Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.usatoday.com

John Goodman says he 'felt bad' for Roseanne Barr after backlash over racist tweets

John Goodman said that he feels people were "attacking" Roseanne Barr after racist tweets led to ABC canceling the revival of "Roseanne."

John Goodman continues to stand by former "Roseanne" co-star Roseanne Barr's side.

A "Roseanne" revival was canceled by ABC in 2018 hours after Barr made racist comments on Twitter about former President Barack Obama's White House advisor Valerie Jarrett.

Despite the immediate backlash, Goodman defended his co-star at the time, telling the Sunday Times, "I was surprised at the response. And that's probably all I should say about that … I know for a fact that she's not a racist."
In an interview with Variety published Sunday, "The Conners" star said he has "no" regrets about speaking up for Barr.

"At the time I remember going to some kind of junket where they saw the pilot, and then the interviews, and it just turned into attack. And that made me very uncomfortable with them just attacking Roseanne," Goodman recalled. "I felt bad for her."

Cut to today....

Roseanne Barr Antisemitic Rant: "Nobody died in the Holocaust, that's the truth. Six million Jews should die right now 'cause they cause all the problems in the world...it never happened" - Showbiz411

Roseanne Barr is a sick woman, a known racist who lost her TV show for that reason. Now in a podcast she goes on antisemitic rant: “Nobody died in the Holocaust, that’s the truth. Six million Jews should die right now ’cause they cause all the problems in the world.” She adds, twice, “It never […]

Now in a podcast she goes on antisemitic rant: "Nobody died in the Holocaust, that's the truth. Six million Jews should die right now 'cause they cause all the problems in the world." She adds, twice, "It never happened."

I know that John worked with her for years and probably feels awkward about how things went down...but man what bad timing.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Ambien.jpg

niccoolnic

Nov 20, 2020
Salt Lake City, UT
This is especially crazy considering she was on InfoWars awhile back and talked about how her grandparents sponsored people to come to the US from Auschwitz 🤔🤔

Edit: Found it. She even claims to have LIVED with holocaust survivors. Yet another instance of conservatives playing their favorite game "Are you Lying, or Stupid?"

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Now in a podcast she goes on antisemitic rant: "Nobody died in the Holocaust, that's the truth. Six million Jews should die right now 'cause they cause all the problems in the world." She adds, twice, "It never happened."

qQRCZZ5.png

What a sad, miserable, and exceedingly stupid person.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The absolute fuck is that quote? I knew her views were awful, but didn't realize she was a holocaust denier... that's beyond the deep end.

That said, I'm not gonna shit on John Goodman. She helped bolster his career substantially, they probably got along fine, and he's in the place he is today because of her success. I don't like looping him into her nonsense because he gives a passing "I wish her well" when asked a tough question in a professional setting.

EDIT: Wait, it's a Theo Von interview?! lol

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Geez, that comment from her is beyond basic anti-Semitism.

Straight up Holocaust denial, followed by approving of the killing Jewish men and women.

Oct 27, 2017
Not like this, John. You don't need to go to bat for her several years later and you don't need to feel sorry for her when all of her problems are self-inflicted by her own stupidity and hate.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
That site isn't loading, is a reputable source? Because even for her, denying and endorsing the holocaust within the same breath is beyond deranged.

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
I think he's just good friends with her, so he wants her to be happy despite her beliefs. I also happen to be friends with someone that spews all sorts of crazy conspiracy stuff, but you know if I stop being friends with him, then that's one less person to talk sense into the guy. Roseanne is straight up calling for a genocide here right?

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That site isn't loading, is a reputable source? Because even for her, denying and endorsing the holocaust within the same breath is beyond deranged.
There are clips of this interview on Twitter but I didn't want to link to them for multiple reasons but you can easily find video of her saying this if you just search.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I love John Goodman but boy... it's time to let Rosanne go my guy. Draw a line, separate yourself from her and her words. It's not good.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Walter this is not a first amendment thing, man

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
WTF at Theo Von sayin' "yep" when she says the Holocaust didn't happen.

Like I know he's not a holocaust denier, it looks like he was just intimidated by Barr and tried to change the subject. I get that, but c'mon, sometimes ya gotta push back

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Beginning to think maybe celebrities shouldn't be placed on the pedestal we love to grant them in our culture.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
WTF at Theo Von sayin' "yep" when she says the Holocaust didn't happen.

Like I know he's not a holocaust denier, it looks like he was just intimidated by Barr and tried to change the subject. I get that, but c'mon, sometimes ya gotta push back

is he some right wing influencer/social media personality? I've heard his name come up a few times but not sure who he is.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
Centering John Goodman here is realllly burying the lede. That Barr rant is absolutely disgusting.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
There are clips of this interview on Twitter but I didn't want to link to them for multiple reasons but you can easily find video of er saying this if you just search.

Okay I found a clip and it sounded like she was saying it in response to the tech companies banning people and she did it in that mindless absolute free speech way. She's still a chud but not that deranged.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
He should definitely condemn her, but making up things to condemn him isn't helpful. She's the fucking scumbag.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand Holocaust denial. It's like Flat Earth... like, it's actual historical record with physical proof.

Yeah there's no real Holocaust denial talking points besides white supremacist talking points; that's it full stop. It definitely happened, the German government acknowledges it happened, and anyone saying otherwise is a fucking racist/awful human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.