• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Finally finished rerolling, fell asleep in the middle of it, finally stopped with Abaddon, Ragna, and Elfalla, and then I rolled again for two Lilys, one 4 star, and another Abaddon, really like how unique each of the characters looks in design and in battle. Will probably replaced the Dissidia game with this, was starting to get bored with it.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Grand Summoner complaint #23: There are way, way too many screens to get through after a battle. First you have that stupid tip, then the result screen, then the quest screen, then the XP screen, then the drop screen, and if you get a new character or item at any point, you have a separate screen for that. It's just too slow and clunky when you want to grind out some maps. I know it sounds small, but it's really these small things that have a big impact on whether I spend time on a game or not.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Can any european access Opera Omnia on ios ? There was a planned maintenance today but all I ever get when launching it is a message that there is a new version of the app and to download it. Joke is that there isn't a new version of the app.

Dusan Jovic

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
User banned 7 days: Using homophobic slur
Literally just updated FF Opera Omnia, no issues here. Eurofag btw

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Pangya Mobile soft launched in Thailand! I grabbed it off the iOS store but it's up on Android aswell, is anybody here playing?

I'm playing it, but I'm a bit disappointed that I'm still getting the same awful performance issues I had in the beta. Multiplayer matches in particular stutter like crazy, to the point where it interferes with the shot timing. Is that just my phone model (although it should be more than capable enough), or is it the same for you?

Other than that, it's nice to actually have an arcade golf game on mobile, so I'll keep playing it. And it's nice that Pangya as a franchise isn't totally dead yet. The game seems pretty stingy with premium currency so far though, and the 1% drop rates for the highest rarity aren't going to help.

Also probably worth mentioning that it is fully in English, for anyone interested.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
In Grand Summoners, does anyone know how to access the sub-story to farm Rayas' 5* material?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing it, but I'm a bit disappointed that I'm still getting the same awful performance issues I had in the beta. Multiplayer matches in particular stutter like crazy, to the point where it interferes with the shot timing. Is that just my phone model (although it should be more than capable enough), or is it the same for you?

Other than that, it's nice to actually have an arcade golf game on mobile, so I'll keep playing it. And it's nice that Pangya as a franchise isn't totally dead yet. The game seems pretty stingy with premium currency so far though, and the 1% drop rates for the highest rarity aren't going to help.

Also probably worth mentioning that it is fully in English, for anyone interested.

Hmm I see, did you try setting the game on Low settings to be sure? The game struggled a bit on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 no matter if beta or final but on my iPhone 6S it's smooth as butter even on high settings. I did get some hitches in PvP though which is probably lag, we have to keep in mind that the current player population is presumably almost all SEA based so people from the US or EU will bound to have a few lag issues in PvP. I agree with your sentiments though, it does seem very stingy and grindy but I'm just glad Pangya still exists.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm I see, did you try setting the game on Low settings to be sure?

I actually tried at both low and high settings, and it surprisingly doesn't seem to make any difference. The game even seems to run a bit better on high settings for some reason. It's not that big of a problem in singleplayer anyway, and I don't really care too much about multiplayer until tournaments get enabled.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I actually tried at both low and high settings, and it surprisingly doesn't seem to make any difference. The game even seems to run a bit better on high settings for some reason. It's not that big of a problem in singleplayer anyway, and I don't really care too much about multiplayer until tournaments get enabled.

Okay that's odd, High settings were literally unplayble for me on my Redmi Note 4 but if your phone can handle them I suspect something else is going on, hopefully they iron the game out more by the time it gets officially available in more places. The engine and art is quite beautiful! Also alright, yeah I'm also looking forward to tournaments and hopefully more old courses (settings) returning! The game really needs an option to enable left-handed controls though, as it stands I have to lay my phone on a desk to properly play or I can't hit Pangya's reliably.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I really like about Grand Summoners is the co-op aspect. It basically eliminates the need for stamina refreshes for farming materials because you can just spam co-op where someone else is hosting..

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sword Art Online: Integral Factor english version upcoming soon it seems.

https://prereg-en.bn-ent.net/common/serial.php?app=SAOIF-EN

This is the MMO-lite SAO mobile game.
JP version required VPN unfortunately, so I never tried it.
Nice! Here's hoping it's not as "grindy" as Memory Defrag. Fun system, but man the grind...

One thing I really like about Grand Summoners is the co-op aspect. It basically eliminates the need for stamina refreshes for farming materials because you can just spam co-op where someone else is hosting..
Yeah, it's always nice to see that. Gives you something to do after you burn through your stamina.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are Dups useful in Grand Summoner?

I've been rerolling and finally got Ragna and Herck. I ended up with 2 Ragna and not sure if its required for skillups or useable

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It is grindy apparently, but more like MMO-grindy than a "no stamina" mobage-grindy.
I'll take it! I'm fairly conditioned to MMO's so I'm hoping it's not too bad, I just really got tired of the grind in MD.

Are Dups useful in Grand Summoner?

I've been rerolling and finally got Ragna and Herck. I ended up with 2 Ragna and not sure if its required for skillups or useable
Only usable for LB'ing IIRC, but I could be wrong.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to re-roll a few more times in Grand Summoner, finally got a great account.

Ragna
Herck
Valhalla
Dargeon
Vaid
Lily

Just a tip to those re-rolling, if you do a single summon BEFORE your first multi, you'll get two guaranteed 5* out of it (one for the single, and another for the multi). If you pull the single AFTER the first multi, it no longer gives a guaranteed 5*.

Happy re-rolling!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to re-roll a few more times in Grand Summoner, finally got a great account.

Great account to start, now use that 5000 Alch to Ragna or to Valhalla (I think Ragna gets better value and mileage). Valhalla is the key unit to clear PRO dungeons.

Screenshot_20180211-143639.png

With Valhalla as leader, you are guaranteed to not get kicked from coops (when it is lvl 70).
Do remember that if every player has same food, party gets +20 Luck.

Why to do PRO?

Well, it seems it drops eq's (and other stuff too).

Screenshot_20180211-133930.png
Screenshot_20180211-143539.png

Iam not sure what kind of pool of eqs in PRO has and if its going to be nerfed or not.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Great account to start, now use that 5000 Alch to Ragna or to Valhalla (I think Ragna gets better value and mileage). Valhalla is the key unit to clear PRO dungeons.

Screenshot_20180211-143639.png

With Valhalla as leader, you are guaranteed to not get kicked from coops (when it is lvl 70).
Do remember that if every player has same food, party gets +20 Luck.

Why to do PRO?

Well, it seems it drops eq's (and other stuff too).

Screenshot_20180211-133930.png
Screenshot_20180211-143539.png

Iam not sure what kind of pool of eqs in PRO has and if its going to be nerfed or not.
Thanks!

Yeah, I'll probably use the LB stone on Ragna, since he apparently keeps his worth a lot longer than Valhalla does. That being said, I'm happy to have the latter, as I really wanted some form of a healer and it'll be nice to be able to find groups for co-op (for the reasons you stated). It's tempting to try for Regulus, but in all of the re-rolls I've done I've only gotten him once. All of the other times it was Arch (one of the starting units), so I'm not about to take the risk again on my current account, even if Regulus is still top tier in Japan. I'd rather use the gems for a guaranteed worth, with the LB stone.

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know where to get the Seafood Soup needed in The Subquest, A Girls Feelings? I've been running the snow level and haven't been able to find it, as the description says.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know where to get the Seafood Soup needed in The Subquest, A Girls Feelings? I've been running the snow level and haven't been able to find it, as the description says.
Which game, Grand Summoners? Sorry, I'd help, but I've only started playing, after re-rolling for the past couple of days.

BTW, I tried an Alchemy pull on one of my past re-rolled accounts, and got Feena. She kind of sucks now, but when she gets her 6* Awakening she apparently becomes amazing (rated 13 on Gamy, and tied with Regulus). Since she's only obtainable from Alchemy pulls, and the fact that more characters will be added over time making her more difficult to get, I'm kind of debating going with the account that has her. The only downside...no Valhalla, but it does have Ragna, Herck, Eden, and Abbadon (as well as Feena, obviously). I'm hoping with Eden, and his damage reduction, it hopefully makes up for a lack of a healer, at least for now. That being said, I'll still keep my previous account around until I get my second set of Alchemy pulls and then decide. If I manage to get Regulus or Feena on it, then I'll switch back and make it my main.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Also I got information its better to use Alch to pull than to LB stone. Tho I don't know when one should pull :) (As in wait for 6 months or 6 weeks or so).
Yeah, apparently LB stones are pretty common with events, so it's better to do pulls for the characters. As for when to spend, people recommend now, since you have a 40% chance to get either Regulus or Feena, both of which evolve into incredible 6* characters (when their evolutions are released), with Regulus already being an amazing character. The longer you wait to spend, the larger the Alchemy pool will become.

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
Decided to reroll for a while. Got a account with:

Yomi
Valhalla
Herck
Dargeon
Abaddon

Should I keep it or reroll?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Yomi
Valhalla
Herck
Dargeon
Abaddon

Should I keep it or reroll?
Herck is future-proof, and Valhalla is the only current healer (although he does fall off later on). It's not a bad account, as Yomi, Dargeon and Abaddon are viable characters, though they aren't as viable later on as Ragna/Herck.

Most people recommend either Ragna/Herck + Valhalla, which you already have. Ragna probably would have been better (if you got him along with what you had, it'd be a deifnite keep), but even still, that's a very solid account.

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
Herck is future-proof, and Valhalla is the only current healer (although he does fall off later on). It's not a bad account, as Yomi, Dargeon and Abaddon are viable characters, though they aren't as viable later on as Ragna/Herck.

Most people recommend either Ragna/Herck + Valhalla, which you already have. Ragna probably would have been better (if you got him along with what you had, it'd be a deifnite keep), but even still, that's a very solid account.

I'll save it and reroll for a bit more. If nothing else turns up I'll just play with this one. Thanks!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, apparently LB stones are pretty common with events, so it's better to do pulls for the characters. As for when to spend, people recommend now, since you have a 40% chance to get either Regulus or Feena

Yea, small mistake for my part that I used 5k to LB orb. Oh well my Herck is LB5 and I can focus future LB orbs to Eden. I have made I think 5 multipulls in units and 4 in EQ.

People say that it would be better to save gems than pull from eq gacha. I have gotten ok luck with unit & eq gacha, but now at saving mode (160 gems saved). I like how smooth multiplay is in this game and how coop orientated game is.

That is good account, go for it.

I'll save it and reroll for a bit more. If nothing else turns up I'll just play with this one. Thanks!

Or do this :D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No worries.

Do you know about the guaranteed 5*/single summon trick? Basically, if you do a single summon before your first multi, you'll get a second guaranteed 5* out of each re-roll. Just do the single summon, get the 5*, go to your missions and claim the 5 gem reward for summoning a character, your first multi (which guarantees a second 5*), and then another multi afterwards (if you want). It makes re-rolling and getting what you want a little easier.

Best of luck!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Do you know about the guaranteed 5*/single summon trick?

I have to test this another way round and sacrifice 5 gems. I mean I haven't done any single pulls.

-> Nope got 4* max unit.

Learned that drop eq's are stronger than gacha (sounds weird, so I need to get more info if it truly is so). And Rainbow Orbs one gets LBing unit past max.

Also there will be future quests where you can only use one element, so 4* can be used there (unless one has enough 5* units).

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
For GS, how does then ENG compare with the JP. Usually, the JP version is a bit more F2P-friendly, but I'm sorta interested in checking out the localization.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For GS, how does then ENG compare with the JP. Usually, the JP version is a bit more F2P-friendly, but I'm sorta interested in checking out the localization.
I'm not sure, as I've never played the JP version. From what I can see, it's more or less what they got when it launched. As for it being F2P, eventually we'll get guaranteed 5* on multi-pulls (at least, during certain times), so if you save up for those (after getting a decent re-roll account), you shouldn't have too much trouble. The game is heavily-favored towards co-op anyway, so if you need help that's always an option.

The game is very BF-inspired, but without the whole spark mechanic (it's more of an equipment-based system, where you manage different abilities). It takes a little getting used to, given the frantic nature of battles. It seems fun enough, though.

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
That is good account, go for it.

Or do this :D

No worries.

Do you know about the guaranteed 5*/single summon trick? Basically, if you do a single summon before your first multi, you'll get a second guaranteed 5* out of each re-roll. Just do the single summon, get the 5*, go to your missions and claim the 5 gem reward for summoning a character, your first multi (which guarantees a second 5*), and then another multi afterwards (if you want). It makes re-rolling and getting what you want a little easier.

Best of luck!

Yeah, I knew about the trick thanks to you. ;p

Rerolled some more and got this account now:

Valhalla - Ragna - Elfalla - Lily

compared to my earlier one

Yomi -Valhalla - Herck - Dargeon - Abaddon

Play with one or keep rerolling?

Oct 25, 2017

Meanwhile bf2 got a release date! 2/22

Im hearing they are ditching gacha units so I'm curious how they are gonna make money

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
inb4 new limited units every week. Buy in bulk NOW. Still will be cheaper than gacha.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Whoa... I'm only now just hearing of this guaranteed 5* trick... It only works before the first multi summon? That's crazy!

Also, I'm sad about the idea of BF2 ditching gacha characters. I'll never be able to get excited about weapon gacha; there's simply nothing exciting about it, to me. Hopefully there's more to it but this game is seeming to be about as much as a misfire as Terra Battle 2 was to me.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm sad about the idea of BF2 ditching gacha characters. I'll never be able to get excited about weapon gacha; there's simply nothing exciting about it, to me. Hopefully there's more to it but this game is seeming to be about as much as a misfire as Terra Battle 2 was to me.
No, they're ditching gacha in favor of actually buying the units you want with gems.

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
Buy the units you want and then....costumes. Money making 101. Isn't Kings Raid doing the same? Or many games from GameEvil...forgot the Title.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
King's Raid took that approach. You bought units with currency so you could pick and choose who you wanted. They made their money by weapon gacha though. They were usually a necessity took especially on dps and healers.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Buy the units you want and then....costumes. Money making 101. Isn't Kings Raid doing the same? Or many games from GameEvil...forgot the Title.

If the industry as a whole moved to the "pay for cosmetics" approach, I would 100% support it.