• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Really liking Jim's new approach covering multiple topics. I presume if a big topic comes up they'll make the whole episode about it but happy so far.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't been able to watch it all yet but the cyberpunk section was amazing

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I'm constantly amazed by the random stock footage videos Jim uses in the videos lol
Like the guy getting angry over a laptop not working while he's in a bath full of petals?
3 women dancing with an inflatable cat face?
So funny and weird lol

Also Seedy PR is so getting some use in future

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Jim and all that they do even though I like AAA games (assuming they work properly). This latest vid hits so many great topics, also enjoy the multi-story approach. Keep up the great work Jim.

OP
OP
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Feb 24, 2018
It really did surprise me about the news and reaction to the Star Wars Ubisoft news and agree it's disappointing Ubisoft's abuse did kind of been forgotten.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Finally caught up on his vids. (Had to watch all the way back to Game of the Year)

Wasn't aware of the GTA6 thing, but it doesn't surprise me IN THE LEAST. Because of course that's what would set people off.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Legit crazy how easily Ubisoft swept the fact that they protected predators under the rug.

Good video considering how awful the material is that they need to cover.

Oct 26, 2017
Legit crazy how easily Ubisoft swept the fact that they protected predators under the rug.

Good video considering how awful the material is that they need to cover.
I'll echo what everbody here is saying, it's just sad how fast Ubisoft got away with their shit.
It was pretty much given that the moment a new Assassins Creed/Watch Dogs were released all would be forgiven. Same will happen when they patch/offer free dlc for Cyberpunk and the next Witcher is released. Some people simply don't give a damn.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In lighter news, will it be Jimquisition or Jamequisition on Monday? Because on one hand there is powerful branding and history behind Jimquisition, but on the other hand, new name!

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
In lighter news, will it be Jimquisition or Jamequisition on Monday? Because on one hand there is powerful branding and history behind Jimquisition, but on the other hand, new name!

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be a 30 minute video devoted to our favorite demonspawn, Bobby Kotick.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Their name's practically a brand name at this point, I don't imagine they'd stop using "Jim Sterling" professionally.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Not had chance to watch it yet other than the first few seconds but they are ROCKING that wig, really suits them

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Good video like all of Jim's content. I am glad they are happy to show themself off and they look great.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Thank god for Sterling, still trying to get use to their new name so I'll stick with the last name for now.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I wish someone would ask me if I needed help with my groceries. :(

What a dumb response from the studio though. Fuck antivaxxers.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god for Sterling, still trying to get use to their new name so I'll stick with the last name for now.
Wait did they say that that's no longer their name? Their YouTube channel still says Jim, but I don't know how easy that is to change so it may just be a holdover.

Never mind: Just saw the end of the video, I see. Good for them!

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Cooking up some monster meat and eating it in front of said monster.

......Who is the real monster in this scenario?!?!?!

OP
OP
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Feb 24, 2018
That bit about the Pokemon cards and how adults buy in mass to resell stuff for kids is something I've seen way too many times in my experience.

I'm a Transformers fans and scalping there is just insane for most toys to the point I just gave up buying Transformers of the characters I like because it was pointless get them, like I could get original G1 toys in pretty condition for cheaper then some of prices I was seeing for Titan's Return or Power of the Primes. I can't imagine how much it sucks worse for parents or kids wanting an Optimus Prime.

I've seen the same with Marvel toys, MLP, DC Super Hero Girls, Hotwheels, Star Wars etc etc etc. It's why it bothers me when people smuggly say, "Kids should play with physical toys more often to help with their imagination instead of just video games!". Besides other things, HOW WHEN SCALPERS TOOK THEM ALL!!!???

Also for f*** toy companies, make more affordable toys for kids, not every Transformer needs to cost over £10.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I didn't realize how bad this shit has gotten when they're basically starting to do this with any and everything with perceived value or demand. Buying physical shit is going to get monstrously hard if not outright impossible if the practice isn't outlawed and retailers step their shit up. It would have happened with shit like alcohol, toiliet paper and sanitizer had the feds not stepped in because people ABSOLUTELY were going to try.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
It's 100% the truth. But it's an indictment of capitalism, not a defense of the scalpers.
Oh yeah, "blame capitalism" as if that's the only culprit here. We can't hold scalpers responsible and we can't hold the buyers responsible... so who's accountable for capitalism? Is there someone you can contact for complaints?

"You can't complain because it's not illegal and it's inherently part of the economic system" is such a non-argument that leads literally nowhere. I mean it's legal until we decide it isn't. It can be deemed as a part of the conventional economical structure until it isn't, either because it's illegal or simply because it isn't beneficial for the economy as a whole. It's completely arbitrary at the end of the day.

Last edited: