Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes dramatic work is hack level aside from the Lakers show and even that got grating at times with the talking to the cameras

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Elizabeth Holmes is being sentenced this month.
If she aint getting "black man with some weed" time....imma be pissed.

I imagine this movie would still be atleast a year ....maybe even two from seeing the theaters.
Im sure thats enough time for a "remake" and it will atleast end with the villain actually getting their comeuppance(assuming she gets that 20 years)........having fucked so many people over yet still getting to be rich, free and partying on yachts is not the ending i expect to any villain story

Smart move.

She needs a good movie to restart her career.
Ice Cold.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The movie will happen without her lol she doesn't need to bad mouth the entire production.

Is it necessary? No. What is? I'd say the series was actually made too early.

Make it tho; who cares? I'd watch it and I'm sure millions of others would enjoy it too.

A movie is way more easily digestible than a series. Which reminds me I need to catch The Dropout.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i thought the Dropout was just okay but yeah i don't feel like it's a story that needs to be told again. ten or so years from now, sure

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The descriptions to the Weird Al movie make it sound like a spiritual successor to Walk Hard and I am so excited for it.
I hope it's a Spiritual Successor to Swiss Army Man.
MV5BMTkwNTIyNzgxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc4ODgyOTE@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,47,500,281_.jpg

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Imagine being an actor going into a project and seeing someone else nail the character you are going to be portraying months before you are supposed to even start.

It must be soul-crushing.

I want a Talledega Nights sequel.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being an actor going into a project and seeing someone else nail the character you are going to be portraying months before you are supposed to even start.

It must be soul-crushing.

I want a Talledega Nights sequel.
🤣 That's prob. where this is coming from, let's be honest.

As a guitar player, I've been upstaged many a time... but you still gotta gopher it!

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Lol hasn't this happened before where the tv show adaptation and movie adaptation try to rush to see which goes first?

(Candy is a weird one, I think the Chippindales story is also a contender. )

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A couple of dud films and what he did in regards to Will Ferrell that have soured some in him. Remember this?
www.resetera.com

Adam McKay Opens Up About Split With Will Ferrell, States "I Fucked Up,"

It's an interesting read, sadly business came in the way of friendship and that ultimately ended theirs, made me wonder why we haven't seen any projects with them recently. https://www.ign.com/articles/adam-mckay-will-ferrell-split-explained
Who needs enemies with friends like this

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I watched the first episode of The Dropout thanks to this thread. Good stuff.

Amanda Seyfried deserves more roles in big productions imo.

Oct 30, 2017
We really don't need two films about this fraud. McKay needs to quit it with these real-life biopics. Let's get a Stepbrothers sequel instead.

Two movies was bananas. Hollywood got a little too excited about a pretty blonde woman doing shitty things

the dropout is a hulu series. this would've been the first movie.

that said, yeah i don't know if anyone's like "man if only there was a movie about theranos" at this point.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing she didn't see Battle Royale before filming Hunger Games then.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The Theranos story is at least pretty interesting, but I'm really not vibing with the trend of "tech-entrepeneur origin story" movies that have been cropping up since The Social Network.

TSN
is outstanding, really great movie despite me having literally 0 interest in learning more about Facebook, or Zuckerberg. It's just a good film. But since then we've had two Steve Jobs movies, the recent WeCrashed about WeWork, The Playlist about Spotify, I think(?) as well as The Dropout and apparently another movie in the works.

Maybe it's just me, but I have 0 interest whatsoever in learning more about most of these almost deified figures, even if their portrayal isn't always overly positive. Feels a bit like the "Do Not Do This Cool Thing" syndrome where showing them in such detail or with such a high degree of attention elevates them by default.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm someone who knew nothing about this scandal and I'm on the last episode of The Dropout and it's insanely good.