Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Yo, this show looks hype and interesting!
latest

Jujutsu_Kaisen_Seasonal_2x3_fixed.png

portada_jujutsu-kaisen-15.jpg

Synopsis:

"Although Yuji Itadori looks like your average teenager, his immense physical strength is something to behold! Every sports club wants him to join, but Itadori would rather hang out with the school outcasts in the Occult Research Club. One day, the club manages to get their hands on a sealed cursed object. Little do they know the terror they'll unleash when they break the seal…"

The cast we know so far! This will be updated at the season rolls on:

9mmVgM7.png

Yuji Itadori

VA: Junya Enoki

Medi's Insight: Yuji seems like a cool and strong guy. Move over, Midoriya Izuku! Yuji ate a FINGER to gain his power!

0mg4kaK.png

Megumi Fushiguro

VA: Yuma Uchida

Medi's Insight: Based off just episode one... he seems like your good ol' no nonsense friend. Maybe there's more to him... time will tell...

OljuOaa_d.webp

Nobara Kugisaki

VA: Asami Seto

Medi's Insight: One of the most expressive and cool characters I've ever seen in an anime. She's awesome. Some say she's destined to win the popularity poll later in the season...
-- --

Qja9Hny.png

Satoru Gojo

VA: Yuichi Nakamura

Medi's Insight: Looks like Kakashi from Naruto stumbled over here!

F6LSzXs.png

Sukuna

VA: Junichi Suwabe

Medi's Insight: Sukuna is a really strong yet interesting character. His power is insane.

YL8Gtb5.png

Panda

VA: Tomokazu Seki

Medi's Insight: It's a freaking talking panda!!! You can't get cooler than that!!!

Where to watch: (US) Crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/jujutsu...eferrer=editorial_cr_broadcast_jujutsu-kaisen

Flow Yo, Flow made a cool thread dedicated to the manga! Check it out if ya wanna read Juju Kai! Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jujutsu-kaisen-i-manga-ot-i-twenty-finger-death-punch.321520/

Genre: Shonen, Mystery, Action,

Episode Count: 24

If you need to get sold on watching the show... check out this amazing OP!

PVs aka trailers:

Hype and cool gifs of the show:
mO36Lr.gif

0qIGt6s.gif

Shoutout to: Seriously... shoutout to AoM He REALLY deserves full credit for this OT. He actually pretty much supplied me with most of the information. I'm just a guy who saw a trailer for JuKai and got super hyped.

Just like with my Demon Slayer season one OT... I'm gonna be super active in this thread and updating the OT whenever its a good time. Post ya'll thoughts and feelings on the show or
actually anything really... lol I want my OTs to be cool places to hangout and escape from the sometimes incredibly harsh real world

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
That OP is a banger and it looks visually stunning. Seems like Shingo is the one who did the Opening.

Seems like Jump and Mappa are going all in for this series considering its getting 24 episodes, nice.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

That OP is a banger and it looks visually stunning. Seems like Shingo is the one who did the Opening.

Seems like Jump and Mappa are going all in for this series considering its getting 24 episodes, nice.
Dang, I can't find a link to the OP anywhere. It's so good lol and yeah! Jump and Mappa doing 24 episodes is very hype and exciting

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Also I was about to mention that you forgot to include the female character that's apart of the cast, but then saw that you will update it as the show goes along.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Manga OT about this? I remember reading something like 25 chapters way back but dropped it for some reason, might get into the anime as a way to get back into it.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Also I was about to mention that you forgot to include the female character that's apart of the cast, but then saw that you will update it as the show goes along.
It's funny cuz AoM pretty much gave me a nice roster of pics and names but I wanna add them as we meet them lol
Is there a Manga OT about this? I remember reading something like 25 chapters way back but dropped it for some reason, might get into the anime as a way to get back into it.
No Manga OT.... lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how they're gonna handle this because having read the manga it's definitely a slow starter and went a totally different route than I thought at first.

Anime only folks are gonna be in for a ride probably.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Really interested in this one. The manga can be a bit of a slow burn but I think the anime ahs the chance to get past the slow parts very fast

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Heard alot of good things about the manga, so I'm in. First episode was standard, but I'm intrigued to see where they go with it.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Ain't going to eat some dirty old finger.

I remember picking up the manga after someone recommended it in the Demon Slayer anime OT. It really good and watching episode 1 has hyped me for whats to come.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm expecting great things visually.

I have to something about the OP reminds me of something. I think a little of the Fate series due to how slick and smooth the visuals look.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Heard good things a out the series but the first episode didn't really stand out or anything, I'll watch a couple of more episodes to see where things go.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually only read Jujutsu Kaisen from around where the official translations started releasing for free, so the beginning of the series is new to me.

The series does start out pretty normal, from what I've seen in this first episode and what people have said, but the fights get pretty crazy later. It's a mix of late Bleach with late Hunter x Hunter, with some weird powers that take several panels of text just to explain what they do, and multiple fights feature enemies with a Hisoka vs. Chrollo level of using bystanders to their advantage. Also multiple badass female fighters that actually win fights against male opponents.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Not impressed with the first episode aside from the animation.
Feels like another "I've seen this shit before" sort of series.
Dropped.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

The series does start out pretty normal, from what I've seen in this first episode and what people have said, but the fights get pretty crazy later. It's a mix of late Bleach with late Hunter x Hunter, with some weird powers that take several panels of text just to explain what they do, and multiple fights feature enemies with a Hisoka vs. Chrollo level of using bystanders to their advantage. Also multiple badass female fighters that actually win fights against male opponents.
LETS FREAKING GOOO!!! My Spidey sense for anime usually never fails! The second you said Bleach, my heart melted lol

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
First episode REALLY felt like Bleach, but it had some slick animation.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Without going into spoilers DO NOT make your judgements just yet.

It goes pretty differently from what you'd expect.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I need to catch up with the manga - I stopped reading towards the beginning of the year as I was busy and haven't gotten back into it yet. It's a fun series and I'll watch the anime adaptation.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
You need to give this show time because the story certainly goes to darker places than Bleach ever did.

OT title should have just been Finger Lickin' Good but it'll do.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The show did the manga so much justice. And the previews of episode 2 seem to be even better. This is definitely one of my favorite in Jump right now, so I'm glad to see it get the love it deserves.

It feels like Substitute Arc of Bleach mixed with YYH with some HxH drizzled into the battle mechanics, and it's fantastic.

Jun 22, 2019
To anyone who dislikes Bleach and may feel put off from trying the series due to the Bleach comparisons, I myself loathe Bleach, but I think Jujutsu Kaisen is the 2nd best currently-running Shounen Jump manga after Chainsaw Man.

It starts super generic though. Took a while before it started to feel fun and unique for me, but it was completely worth the investment.

I didn't even realize the anime was out till I saw this thread.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Watched it yesterday and liked it a lot. There was a lot more comedy than what I expected. I may read the manga on SJ app when I get the chance.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is that stuff that's likely coming I. A couple of episodes, this season or something that's much further away?
Honestly it was a few months into the manga so...maybe around Episode 10...where I was like "wait this isn't what I expected".

Well I read that manga when it already had 100 some chapters and it took about twenty or so chapters before it got real.

They're definitely going to cover the first arc that made me go "oh shit!" because all the characters from it are in the OP.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To anyone who dislikes Bleach and may feel put off from trying the series due to the Bleach comparisons, I myself loathe Bleach, but I think Jujutsu Kaisen is the 2nd best currently-running Shounen Jump manga after Chainsaw Man.

It starts super generic though. Took a while before it started to feel fun and unique for me, but it was completely worth the investment.

I didn't even realize the anime was out till I saw this thread.
Yeah that's why I say the Substitute Arc of Bleach. I don't really see the comparisons beyond that, but Substitute Arc was more grounded and had Ichigo coming to terms with issues like death and revenge. Parts of JJK remind me of that portion of the series in particular.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, this series totally sets itself apart from being just another generic shonen as it goes along. I wasn't entirely sold on it at first when I read the manga, but it's really good now. At times, I get some Hunter X Hunter vibes from it.

First episode was great. Mappa's bringing the quality.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What time does this air in terms of how censored it might be? The manga gets pretty brutal.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm around chapter 40-50 in the manga and I think this might be one where I prefer watching to reading. Very strong first episode that added a little bit of connective tissue between scenes and made the whole thing flow better.

What I've read so far reminds me of early Naruto more than anything else, in a very good way.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm around chapter 40-50 in the manga and I think this might be one where I prefer watching to reading. Very strong first episode that added a little bit of connective tissue between scenes and made the whole thing flow better.
Also the art of the manga is kind of hit or miss. The recent chapters especially seem rough.

I do think they draw action scenes pretty well, Itadori's fighting style is always cool.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the first episode!
Not a very original start but overall still liked the premise and the animation was pretty great at the last parts (here's hoping it holds throughout the season)

That OP is beautifully animated as well, damn

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's a shounen jump series, I doubt it'll be censored much for TV.
There was an episode of My Hero Academia that got censored pretty badly last season for something minor, so it can happen.

This series is much more brutal though, so I'd assume they'd have it at a timeslot where they don't have to hold back.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So far kinda meh, but quite well executed animation wise. People here are saying it gets much better later and comparing it with stuff I really like (early Bleach, HunterXHunter), guess I will give it at least this whole first season a shot, hopefully it doesn't devolve into fanservice, but the first episode didn't have any (that I noticed), so good start on that front.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
So far kinda meh, but quite well executed animation wise. People here are saying it gets much better later and comparing it with stuff I really like (early Bleach, HunterXHunter), guess I will give it at least this whole first season a shot, hopefully it doesn't devolve into fanservice, but the first episode didn't have any (that I noticed), so good start on that front.
It finds it's own groove around chapter 20 in the manga or so.

As for fanservice there is non really in the manga, closest would be the cover for Volume 12 and with the aesthetic it has I'd be hard pressed to call it even that https://jujutsu-kaisen.fandom.com/wiki/Volume_12 (No spoilers)

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap why is the ED for this show such straight fire??

EDIT: And that animation as well, I don't normally stay for the ending credits but it caught me from the first moment at the end of today's episode.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Action on point yet again this episode.

Also the ED be grooving, love it lol.