Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Context: A TERF lost a court case arguing she was wrongly terminated for being transphobic online. The court ruled against her. More details in the tweets below.

Shortly after, JK Rowling tweets this hot garbage

Online trans folks have long been aware that Rowling is a TERF, but it's nice to see her finally take the mask off so people can no longer defend her with weak shit like "Twitter likes aren't endorsements!" Transphobia in British media is out of control and sadly Rowling signal boosting this may only make it worse, despite this ruling.

PS. If your contribution to this thread is gonna be something along the lines of "yeah well I still like Harry Potter", just don't hit that post button, ok? Thanks.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
TERF supports TERF who was fired for being transphobic

Maybe she can co-write a sequel with glinners.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At least she is open about being a TERF now. Hiding it was just riddikulus.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this should be surprising, but I also recall her saying similarly hurtful things in the past. Can't remember the context though.

Edit: sorry didn't scroll fully down to the bottom of your OP. I see that this was indeed at least suspected for a while.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Who knew that this woman who repeatedly expressed hateful and exclusionary gender politics would turn out to be such a hateful and exclusionary person. I'm just so surprised. TERFs are the such a special breed of vile. It is a repugnance that turns stomach.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh good she's not veiling her transphobia anymore. Looks like I definitely won't be going to see FB3 in theaters.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Rowling forreal.

It's also so disingenuous to see the way these people frame these bigoted arguments. It's literally the equivalent of saying, "why is everyone so mad at me I'm just saying that black people commit more crime than white people, that's true is it not?".

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Being trans and a big Harry Potter fan it sucks to have realised over time the opinions she holds on me and others. There is not much subtlety in this one - can only hope she learns better :(

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
Out of curiosity I went and looked at that woman's writing that got her fired. There's nothing even novel about it, it's the same "oh no, people are going to claim to be women to get into women's bathrooms/support groups/safe spaces" nonsense that we hear every time a "bathroom bill" comes up to vote, despite the mountain of evidence and experience that says that people don't do that. So, if you were curious, there's nothing there but tired bullshit.

Anyway, fuck Rowling and all of this.

Morphis

Oct 28, 2017
Out of curiosity I went and looked at that woman's writing that got her fired. There's nothing even novel about it, it's the same "oh no, people are going to claim to be women to get into women's bathrooms/support groups/safe spaces" nonsense that we hear every time a "bathroom bill" comes up to vote, despite the mountain of evidence and experience that says that people don't do that. So, if you were curious, there's nothing there but tired bullshit.

Anyway, fuck Rowling and all of this.
It's such a shame that people dismiss the experiences/feelings of others like this. It's so closeminded.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh and Mumsnet lol. Imagine actually thanking that cesspool for their support.

I would recommend that people should watch Shaun's video regarding Transphobia in the British media. I can't post it ATM but considering that this seems to be the usual rubbish claiming that cis-women's 'concerns' must be taken seriously it's definitely worth watching that video for the appropriate response.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she doesn't like having to share restrooms with trans women she should remove herself from the situation by flushing herself down the toilet like the piece of shit she is.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Daugther: Dad these harry potter books are amazing
Dad: They sure are
Daughter: Who made them?
Dad: Nobody. It came from space.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you fucking TERF! No ''middle-aged moment'' excuses here (not that they did ever work on people who actually care and that also paid attention to her shit).

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
It's just the dumbest shit. They hold onto any little thing they got. There are some medical reasons someone might need to know if a person has a uterus or testes, whatever. But if you aren't a doctor or a nurse currently providing care to a woman, you have absolutely no reason not to shut the fuck up.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also I'm pleasantly surprised that she's getting called out immediately on Twitter at least in the first dozen or so replies. The one linking her trash opinion to that of Emma Watson's is very good too.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
JK Rowling has gone full TERF central and it's just disgusting, but not surprising considering the writing was on the wall for a little while now.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't I just say also how much I ''love'' the #thisisnotadrill hashtag she is using? It really just feels like to me it's her truly signaling to the world that yes, she's coming out fully as a disgusting TERF and no more shitty excuses will be made.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh, making me stare real hard at these illustrated Harry Potter books I bought and have waiting for my daughter to be old enough :(.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Turns out if it walks like a bigot, talks like a bigot, follows bigots, and acts like bigots, it's a bigot. Glad to see she's finally stopped pretending she's anything less.