Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"...and after those 3-4 years you can fuck off if you don't buy a PS5." 😂

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Well yeah. 100 M install base is still very profitable.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Considering how the conversation is flowing with Miles Morales and Horizon being cross-gen, I don't want to imagine the possible case of God of War being cross-gen.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Next will be a price drop to 199 or 99 bucks.

P23 was 13 years, PS3 lasted 10 years I believe? PS1 was 8 or 9 I think. Sony always supports their old consoles for a while.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
PS4 might climb higher than I thought in terms of hardware sales if that's the case. Interesting

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3-4 years. kill me. this is even worse than Microsoft.

i am done with gaming.

any other hobbies to recommend? i was thinking of gardening.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sure, to be expected - they will still support PS4 in some capacity as a first party and third party will still release likely for a while with that install base. However their messaging leading into this generation has been a mess with them coming out and saying "We believe in generations", gearing everyone that they will just drop PS4 as a first party platform but now all of a sudden today, the messaging changes to "We will support the PS4 for three to four years", starting with Spiderman and Horizon as cross-gen first party titles. All those people praising Sony for dropping the "last gen baggage" and focusing on next gen only should be upset by this sudden change, especially as the timeline suggests that it is going to be longer support that MS's two year statement.

It gives me whiplash.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Massive install base, this isn't surprising that they want to support the PS4 with scaled down versions of a few PS5 titles. Will also push some final PS4's and by the end of it's life the PS4 will be one of the best selling systems in history.

PS5 vs PS4 Horizon Forbidden West will be interesting due to the SSD vs HDD and graphical power. Honestly, I cannot wait to see the differences in the versions of these games, but am getting the PS5 versions.

Not at all. But his messaging about generations is just awful. I don't appreciate being lied to.
You think Sony lied to you because Horizon and Miles will also be available to 110 million+ PS4 owners? They will still look, feel and play a lot better on PS5, as well as take advantage of all the PS5's new tech such as the SSD.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
You just gotta laugh
ImpressiveElatedComet-size_restricted.gif

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Jim Ryan has 0 credibility with me.

I will take every word he says with a grain of salt.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
and everyone bashed ms cause they said for next couple years x1 would be supported

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
3-4 years. kill me. this is even worse than Microsoft.

i am done with gaming.

any other hobbies to recommend? i was thinking of gardening.
You have to have a lot of patience and accept that sometimes it's all for nothing. I had a real nice pumpkin patch going all summer, watered it every night and then an emergency happened and i had to leave town for three day's. I couldn't let my cats out during that time and the rodents didn't get scared away and animals came and ate all of my pumpkins... all that time down the drain...