Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
So had an eshop card and the code became unreadable during the scratching process, I've seen people on era guess a box art from like a 2 pixel hint.

Are you a bad enough dude to know what this character sequence is???

EXdsfGK.jpg

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

My gut's saying 772YY for the blurriest bit.

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
None correct yet! Who will win this most epic contest lol.

what if i guess it can i have it?

And we will make it interesting. If someone does get it, if it lets me cancel after confirming it is the working one, I will give it to them! This is for US eshop, 20$

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
And for openness let's just do this. Go to town people with switches, if you crack it, you win $20.

nMeeF2f.jpg

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I will say that the blurriest character, kinda looked like a 4 or an A kinda shape before I made it worse.

Edit: if you do manage to redeem it, please post here so others aren't wasting time!

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
y'all got me on this one zzzz i give up for now

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm close but the eshop has locked me out of entering any codes for the time being due to too many "input errrors" :/

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
R̴̲̫̗̐̂͆̓̽̂̍̍̏K̴̰̦͉̳̟̻͓͍̮͉̯̫̹͍̦͓͗̿͒̈͊̈́̇͐̀̄E̸̛͉̮͕̠̯͎͚̖̯͎̅̓͐͑͊̽͊͝ͅ7̵̢̯̲̣͈̻̮͎̥̳̝͙͎̞͍̮̻̬͓̉̈́͊̂̐͋̿̑̀̿̚͘͝Q̸̧̣̦̺̻̮̘̦̮̳̘̲̟̀̄̀͒̽͊͆̂̐̔̚͝͠2̵̨͔̦̺͕̗̫̍͌́̀̀̀̓̿͌̓̒͘Ṙ̶͓͉̞̠͑̂͒́̈́̓̂̇̅̋̋͆̀̒̚͝͠Ỷ̵̧͙͔͈͉͙̥̟̘̳̹̙̅̏ͅB̴̨̧̡̤̞͍̝̬͚̬̘͍̻̤̗̟͇̓̃͆̈́̐̓͜J̸̛̤̰̳̫̺͇̻͕̦͕̥̎̃͐̏̄͑̇̌̕J̵̢̛͓̼̮̙͖̬͍̰̺͎͓̰̜̀̈̉́͋͜M̴̡̧̭͉̦̺̘̜̲̎̿̊̈͊̈́͑͜͝Q̵̧̛̣̞̥̺̺̏̊̋͛̕͜͝

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
R̴̲̫̗̐̂͆̓̽̂̍̍̏K̴̰̦͉̳̟̻͓͍̮͉̯̫̹͍̦͓͗̿͒̈͊̈́̇͐̀̄E̸̛͉̮͕̠̯͎͚̖̯͎̅̓͐͑͊̽͊͝ͅ7̵̢̯̲̣͈̻̮͎̥̳̝͙͎̞͍̮̻̬͓̉̈́͊̂̐͋̿̑̀̿̚͘͝Q̸̧̣̦̺̻̮̘̦̮̳̘̲̟̀̄̀͒̽͊͆̂̐̔̚͝͠2̵̨͔̦̺͕̗̫̍͌́̀̀̀̓̿͌̓̒͘Ṙ̶͓͉̞̠͑̂͒́̈́̓̂̇̅̋̋͆̀̒̚͝͠Ỷ̵̧͙͔͈͉͙̥̟̘̳̹̙̅̏ͅB̴̨̧̡̤̞͍̝̬͚̬̘͍̻̤̗̟͇̓̃͆̈́̐̓͜J̸̛̤̰̳̫̺͇̻͕̦͕̥̎̃͐̏̄͑̇̌̕J̵̢̛͓̼̮̙͖̬͍̰̺͎͓̰̜̀̈̉́͋͜M̴̡̧̭͉̦̺̘̜̲̎̿̊̈͊̈́͑͜͝Q̵̧̛̣̞̥̺̺̏̊̋͛̕͜͝

I sent a text to my buddy earlier asking him and he replied with zalgo as well. I told him I tried but they won't let you select that font for input, and he said well they shouldn't have printed the card in that font, lol.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried:

Q3K
Q3R
Q3Y
03R
03Y
A3K
A3R
A3Y
43Y
43R
93R
93Y

No luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Not sure if it helps, but lightly washed to see if it helped. Unsure which direction it went lol.

ZckPbgC.jpg

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
B17RKY7Q3WYEDJJMQ

I had a problem with this with Xbox Live cards. That's why most cards should be peeled off instead of scratched off now.

TechWolf

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the second pic it look like B17RKY?3H?DJJMQ
the first ? look like Q but doesnt follow the same shape as last Q
the second ? looked quite clear on the first photo as Y but now it look like...delta?

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Based on the second pic it look like B17RKY?3H?DJJMQ
the first ? look like Q but doesnt follow the same shape as last Q
the second ? looked quite clear on the first photo as Y but now it look like...delta?

Where's the alt key on switch keyboard so I can type delta

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't wanna say this is impossible but it kinda feels like it. Would be a lot easier if you weren't locked out of the eshop every few tries and there's too many letters that could be one thing or the other.

I'm currently working around B17RKY7?3XYDJJMQ but I'm also thinking the K could be a H maybe? Would be a hell of a lot easier if we could see the font list that the eshop card uses as a reference haha.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, I say contact Nintendo to get the correct code & whoever was closest first should get it.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
had no idea before this that the eShop would lock you out of entering a code if you typod too much. Such a dumb idea on their part. But yeah, it's very ineligible, nothing I do can work. One time my aunt bought me a 50 dollar eShop card and had the smart idea of scratching it off with her keys which murdered the back of the card despite me saying 100000x it was a shitty idea. I didn't know NOA support would have fixed it so we threw it away... big life regret

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I had this happen with a Google Play store card once, and I was able to contact them, give them the bar code number and they gave me a new code to redeem in the store. Something to consider.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it helps, but lightly washed to see if it helped. Unsure which direction it went lol.

ZckPbgC.jpg
This is weird and makes some things look completely different in ways that don't make sense lol

Anustart Could you possibly get a more in focus shot with the normal coloring? I just noticed all the text is kinda blurred, not just the code.

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I'll try and snap a cleaner one! Heading home from the gym now, be just a few minutes

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It's to prevent you from brute forcing codes
It presumably is, but they've gone with 16-character codes where each character has maybe 30 options (going to guess they exclude 0/O, I/1 and 5/S). That means that there's sextillions of combinations and even if Nintendo print a billion codes your odds of correctly guessing one are in the trillions to one. They could afford to be super generous with brute force restrictions.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
It presumably is, but they've gone with 16-character codes where each character has maybe 30 options (going to guess they exclude 0/O, I/1 and 5/S). That means that there's sextillions of combinations and even if Nintendo print a billion codes your odds of correctly guessing one are in the trillions to one. They could afford to be super generous with brute force restrictions.
I suppose that's true. They only exclude Z, I, and O.

Status
Not open for further replies.