Oct 21, 2022
Considering how delicious and versatile eggplants are, it makes me mad that you can't rely on them for ANYTHING in your diet. Just look at the nutritional facts from Google:
Eggplant

Sources include: USDA
Amount Per
1 cup, cubes (82 g)
Calories 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1 g0%
Saturated fat 0 g0%
Cholesterol 0 mg0%
Sodium 2 mg0%
Potassium 188 mg5%
Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g1%
Dietary fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugar 2.9 g
Protein 0.8 g1%
Vitamin C3%Calcium0%
Iron1%Vitamin D0%
Vitamin B65%Cobalamin0%
Magnesium2%
One thing that makes me mad is that it's not even unhealthy, it's basically just water.
What other ingredient/food do you wish had more actual useful things in them?

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Eggplant is definitely one of the least nutrient dense veggie. At least it has a unique antioxidant that gives it its purple skin.

I think the obvious answer here is rice. It's prevalent in so many dishes but has hardly any nutritional value.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
they don't really look much like eggs, if i'm being honest, but i think it's cool that despite lacking nutrients it's still managed to become the top most used emoji. truly a "not bad for a girl with no talent" moment.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
main-qimg-674ebef7c3c7ba1b09bbd1d979fc986c-lq
Apparently wild ones look like this.
they don't really look much like eggs, if i'm being honest, but i think it's cool that despite lacking nutrients it's still managed to become the top most used emoji. truly a "not bad for a girl with no talent" moment.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Corn? Unless you cook and prepare eggplant a specific way it's a pretty trash and not a versatile veggie at all. If you mean you can fry it in different shapes so it doesn't suck. I guess so.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I'd be eating more of it were it more nutritious, too. Good thing bell peppers are as nutritious as they are.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I'm on a cut so I've increased my vegetable intake drastically to make me fuller, that's all I think most vegetables are good for.

I just know vegetables = good for you so I eat alot of them..

nded

Nov 14, 2017
People out there really trying to min/max their meals based on food stats, huh?

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
I can't eat eggplant no more cause of my stomach. Now believe me, I'd like to. But I don't.

Last edited:

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Nutrients are so 1990's! It's all about the polyphenols now, and you better believe something that's purple has a shit-ton of those. Eat an eggplant a week and you're basically cancer-proof (citation needed).

Oct 27, 2017
Was just reminded of this thread after a conversation with my wife - neither of us likes eggplant, and can't see what the fuss is about. It's just...bland?

MayorTinstle

Sep 19, 2023
How are these pulled? I had heard you could do something similar to jackfruit & spaghetti squash with them. I've never minded the flavor, but the texture gets me in a bad way.