jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
FvW97h-XgAE9Czo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2ZN6YviO0

View: https://twitter.com/SentaiFive/status/1654438234099728386

Didn't expect this at all. Super happy for more Faiz. That said, that new suit is ugly as hell and that belt is gonna be EXPENSIVE!!!!!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what? Why Faiz? Are other heisei Riders being revived?

Not that I'm complaining, I started with Faiz and it's still my favourite of the ones I watched (although I think it derails in the second half).

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what? Why Faiz? Are other heisei Riders being revived?

Not that I'm complaining, I started with Faiz and it's still my favourite of the ones I watched (although I think it derails in the second half).
Next year is the 20th anniversary, plus Faiz seems to be pretty popular. Takumi's actor keeps coming back.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2Qe3D_oNs

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I feel like Faiz's fight choreography had an eventfulness that a lot of series fail to capture. There are just little clear things that happen that you can appreciate, it's not just all about the big finish.

Look at him leaving himself open for a moment by doing his signature wrist flick, then do the wrist flick when he punches the Orphenoch through the greenhouse wall. Look at how he gets sucker punched when he tears his way outside. Look at him do a juggle combo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-v2z_Q9sE

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Look at him revving up to push his opponent through a wall, then stumbling as they fight on top of a car, how his wrist flick acts as a starter's pistol when the two Orphenochs are staring him down and ready to attack, how he sets up his finisher at the same time as he's fighting the two off.

Absolutely masterclass in fight scenes, this show.

Sep 5, 2021
I can't imagine the movie without Kiba, the character was very important in the history of the series, without him it will feel like something is missing

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj2Qe3D_oNs

- YouTube

I feel like Faiz's fight choreography had an eventfulness that a lot of series fail to capture. There are just little clear things that happen that you can appreciate, it's not just all about the big finish.

Look at him leaving himself open for a moment by doing his signature wrist flick, then do the wrist flick when he punches the Orphenoch through the greenhouse wall. Look at how he gets sucker punched when he tears his way outside. Look at him do a juggle combo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-v2z_Q9sE

- YouTube

Look at him revving up to push his opponent through a wall, then stumbling as they fight on top of a car, how his wrist flick acts as a starter's pistol when the two Orphenochs are staring him down and ready to attack, how he sets up his finisher at the same time as he's fighting the two off.

Absolutely masterclass in fight scenes, this show.

My man.

Faiz is a masterclass of getting dudes into uncomfortable suits and having them slug each other in the face with all the grit and weight it can provide.

I think about that car-top fight scene a lot. It is so unglamorous and even uncool, the two of them can barely stand let alone fight, but that's why it's so memorable; they told two guys to fight on top of a car and it is at messy, disorganized and limp as it could possibly be.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I know little to nothing on the series, I assume it's unrelated to shin kamen rider?
Yeah, no relation. Although Anno actually liked the original Faiz so much he included a big reference to the fictional company Smart Brain from Faiz in Shin Godzilla (the coagulant manufacturer is listed as Smart Brain).

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Would love a new cover of the themes and insert songs

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I see you sporting that Tohru Nakayama, Weiss .

__kamen_rider_faiz_crbycuh.jpg

Looks like he did some additional anniversary fanart.

__kamen_rider_faiz_ka4udea.jpg

__kamen_rider_faiz_injnfji.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see you sporting that Tohru Nakayama, Weiss .

__kamen_rider_faiz_crbycuh.jpg

Looks like he did some additional anniversary fanart.

__kamen_rider_faiz_ka4udea.jpg

__kamen_rider_faiz_injnfji.jpg
I still don't know who he's punching in that first pic. I want to say Lobster Orphnoch because that's the only evil lady Takumi would punch.

Also yes my avatar is amazing.

FvXclYiWcAMTv4h.jpg

Kusaka looks like a cool edgy dark hero about to throw down with evil monsters, and not the world's biggest douche with no friends.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not too shocking. A lot of the crossover movies had Faiz content and we just saw Kaido in the Revice mini series.

They should let Inoue go full Inoue for this. Bring in the milk bottles heheh

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
IIRC the series and the first movie (called Paradise Lost) are separate continuities, so is this following the movie continuity (since the names are similar)?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Black/RX are my GOATS, but Faiz is one of my favorites. Not big on having a huge hubcap as a chestplate, but looking forward to see what they do with it.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Goat Kamen Rider. I can't believe it's been 20 years. I remember when it was new and we had to wait for the fan subs.

Can't wait til Gaim gets his anniversary stuff. Another goat Kamen Rider. Can't say it's gotten any better than that and faiz imo.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, a new Faiz movie, now I'm going to have to rewatch the series/movie before this comes out.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Faiz is the only Kamen Rider I've ever watched. I liked it! Interesting to see that they revisit series like this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I know a lot of people don't like the new suit but the chest piece makes for a pretty striking silhouette from the side.

From the front it looks kinda awkward, but I'm gonna guess they're not gonna have Seiji Takaiwa stumble around in it lol

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the bulky shoulder pads and chest. But easily could've looked a lot worst.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not too shocking. A lot of the crossover movies had Faiz content and we just saw Kaido in the Revice mini series.

Mari, Smart Brain and the Orphenoch King appear in the currently running "Outsiders" mini-series too. Well, Mari's role was really small, but it makes me wonder if the Orphenoch King being a big part of Outsiders means this movie won't really be dealing with that plot.

huh. how is Kohei Murakami coming back. Another alt universe sequel?

In Inoue's novels he returns as an Orphenoch after dying, so he could just do that. Last time he was in the live action movies though (Geiz Majesty) he appeared alive and well (due to Zi-O's time reset ending, where he reset the world while adjusting the fate of the people he met in his journey). From one side, I don't think Inoue would consider the crossovers for this. From another though, Takumi was meant to be dying right after the end of Faiz originally, and yet he's still alive 20 years later here. Using the crossovers he could just bypass having to make an excuse for all that and focus on whatever new plot idea he has.

IIRC the series and the first movie (called Paradise Lost) are separate continuities, so is this following the movie continuity (since the names are similar)?

According to the Japanese news it's a sequel to the tv show, in spite of the title.

www.cinematoday.jp

「仮面ライダー555」正統続編が製作決定!半田健人らキャスト再集結、最終話から20年後描く|シネマトゥデイ

特撮ドラマ「仮面ライダー555(ファイズ)」(2003~2004)の20周年を記念した新作Vシネクスト『仮面ライダー555 20th パラダイス・リゲインド』の製作が決定し、2024年に期間限定上映されることが、令和5年5月5日(555の日)に発表された。

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What the hell?
How is 555 that popular?
Faiz has always been super popular in Japan. That early Heisei run of Kuuga through Faiz is pretty iconic in its own right. Faiz was in the top 10 for japans official poll.

tokusatsunetwork.com

NHK Kamen Rider Poll Results

Results for NHK Kamen Rider Poll were broadcast on November 6. Kamen Rider Den-O took first place in productions, Kamen Rider Den-O took first place in Kamen Riders, and “EXCITE” took first place in music. On November 6, NHK broadcast a program revealing the results of their Kamen Rider poll. On...