SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I normally wouldn't make a thread for this, but I was scrolling through the comments and it was fascinating reading reactions from people who were kids and teens when they first encountered these creepypastas and are adults now. Many were disturbed by them, but for many, it awakened a still-present fascination with combining cute things with gore and horror.

I was in college at the time, and I never had much interest in the horror side of the fandom. The most I did was play Story of the Blanks and watch the PONY.MOV series through SHED.MOV, whereupon I dropped it.

There's a bit at the end talking about the issue that all this content intended for adults was still readily accessible to kids. She seems to think that things like Cupcakes were probably fine, but she draws the line at things like Li'l Miss Rarity, which was much more fetishy, and the art inspired by the original creepypastas often were far more disturbing than the originals.

I still see issues with horror fan content available where kids can see it in newer fandoms—I recall looking through the works of an Amphibia fan artist only to find among various cute images some of a gory Anne with mushrooms growing out of her head (based on an actual episode, but still much more gruesome than what the show presented)—but it's certainly much better than it was during the heyday of the MLP fandom. There were efforts by fans to clean up the Google Image results, but before then, it was extremely easy to just come across them.

Era leans older, so I'm not sure there will be many here that encountered MLP creepypastas growing up, but I'd be interested in your thoughts. Or I suppose creepypastas in general.

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I just watched through this!

I was never in the MLP fandom, but I do remember all those games - Village of the Blanks was scary as hell.

Also Izzzyzzz is a great YouTube! Been loving her stuff recently.

She forms part of the unofficial trinity of Sarah Z and Strange Aeons with their videos on Tumblr and their different perspectives on the craziness that went on there.

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect it to go as deep as Garfield but im not surprised its a thing. Combining cute things with gore is unsettling because its a direct contradiction of human natures predisposition to protect children and similarly cute creatures and characters.