CHC

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that it's a reply to isn't even worth a reply honestly

Deleted member 158819

Sep 19, 2023
Who's doing the rumored sci-fi game? ND or SMS? That's what I'm interested in!

vernacherMV

Feb 5, 2021
Yeah but what if those new hires have been working on NDs next big game?!!? It would have already released by now../s

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Did they do something similar with Part 1?

Part 1 was a project for the pre-production phase of their new game. They couldn't put all these devs onto the new game as it wasn't ready to go into full production after the release of The Last of Us Part 2. So they put them on the remake while Neil and his creative team were in pre-production.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
In the entertainment industry working on an "original" doesn't strictly mean a new IP.

Naughty Dog's next big original game could be Part III, but I hope it's a brand new universe.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
On one hand I'd love to see what ND can cook up with an original concept.

But so many people want TLoU 3, I could see some people treating it like Starfield where they just wanted that game out of the way for a new Elder Scrolls.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's that rumored fantasy medieval type game right? The one based off that concept art from a while back? I thought that was debunked. So who knows what it will be. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the next last of us all along lol

Jul 2, 2021
Who's doing the rumored sci-fi game? ND or SMS? That's what I'm interested in!
That was Santa Monica.

Believe it's Corey's baby after GoW.
No one knows if there even is a sci-fi game at Sony. Fans made that up as soon as they saw the Savage Starlight comics in TLOU.
Naughty Dog's next game could be TLOU3 and Cory's next game could be another fantasy game like GOW.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was heavily rumored they were working on TLOU3?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I'd love to see what ND can cook up with an original concept.

But so many people want TLoU 3, I could see some people treating it like Starfield where they just wanted that game out of the way for a new Elder Scrolls.
One thing I liked about TLoU 1 and 2 is that they both came at the end of their respective console generations, which meant that ND, after they did the Uncharted series, they basically knew the new console as well as they could to make the best game that was possible for them to do on the PS3 and PS4 respectively.

I would actually be fine with an original game between TLoU2 and 3, though it feels with how long games take to develop now, TLoU3 might come at the end of the PS5's life cycle even without an intermediary game between them.

Still, I agree, it would do ND good to stretch their wings somewhat.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Tweet in OP says Druckmann's team is full steam ahead on an original, sounds like new IP?
Just talking about this rumor. Not sure if it has been debunked or not.
www.resetera.com

Vieweranon: "Druckmann's next game is The Last of Us Part III; Factions comes first; Uncharted will be handled by a different studio" Rumor - Sony

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1602812234815574016 https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1602813427365265408 For those asking, ViewerAnon is a very reliable leaker in the movie business. He's as credible as it gets.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Last we heard, Neil was supposedly working on TLOU3. Not sure if that has been debunked or if they have another project before that.
I think that was coming from the same person who said that Faction was canceled and one of the Game Directors said on Twitter that he was still working on it.

So it's hard to know if he was right that Part3 is Naughty Dog next game.

Just talking about this rumor. Not sure if it has been debunked or not.
www.resetera.com

Vieweranon: "Druckmann's next game is The Last of Us Part III; Factions comes first; Uncharted will be handled by a different studio" Rumor - Sony

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1602812234815574016 https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1602813427365265408 For those asking, ViewerAnon is a very reliable leaker in the movie business. He's as credible as it gets.

It's kind of strange that the tweet was deleted.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
in the context of a discussion about remakes/remasters/ports, "an original" could definitely be referring to TLOU3. I wouldn't read too much into that part of the tweet, especially if the person might be trying to be vague on purpose.

KharijTheDog

Sep 23, 2022
Just like how TLOU was the "new IP" while they kept cooking Uncharted sequels, there's a pattern emerging here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I remember a big open world medieval game popping up on Era. I think people thought it was one of IOI's next games.
Oh yeah, that was the other one I think. The one I was talking was based off of artwork found on artstation from a concept artist at ND.
Hyoung Nam, a senior concept artist for Naughty Dog, posted three pieces of artwork under the title "The Women of North" in November, comprising a knight sitting beside a slain dragon, a shaman-like figure with a skull headdress and staff, and a green-eyed figure wearing clothes made from animal skin and bones.

The pieces were posted with a caption originally reading, "Inspire from the new game. You know what I'm talking about..." After being circulated this week, some fans and media outlets speculated that the "new game" could be an unannounced Naughty Dog project. However, speaking to IGN, Nam explained, "The illustration is not for ND's next new game," and added that this was fan art inspired by and made while the artist played Assassin's Creed Valhalla (itself released last November).

ign article

hyoung-nam-dragonslayer-hn-j.jpg

hyoung-nam-trib-2.jpg

hyoung-nam-mage-hn-j.jpg

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
In which case, why is this news? Naughty Dog confirmed 6 months ago that they're working on a brand new single-player game.

View: https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1662166716892479488

Midder didn't necessarily present it as news. They were responding to some dumb fuck on Twitter.

If you're asking why this thread was made, thats different I guess.

Naughty Dog is an enormous development team. If someone really thought they were all hands on deck, the art team, the music team, the engineers, the writers, ect... on a PS5 port of TLOU2, they are a moron.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A concept artist who's worked in the industry for a while would never be dumb enough to post concepts from an unannounced game.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
As others have stated, "Original" doesn't necessarily mean a new IP. It just means a new game in general that isn't a remaster or remake. So The Last of Us: Part 3 would fall in the category of being an 'original' game.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
my intel says they spent 2 years working on a new crash bandicoot before finding out Sony doesn't own Crash anymore