Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read that and thought at first "who the fuck is against lesbian dating sites" until it dawned on me how unhinged and hateful she is.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Her ego has become so insanely huge that she must just sit there bored in her castle thinking to herself, what dickhead opinions can I get away with today and have all my minions agree with me.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
The government has introduced an emergency banning order for... puberty blockers for trans kids (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2024/727/pdfs/uksi_20240727_en.pdf). It was made at the end of the day yesterday, comes into force on 3rd June and lasts 3 months. Because it's an emergency order it hasn't gone through the required steps such as speak to relevant and affected groups and organisations.

We were so close to the end of parliament and they couldn't resist fucking us over one last time, the fact that they've done this and today is the final day of parliament makes me wonder if they are going to try and drop something else in too.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The government has introduced an emergency banning order for... puberty blockers for trans kids (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2024/727/pdfs/uksi_20240727_en.pdf). It was made at the end of the day yesterday, comes into force on 3rd June and lasts 3 months. Because it's an emergency order it hasn't gone through the required steps such as speak to relevant and affected groups and organisations.

We were so close to the end of parliament and they couldn't resist fucking us over one last time, the fact that they've done this and today is the final day of parliament makes me wonder if they are going to try and drop something else in too.

That's insanely cruel.

Vaenyr

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 16, 2019
Their cruelty really knows no bounds. Just when you think they couldn't possibly stoop any lower...

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
One thing worth clarifying from the gov.uk site:

Patients already established on these medicines by a UK prescriber for these purposes can continue to access them. They will also remain available for patients receiving the drugs for other uses, from a UK-registered prescriber.

Still absolutely awful, but if you know any trans youth on puberty blockers, they should be still able to get their blockers (and you should push back if they can't).

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
One thing worth clarifying from the gov.uk site:

Still absolutely awful, but if you know any trans youth on puberty blockers, they should be still able to get their blockers (and you should push back if they can't).
They've put in that the person has to hand over identity documents such as birth certificate or government ID. Updated birth certificate requires you to be 18+, and puberty blockers are an early stage thing before that. I guess a deed poll/stat dec + birth certificate might work, but then you are outing yourself and the pharmacist can say "nope not the person on the prescription"

Oct 25, 2017

My heart goes out to those affected. What a hateful fucking decision.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
They've put in that the person has to hand over identity documents such as birth certificate or government ID. Updated birth certificate requires you to be 18+, and puberty blockers are an early stage thing before that. I guess a deed poll/stat dec + birth certificate might work, but then you are outing yourself and the pharmacist can say "nope not the person on the prescription"
😔

So frustrating that even the seeming concessions are bullshit when you dig into it.

Feb 24, 2018
Wait, surely you can't pull an emergency ban without an actual emergency or justification or way of rescinding it? That is so messed and so easily abusable. Leave those kids alone. Fuck I'm so worried.

I've been avoiding a lot of news for my own sanity, is their any news or hints Labour will be less shitty or undo any of the Tories actions?

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
I've been avoiding a lot of news for my own sanity, is their any news or hints Labour will be less shitty or undo any of the Tories actions?
Unfortunately no, from what I've seen it'll be more of the same under Labour, not only have they been pivoting more and more in support of their terf politicians like Rosie Duffield but Wes Streeting the Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care has gone down this rabbit hole too saying trans people in hospitals should be in their own segregated areas and recently said that he was wrong in the past when he said transwomen are women

Feb 24, 2018
Unfortunately no, from what I've seen it'll be more of the same under Labour, not only have they been pivoting more and more in support of their terf politicians like Rosie Duffield but Wes Streeting the Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care has gone down this rabbit hole too saying trans people in hospitals should be in their own segregated areas and recently said that he was wrong in the past when he said transwomen are women
Oh for fuck sake :(

Yeah I'm sticking to my guns and not voting for them either. God I wish the rot in the Government system would go away. Let people live.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Time and time again, the response from the vast majority people for trans people is support, at best, or just indifference, at worst.

But there's a disconnect between the media/political class and real people that, instead of calling Rowling a bigot or ensuring people like Duffield have the whip removed, continues the idea that the majority hate trans people.

Don't vote Labour. They don't deserve your vote and not just for this.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017

2 days before the start of Pride month as well, horrid twats.

And it's really shitty that Labour aren't going to be much better, I don't honestly know who to even vote for anymore in July.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really hope as the leadup to the wizard show gets nearer and nearer and she gets more and more brazen and unhinged more of her posts get put into the spotlight for people to see who she really is and just maaaaaybe put some kind of pressure on WB

But I'm probably just being optimistic about how much cis straight folk actually care about all this. Wouldn't want them to have to not be able to support their precious wizard shit.

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope as the leadup to the wizard show gets nearer and nearer and she gets more and more brazen and unhinged more of her posts get put into the spotlight for people to see who she really is and just maaaaaybe put some kind of pressure on WB

But I'm probably just being optimistic about how much cis straight folk actually care about all this. Wouldn't want them to have to not be able to support their precious wizard shit.
They're asking for a 10 year commitment from whomever they select as showrunner, and are deep into pre-production. It hurts my soul knowing how deeply she is going to be involved, and how much extra money she's going to receive from it all.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
The policy is insidious too, you will need birth certificate/gov ID to fill the prescription.... but blockers are for earlier on than you can get an updated birth certificate. A GRC can only be applied for after 2 years and by 18+, with a lot of supporting evidence. A deed poll and stat dec aren't gov ID so won't be accepted under this policy. If you are lucky you might get the passport office to accept a deed poll and deadnamed birth certificate, but it's not a guarantee.

So you have to be out socially for at least 2 years and 18+ to apply for a GRC, to then apply for your new birth certificate and finally get your blocker. But that GRC needs a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria too, so you have to wait for your clinic appointments to get that diagnosis too, which is a multiyear wait for a first appointment at adult clinics, and I'm not sure if there are kids ones still running.

In short, only kids (and adults) already in the system will continue to receive blockers and new patients will be frozen out while this policy is in place.

edit: I hope someone can point out something I've missed to make it seem a little less bleak

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
They're asking for a 10 year commitment from whomever they select as showrunner, and are deep into pre-production. It hurts my soul knowing how deeply she is going to be involved, and how much extra money she's going to receive from it all.
They still don't have writers so maybe that's something? I saw some people having talked about refusing to work with her production company these days so there's certainly been a shift.

Her transphobia is a daily occurrence and it is catching up with her. There's been a lot more news outlets and as a result, regular people, taking notice.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They still don't have writers so maybe that's something? I saw some people having talked about refusing to work with her production company these days so there's certainly been a shift.

Her transphobia is a daily occurrence and it is catching up with her. There's been a lot more news outlets and as a result, regular people, taking notice.
Be curious to see what actors sign up to do the show. Even the young actors they get who probably don't know much about her hatred and bigotry will be exposed to it pretty quickly as they grow up.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Be curious to see what actors sign up to do the show. Even the young actors they get who probably don't know much about her hatred and bigotry will be exposed to it pretty quickly as they grow up.

The whole thing is so ill-conceived. There's no way Joanne will ever stop her behavior - she's now admitted that her loved ones tried and she's not going to listen. She's only gotten worse since 2020, and it's only going to continue with her outright targeting of trans people just trying to live their lives peacefully that we've seen her messing about with the past few months.

Anyone working with her (like Tom Burke, who recently took the cowardly way out of the conversation), or is looking to sign up to work for her, will undoubtedly find out about her true colors. She's not some savior of women, or liberal champion she was once perceived to be. She's trending almost every week for terrible things, and younger people are absolutely being exposed to that, if not more than your typical Facebook mom (who is now also being exposed to that reality).

And that's on top of the fact that it's not the early 2000s anymore. Productions have changed, and the original HP films were a massive undertaking that wouldn't happen today for a multitude of logistical reasons. Getting anyone to commit to 10 years with Joanne's ever increasing hatred and bigotry feels like career suicide, especially for any young folk.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The whole thing is so ill-conceived. There's no way Joanne will ever stop her behavior - she's now admitted that her loved ones tried and she's not going to listen. She's only gotten worse since 2020, and it's only going to continue with her outright targeting of trans people just trying to live their lives peacefully that we've seen her messing about with the past few months.

Anyone working with her (like Tom Burke, who recently took the cowardly way out of the conversation), or is looking to sign up to work for her, will undoubtedly find out about her true colors. She's not some savior of women, or liberal champion she was once perceived to be. She's trending almost every week for terrible things, and younger people are absolutely being exposed to that, if not more than your typical Facebook mom (who is now also being exposed to that reality).

And that's on top of the fact that it's not the early 2000s anymore. Productions have changed, and the original HP films were a massive undertaking that wouldn't happen today for a multitude of logistical reasons. Getting anyone to commit to 10 years with Joanne's ever increasing hatred and bigotry feels like career suicide, especially for any young folk.

That book of essays coming out sounds utterly horrific.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
That book of essays coming out sounds utterly horrific.
I saw the sample, she opens the thing by painting anyone who says trans women are women as 'misogynistic and dangerous', and she basically admits that the whole middle-aged moment was nothing but a lie because she was holding back from 'breaking cover' as she says until 2019.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
It's all she does now, she is on the transphobia train 24/7. Much like Glinner before her it has consumed her brain and it's all she can think about and all ills of the worlds are caused by trans people some how.

Sep 10, 2018
I saw the sample, she opens the thing by painting anyone who says trans women are women as 'misogynistic and dangerous', and she basically admits that the whole middle-aged moment was nothing but a lie because she was holding back from 'breaking cover' as she says until 2019.

I had always assumed this was the case. Same with Glinner.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
JKR: If trans people were discriminated on the basis of being trans I'd march with them

JKR: Trans healthcare should be illegal, trans people should be publicly sexually harassed, and trans women are inherently misogynists who need to be locked up

Honestly still surprised she hasn't deleted that tweet saying she'd "support" us, but she also really doesn't have to care because transphobia is already illogical and hateful and that doesn't actually sway anyone.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
JKR: If trans people were discriminated on the basis of being trans I'd march with them

JKR: Trans healthcare should be illegal, trans people should be publicly sexually harassed, and trans women are inherently misogynists who need to be locked up

Honestly still surprised she hasn't deleted that tweet saying she'd "support" us, but she also really doesn't have to care because transphobia is already illogical and hateful and that doesn't actually sway anyone.
Because she will never admit to being wrong.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
She won't delete it because while it's there her supporters will continue to insist it's true despite everything that's happened since.

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah I just don't know how you could ethically feel comfortable working with Rowling or think you're doing good work.

I feel like it should be obvious and I'm preaching to the Choir but don't buy any pride stuff from WB or anything Rowling is tied to. I'd say don't buy pride stuff from any corporation in general and support independent LGBTQ+ people, but I know I'd fail that if Capcom had Cammy come out gay or Penny as trans from Pokemon but don't give WB or Rowling any money that month.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yeah I just don't know how you could ethically feel comfortable working with Rowling or think you're doing good work.

I feel like it should be obvious and I'm preaching to the Choir but don't buy any pride stuff from WB or anything Rowling is tied to. I'd say don't buy pride stuff from any corporation in general and support independent LGBTQ+ people, but I know I'd fail that if Capcom had Cammy come out gay or Penny as trans from Pokemon but don't give WB or Rowling any money that month.
While I absolutely am here for the "do not buy from wb/anything Rowling is tied to" energy. Companies releasing pride merch or doing stuff during pride is good, and should be encouraged as well as holding them to that energy through the rest of the year. Popular IP pride merch and big corp pride merch is great for people in say smaller towns, or who aren't quite out to everyone and don't feel totally safe and can pass it off as something else.

Feb 24, 2018
While I absolutely am here for the "do not buy from wb/anything Rowling is tied to" energy. Companies releasing pride merch or doing stuff during pride is good, and should be encouraged as well as holding them to that energy through the rest of the year. Popular IP pride merch and big corp pride merch is great for people in say smaller towns, or who aren't quite out to everyone and don't feel totally safe and can pass it off as something else.
I feel for me, I just feel too worried I might be giving pride money to corps who are actively abusing their LGBTQ+ workers or pushing for less LGBTQ+ content against the creators wants. Ubisoft (which I've also refused to buy anything of) was such eye-opener and chilled me to the bone. Like I said, I fully am aware I'm a hypocrite here because if Capcom or the PKMN company did pride stuff I'd buy it, not sure how to feel about that.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017

Given that big companies use literal slave and child labor to boost their profits nothing someone is willing to do in our current system really surprises me anymore.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
She won't delete it because while it's there her supporters will continue to insist it's true despite everything that's happened since.
Yep, they keep parroting the disingenuous line of "show me when has she ever been transphobic", and that tells me all it needs to right there. They're not interested in good faith or intelligent conversations.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
This is less directly related to trans rights, but given the UK election, the stakes of it all, and how transphobia can very clearly lead to other bigotries (or vice versa), it's probably worth mentioning:

View: https://x.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1796169336144429092?t=oz3-w0V8HF4lSLw0kx4uKw&s=19

If there's anyone you know who you want to convince to not vote for labour (and obviously not the tories either), this is a different angle of attack that's absolutely just as important, and might be more effective depending on the person.

I don't necessarily have a complete thought here, but I don't know if we can talk about the transphobia of the modern labour party without also talking about how it is currently letting down vulnerable minorities across the board. And maybe that more complete view is valuable for everyone involved? Maybe!

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Waterstones on June 1st - Happy Pride month
Waterstones on June 2nd - Here's a terf book that's a collection of terf writings about why terfism is good.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Reminder that corporations don't actually care about queer people during pride month. They care about optics and making money from it.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I'm kinda glad corps didn't get to hollow out Pride with consumerism but instead fell prey to their greed and unpricipledness too soon.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Nah, pride was hollowed out when the corporate sponsorships started taking centre stage to pinkwash companies LGBT credentials.

My first pride march was 2000/2001 in Leicester and it was about fighting to exist as well as repeal section 28. The public weren't keen on us, the council put up signs practically saying "beware gays marching" and the police were determined that we deserved nothing but contempt from them. Companies fought against LGBT even after legislation.

We've moved a long way from fighting to legally exist but now pride is about bending to the corps more than pushing for equal rights. We now get "does kink belong at pride?" every year as massive companies try and twist it to a more corporate friendly package, while we lose rights and ground to anyone that is "uncomfortable".

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Waterstones on June 1st - Happy Pride month
Waterstones on June 2nd - Here's a terf book that's a collection of terf writings about why terfism is good.
lmfao, so accurate. I'm in Waterstones whenever I'm on the high street and just bury things like Helen Joyce on the odd occasion they resurface. The fact she had the gall to call it 'Trans' too. Have yet to see the latest wine mom martyr diaries but imagine it'll show up at some point.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
lmfao, so accurate. I'm in Waterstones whenever I'm on the high street and just bury things like Helen Joyce on the odd occasion they resurface. The fact she had the gall to call it 'Trans' too. Have yet to see the latest wine mom martyr diaries but imagine it'll show up at some point.
When I was very young I put a chewing gum in a book once or twice because I was a lazy little shit who didn't want to walk to the bin. That caused quite a mess.

Nothing to do with that post. Just a random memory I suddenly recalled...

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
I had a quick look at the watersons site. Our Favourite New Arrivals

Oh aye?
Had a look at the descripton of the book and it's funny how little it mentions about it's true intentons. Instead, more time is spent bragging about how they took down Nicola Sturgon. Not a single mention of what the threat they're bravely standing up to is.
I wonder why?

No, really. Why? Why pretend like it's a great feminist work when it's really just anti-trans ranting? Is anyone they're trying to signal to not aware of what's going on?