• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
shancake states Nintendo of Australia would not make such requests
  • shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    This is not true. This guy is a notorious liar. Having worked with Nintendo Australia for a long time (and having been one of the Australian outlets sent a Switch prior to launch), there was nothing of the kind in the embargo. It's utterly ridiculous and I can't believe people in this thread are even questioning that tbh.

My memory is that this guy obtained a Switch through other means prior to launch, and was then putting out content, which we all know Nintendo doesn't like.

shancake's elaboration on PR reps not making such requests
  • shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
    Verified
    Oct 25, 2017
    Can you clarify if the embargo specified that you must speak about the Switch being robust and compact?

Joel himself didn't use the word negative, that's my own word. He claims that he wasn't allowed to give his own opinion.

I can go as far as saying that I've never EVER been asked for a PR rep, big or small to say ANYTHING specific about anything ever.. If you think any outlet would let that slide, you're wrong.

Would would Nintendo ask anyone to say that a console is small or robust? Also, the Switch is small and robust.. Why would anyone need to be told they have to say that lol? Look at it in comparison to the Wii U tablet..