May 31, 2022
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
VGC has reported on this interview between Sony's Shuhei Yoshida and Final Fantasy 16 producer Naoki Yoshida, Yoshida has suggested in this interview that younger people as creators could lead Final Fantasy 17:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh7Ti0b_bY

www.videogameschronicle.com

Younger creators could lead Final Fantasy 17, producer suggests | VGC

“It would be good to look to the future and bring in a younger generation”…

Final Fantasy 16 producer Naoki Yoshida has suggested that the next game in the series could be helmed by a younger generation of creators.

Speaking to Sony's Shuhei Yoshida in an Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences interview, Yoshida was asked if he would be directing Final Fantasy 17.

"I'm on the board of directors now so I really need to watch what I say here," he replied. "For the moment, I'll just say that nothing's been decided yet.

"That said, if I had to say anything about that… I've had the chance to work on two of these games, XIV and XVI, so maybe it's time for someone new, you know.

"Instead of having the same old guys handle the next game, I think in some ways it would be good to look to the future and bring in a younger generation with more youthful sensibilities, to make a new Final Fantasy with challenges that suit today's world."

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017