For US politics and election threads

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
The email recipient has been added to the list with the name "Friend". So if they had the name "Brian" it would say:

Ooooohh... My bad, brain is weird.

giphy.gif

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
So fucking glad it wasn't Shapiro, wow.

Had to google it because little french me was confused. And so ok, it's not the Shapiro i thought about, and i now nothing about this one. But the simple fact he share his last name with the other shit stain is a good reason to not pick him in my book. Too confusing. :p

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
You hate this ticket? HATE it? Why? Was the previous ticket better for you, somehow? Or did you think Biden could drop out and be replaced by Kelly, or what? What about Walz is worth hating relative to any of the other candidates?

I sincerely do not understand this perspective.
i know why

xWyqlQF.jpeg

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Conservatives online are pretty mad she didn't pick Shapiro thanks to all the skeletons in his closet, in case you were wondering whether this was the right decision.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
All the finalists were fantastic choices so didn't matter to me much; now let's get the election into overdrive!

Let's get these debates started!

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Walz seems like such a good dude. He just gets it. He can view things from almost anyone's point of view, whether you're military, teacher, into sports, can see things from the political side of course. He's just relatable and that's the kind of person that should be in a primary political spot trying to help this country get better.

Oct 28, 2017
Nice!

I live in PA sort of at the borderline of "Pennsyl-tucky". Walz has a communication style that can resonate with a lot of people around here.

I think this is the most important thing here. the people who haven't decided yet in swing states are not focused on policies, they pick the people they like the most. and walz has a folksy charisma that will resonate with the working class in these states

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You hate this ticket? HATE it? Why? Was the previous ticket better for you, somehow? Or did you think Biden could drop out and be replaced by Kelly, or what? What about Walz is worth hating relative to any of the other candidates?

I sincerely do not understand this perspective.

I just don't understand it either. If they simply said they viewed Shapiro or Kelly or whatever as having an easier chance to win, I could understand that. But hate is such a strong word, especially for Walz of all people who won everyone by appearing to be a good dude.

As for Harris, that's even more mind-boggling given how bad Biden was doing, and we certainly weren't in a place to choose anyone other than her as an alternative to begin with.

Spesi

Apr 26, 2022
Finland
I know the tldr of his US political stuff, but how are his foreign policies? Meaning, what are his views on supporting Ukraine, European allies & how to handle Russia? Or climate change etc?

I understand that these topics are for the president to handle, but always interesting to know.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is the case the right is making against him 😂 😂
Just days after the attempted murder of Donald Trump, you called him and his supporters "fascists," egging on the same rhetoric that led to him being shot in the first place.

You have overseen some of the most radical youth trans surgery laws in the country. Under your leadership teenagers can get their breast chopped off and get sterilized, and your government calls it "healthcare."

You have the most radical abortion laws in the country. Zero limits. Every year 5-6 babies are BORN ALIVE and then murdered "legally" under laws you support.

On immigration, you famously said you wanted to provide a "ladder" so invaders can come over Trump's wall. You are a radical open border zealot.

You oversaw the single worst fraud of the Covid era, the Feeding Our Future case. Thanks to ineptitude at your Department of Education, criminals stole $250 million of taxpayer dollars to spend on luxury cars, houses, and vacations.

Also during Covid, you approved $500 million in "hero pay" for frontline workers, only to have 40% of that money go to people who were ineligible or, in many cases, literally deceased.

In the House, you were Pelosi's sidekick and did whatever the Democrats demanded.

You will try and disguise yourself as a folksy midwestern moderate. In reality, you are a white male version of Kamala Harris. Radical. Inept. Undeserving to be in leadership.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
God forbid these kids from getting free school lunch. They should be working the deep fryers on 2nd shift and earn their launch
One of my pitches for why he was the best choice is you can basically take what he passed in Minnesota and adapt much of it as Harris's platform and draw an immediate contrast with Trump and Republicans.

Harris and Walz want universal meals for students and a commitment to public schools to help rural Americans And those that weren't born with a silver spoon​
Trump and Republicans thru project 2025 want to defund education, legalize child labor, and continue to make it harder to raise a family​
Harris and Walz support our blue collar workers and have been endorsed by every major union​
Trump and Vance thru Project 2025 want to destroy unions and take away your overtime pay to help corporate profits and transfer more money from working class families to vulture capitalists like Vance​

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Waltz is an incredible pick. He is extraordinarily effective at getting things done, which is exactly what the dems need more of at the federal level.

And like, the only real job of the VP is to help the president enact their agenda, which is the one thing he has over Kelly or Shapiro.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I know this is going to come across very "Dad works for Nintendo" but an old coworker of mine works for the Vance campaign. I've heard through the grapevine that it's total fucking chaos over there this morning. They were expecting Shapiro.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Will there be a special election to fill Walz governorship if Kamala/Walz wins in November?

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
So he's not from a swing state like Pennsylvania. Is the bet that he will make up for that by being generally appealing across the blue wall?
I'd also argue that his record as governor and the legislation they passed could be adapted by the national party almost as is and be a perfect foundation to build out from and contrast with Trumpism.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I know this is going to come across very "Dad works for Nintendo" but an old coworker of mine works for the Vance campaign. I've heard through the grapevine that it's total fucking chaos over there this morning. They were expecting Shapiro.
to be fair, even Shapiro woulda crushed Vance

this just makes it a bit funnier

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
He's clearly the best pick and lines up with the same values the Dems desperately need.

Clear messaging. Can fire back at the hate from Trump.

This looks like a winning ticket to me.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING

YOU FUCKING IDIOT

EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT TIM KAINE BEFORE HE GOT PICKED FOR VP

FIGHT ME IN PEGGLE YOU SHIT

My memory is flawless, and at the time Jim Baine absolutely created the same level of enthusiasm Walz is getting now, and even catapulted Hillary to the presidency.