modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Conversations I've had with people are "Now Ubisoft is changing their mentality big time." Now it's all about [how] you have to pitch your game as being super unique, having some unique aspect to it. It all sounds really wild. It's this really crazy atmosphere.

Also about the recent delays if gods and monsters and watch dogs legion:
  • Gods and Monsters had a very tight deadline. The team working on it was most of the team behind AC Odyssey which came out in late 2018. Schreier had heard people at E3 talk about how it was shaping up to be pretty messy.
  • Watch Dogs Legion was originally planned to release this fall but was pushed back to March. The cause for this delay is probably just because the main system is really complex.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not surprised about the reasons for the delays, we've barely seen Gods and Monsters and Watch Dogs is pretty ambitious.

Either way, I can't wait until we see more from both.

Oct 27, 2017
Breakpoint must have been massively underperformed if they're changing the whole company direction based on its performance.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
That Watch Dogs Legion quote is just talking about the original March release date, no? The more recent delay into FY 2021 is different?

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Incentivise detail and immersion and I'm there day one.

Throw in a good gameplay foundation with a good gameplay loop and you'll have me there forever.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God. All their games felt the same, surprised it took them this long to realize that was a bad idea.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Between that and the slight hints we're getting that EA might be changing a few things to, I'm liking the trend quite a lot.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank GOD. Assassin's Creed has been such a deep poison to game design. The whole "Ubisoft the Game: [Insert Location Here] Edition" method of design needs to end.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Hopefully they do change their mind, and create more genre diverse games.

Also, a sequel to Valiant Hearts and Rayman Legends AND POP2008, GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Ubisoft is kinda underrated. They need to stop pressing the GAAS stuff though

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
He Ubi.

maxresdefault.jpg

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Quick somebody pitch a unique Splinter Cell game before they change their minds.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft have shifted quite a few times, feels like you can divide Ubi into eras quite easily output wise. Maybe the Far Cry design era is coming to an end.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So like, there's these towers, and when you get to the top of them it unlocks parts of the map...

Brilliant! Sold!

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
This is a good thing, despite their many (many) downfalls at times, Ubisoft makes some really good games

Just they usually end up tainted by one thing or another (usually of the MTX sort)

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Personally I hope this means developers will pitch assassins creed in more non standard regions that arent already heavily featured in other media.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they've learnt to prioritise fun gameplay and surprises in their games.
Might as well ask for Rayman 4 now (lol)

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I really don't see how this is a bad thing.Ubisoft games have became so one note. If I've never seen the game before I would be able to tell it's a Ubisoft game just based on the structure of the game.

Sesha

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was the point of BG&E 2?

I guess it sounds good on paper, but pardon me if I stay skeptical about Ubisoft's ability to not mess things up still.

Bring back Rayman? Please? Pretty please?
Can they make a new Rayman then?
Hopefully they do change their mind, and create more genre diverse games.

Also, a sequel to Valiant Hearts and Rayman Legends AND POP2008, GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

Rayman is not gonna happen while Ancel is busy with BG&E2.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sounds good but I'll wait and see, its really hard these days for me to take anything publishers try to do without a grain of salt

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Good. I hope they move away from the cookie cutter, open world template they've been stamping out for over decade now.

I think we're due for a Prince of Persia reboot.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
About time, they make the most boring/cookie cutter games in the business.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I think that maybe every big publisher trying to chase GaaS might have caused a burnout not just in the consumer but even in the developers. I'm not saying GaaS will disappear but the stories we heard about Fortnite, and a couple of other of these titles might be a reason for the publisher to change up a bit.