the rails since her death.

The father of a good friend got murdered shortly before he arrived home. She saw him in his blood, metalpipe in body.

She somehow managed to not go full dumbass. Most people manage to pull that off.

Edited to end the thread derail party.

Last edited:

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
I think what he wanted to say in his head did not translate to what was coming out of his mouth. 400 years sounds like a choice, really? Celebrities.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, LIKE I SAID: I don't agree with what he's saying....
I was just outlining why he's doing what he's doing. Becasue some people are wondering where this all came from & why he's acting like this.
The interview he had with charlamagne tha god is a good way to hear his point of view.

Oh, and also, he lost his mom & has no one to vent to. I think that plays a giant role in why he's being a "contrarian jackass" lol

You are missing what people are trying to tell you. You probably think what you said was somehow deep or thoughtful, maybe because you gleamed it from Kanye who you obviously idolize in some way. It was not, and that's the problem with some of his fan base. People choosing who they want to be or what they say is not in itself respectable. Especially someone in Kanye's position. It's ones actual actions or words that determine respect.

And my mom just passed away 2 weeks ago. It doesn't give me the right to be a contrarian jackass nor would I become one. Again it's not the act of choosing that's respectable but what we did with that choice. If I did choose to become a jackass and blame it on my mothers passing I would hope no one would call me respectable for that.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out a guy that brags about dropping out of school and not reading doesn't have a strong grasp on history.

Jan 10, 2018
People react to things differently.

Great fortune cookie wisdom, I should appreciate it.

Mental stress can cause many things. Some things can be excused, like erratic behaviour, breakdowns, lack of concentration and much more. The issue with Kanye are not these type of issues. It is the content of his words. To become a dipshit, it had be in you.

JJJ117

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
New York, USA
He's pretty much trying to claim that black people are shutting themselves in away from being free by forcing themselves and their community to think the same things, vote the same way etc. And he believes that going against the grain is his way to freedom.

Kanye raps about how his music doesn't break out as much as it would have if he weren't black a bunch. He says this in interviews. He believes he would be up there with the greats if he weren't black, if racism didn't hold him down.

Kanye just hates being a brother and he's throwing black people under the bus to be in this state of denial.

I'm the biggest Stan ever and his music has a special place with me, but I can't justify supporting him at all anymore. This is just sad, bullshit, insulting and childlike. Like the TMZ dude said, he needs to be more responsible.
He has a point that African American folks are expected to vote a certain way or have certain political beliefs. I have a few black friends that supported Hillary Clinton because thats what there family expected. But i do disagree with him saying that this goes against peoples freedom because it is still their choice anyway. But still him saying this does not mean he is trying not to be black.

He is right. Black folks are gonna have a harder time in the music industry because they are not white. There are racist people that wont buy Kanye's music cause he is black.

He is saying some controveral things and some of them i don't like but imo its a bit extreme saying that he does not want to be black.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
He has a point that African American folks are expected to vote a certain way or have certain political beliefs. I have a few black friends that supported Hillary Clinton because thats what there family expected. But i do disagree with him saying that this goes against peoples freedom because it is still their choice anyway. But still him saying this does not mean he is trying not to be black.

He is right. Black folks are gonna have a harder time in the music industry because they are not white. There are racist people that wont buy Kanye's music cause he is black.

He is saying some controveral things and some of them i don't like but imo its a bit extreme saying that he does not want to be black.

The whole "Black people aren't a monolith" rhetoric doesn't excuse downplaying slavery. That's just some self hating BS and I hope someone in his circle gives him a good slap.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These comments always remind me of console wars. Do y'all get some kind of weird satisfaction constantly telling people you're wrong I'm right in real life too?

No. This is long overdue. Stans have been glorifying him and ignoring all the shit he's been doing/ saying for far too long. And not even now they can see the light on this clown.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
what are you talking about? How is what he said anything like that? He said slavery was a choice because it lasted 400 years, not that black people have been talking about it for 400 years.

Are you sure? He also mentions Jews and the holocaust.

I listened to it again and I think trying to derive a salient point from that mess is futile.

/shrug

Kanye is just crazy.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
When you're as rich as Kanye is, you get to be one of the "good ones" and tell everyone else in your race to fuck off or pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it doesn't matter, but he means 400 years as in black people are still slaves. At least if he was rational, it would fit his lyrics.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
No. This is long overdue. Stans have been glorifying him and ignoring all the shit he's been doing/ saying for far too long. And not even now they can see the light on this clown.
but I'm trying to figure out who on era here is stanning him so religiously? Y'all seem to be talking to some boogie man who's never in these threads lol

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
If being a free thinker lead me to these kinds of thoughts, count me a part of the hive mind

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
You cant make this a political thing or "he's just going against the grain" thing

Maybe it was a couple days ago.

Thinking slavery is a choice is not a political stance

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
I can't wait for the day when Kanye realizes that Trump is only using him for his agenda & eventually dumps him.

Once Kim Kardashian divorces his ass, he will have nobody left to count on for support. His former fans will continue boycotting him & his music, & his so-called "newer fans" will be dropping him like a rock & calling him a sucker as his entire career will be flushed down the toilet.

Mar 3, 2018
Honestly, I can't defend him anymore.

Feel free to call me out for defending him before this, but even his dragon energy and trump comments to me were pure attention seeking for the album and the bubble he's in and not being among the people and seeing what people in real life go through. I mean, you have people like Rihanna preaching about equality while she does business deals in Saudi Arabia to sell her products and dates a Saudi Prince while they have an open slave market and behead people every year. What I'm trying to say is that most rich people and celebrities live in a bubble due to their status and ignorant due to it, so it's best not to idolize them.

But this shit...to say people in those chains and shackles that had to defecate on themselves since they couldn't move, that they had a choice? Bruh

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If he needs help, I hope someone is able to reach through to him and convince him of that. Initially I just thought he was being wacky Kanye trying to get headlines, but watching that something just feels off. His point is obviously completely wrong.

Dec 31, 2017
5o1PXa7.gif

So accurate.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Zero respect for ppl who cant tell the difference between genius/enlightened individuals and people who are contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

There's a big ass difference. Its annoying seeing people who clearly can't differentiate between the two.