Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This ICC decision was a great thing to wake up to. Of course there are people on socials saying the ICC can't do shit and while that might be true it's a very public and serious rebuke of what Israel has been doing and that's still good. The ole "human shield" defense was effective when defending atrocities from military munitions but it fails hard when they were using starvation and cutting off water to Gaza as a weapon.

It will be interesting to see how western news media talking heads try to diminish the importance of the ICC warrants. Or there begins a kind of revisionist history and the western press tries to act like America was warning Bibi and was trying to prevent all of this and was on the right side of things when they clearly weren't. We'll see.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24854

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But if I understand it correctly, the warrants weren't issued, right? The prosecutor applied for them, but I suppose a judge has to actually approve it?

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
More social media gloating by IOF militants. This time a soldier posing in front of a burning house with "may your village burn" in her post's caption:

View: https://x.com/ytirawi/status/1792322787178131513

At some point I need to compile Younes' stuff and open a separate thread so more people get to see the degree to which some Israeli publicize their own atrocities.

I already had a bad feeling about him when he tweeted an image of striped and blindfolded Palestinians provided by the IDF as "captured terrorist", and deleted the tweet later on once reports began to surface that many of those captured were civilians.

I will definitely try to avoid him as a source from now on or just post screenshots of his tweets as you say.

Thank you!

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
But if I understand it correctly, the warrants weren't issued, right? The prosecutor applied for them, but I suppose a judge has to actually approve it?
Not an expert, but the court usually approves these.
This is not a judgment, it is essentially an indictment by the prosecutor in light of evidence that suggest a high probability that a crime violating international law as defined in the Rome Statue has been comitted. Of course, Israel is no signatory of the Rome Statue (they have withdrawn their signature), so this won't have an immediate affect. The biggest problem for Israel is the loss of reputation, with their PM and defence secretary being charged of war crimes.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't it make also harder for them to travel to countries that are supporting the ICC ?
That is true, but I imagine the most important country for Netanyahu to travel to is the US, and that too is not a signatory. It is of course a huge embarrassment for Israel that its PM is on the same level as Putin and can't safely visit most Western countries, lest he be arrested. Which is what I was pointing it out, the damage in reputation. The travel part won't mean much to Netanyahu. The actions of his government are already isolating himself from most of the world

behOemoth

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't it make also harder for them to travel to countries that are supporting the ICC ?
I have no real idea, but I am of the opinion that it is up to each member to take advantage of the ICJ ruling. I don't think Netanyahu will see any disadvantage with foreign partners as Netanyahu's cause will always be seen as the cause of Israel and all Jews around the world. It will probably hurt im in Israel for next elections, but the former Bennett–Lapid government showed that it's not moving for peace either or they simply had not enough time.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I was looking up how the U.S. perceives the ICC and I found this gem.

U.S. top diplomat Blinken urges all ICC members to comply with Putin arrest warrant

Of course we know the U.S. isn't part of the ICC and but but but... All I know is that this at the very least makes things very awkward as now the U.S. will predictably have to say they don't agree with the decision which will continue the erosion of the importance of international organizations under Biden. If things like this are just arbitrarily rendered bad decisions if they are against U.S. allies then they will never be respected. At that point just throw out the geneva conventions.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to scream "ICC is Hamas!" despite them actually also wanting a warrant on Sinwar.

While I don't think it'll amount to much as far as real consequences outside of travel limits the reputational damage would be undeniable and I'm eager to see the reaction from the US, Germany etc.

Oct 28, 2017

View: https://x.com/FT/status/1792521497711427596

Opinion: 'As international lawyers, we felt compelled to assist when the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Karim Khan, asked us to advise whether there was sufficient evidence to lay charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity. Today, the prosecutor has taken a historic step to ensure justice for the victims in Israel and Palestine.'

From Lord Justice Fulford, Judge Theodor Meron CMG, Amal Clooney, Danny Friedman KC, Baroness Helena Kennedy LT KC, Elizabeth Wilmshurst CMG KC

Deleted member 24854

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to scream "ICC is Hamas!" despite them actually also wanting a warrant on Sinwar.

The thing about a warrant on Sinwar is that facing charges in the ICC is clearly more humane than whatever Israel would do to him. So by trying to reinstate any semblance of due process to a pandemonium, the ICC is likely to anger Israel because there is a warrant, more than they'd be angered if there was not, even if they'd never say it.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
Another hit piece from the racist, hypocritical, genocide-laundering, and euro-supremacist German media. This time, they report on reactions to the "humanitarian pier" and their journo complains about Gazans not being thankful enough about getting canned food from the countries providing the bombs used to destroy their entire lives:

0gsG470.png

Translation of her lovely conversation with a journalist that sees through her bullshit, pointing out that she's cherrypicking quotes to paint Palestinians as ungrateful and whiny:

NTxas9N.png

Last edited:

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
The thing about a warrant on Sinwar is that facing charges in the ICC is clearly more humane than whatever Israel would do to him. So by trying to reinstate any semblance of due process to a pandemonium, the ICC is likely to anger Israel because there is a warrant, more than they'd be angered if there was not, even if they'd never say it.
Definitely. Even so it wouldn't make any logical sense to spout the usual "everyone is Hamas" bullshit, not that it going stop anyone.

spineduke

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Another hit piece from the nazi German media.

Can we not? You can make your point without going into vitriol that just makes the thread come off unhinged. And trust me, I know how bad German media is on this subject, I just don't need you all to start delving into inflammatory language that serves noone.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020

While I don't think it'll amount to much as far as real consequences outside of travel limits the reputational damage would be undeniable and I'm eager to see the reaction from the US, Germany etc.

Well Biden has said the ICC warrant request on Netanyahu is "outrageous", and says there's no "equivalence" between Hamas and Israel, despite the warrants being for different crimes, insinuating that they aren't the same anyway.

Oct 28, 2017

View: https://x.com/Raminho/status/1792603428423614530

@UN_Spokesperson @StephDujarric says more than 900,000 people (about 40 percent of #Gaza's pop) have been displaced in past two weeks and %75 percent of the Strip is currently under evacuation orders.

Asked by @KSaloomey about #Israel's #Rafah operations and whether he would characterize them as limited or a full scale invasion, he adds: "The operations are ongoing in different forms. They don't seem that limited to us. People are forced to flee, to seek safety, to seek shelter - this has been a constant, especially in the last months, where they're seeking safety where nowhere is safe, and then they're being told to move again. It's having a disastrous impact obviously on the civilians. It's having an extremely complicated impact on our humanitarian operations. I mean, nothing has come through Rafah."

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

This fucking guy. "Israel was going to cooperate!" The world ain't buying Biden's slow walk stall bullshit. This is just as much America's atrocity as it is Israel's there will be a reckoning eventually because you can't perpetually support a country even after their leadership is goes off the rails insane. We have mountains of reports on Netanyahu's intent and the division and strife it's causing in Israel and America is still trodding out the "right to defend themselves" bullshit. THEY ARE STARVING A PEOPLE!"

I had hoped Biden would have at least become pragmatic on this issue but that day has long past. This is true believer shit. Like when Bush said God told him to go into Iraq. It's illogical when opponents in the Israeli gov't are more critical than the U.S. because it paints the picture that Biden is on the side of Israel's extreme right wing government and on the side of the GoP.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
Can we not? You can make your point without going into vitriol that just makes the thread come off unhinged. And trust me, I know how bad German media is on this subject, I just don't need you all to start delving into inflammatory language that serves noone.

Ok I guess, observation noted.

Short version: "This kangaroo court dared not allow our ally to use their own kangaroo courts to investigate their state-endorsed terrorists whose weapons we're supplying"

Also hilarious how he brings up the hostage deal when his buddies already tanked it and refuse to go back to the negotiation table.

Efreeti

attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jul 5, 2019
Arrest warrant for Biden would be the stuff of dreams, but that's never gonna happen I know. Still justified, for aiding & enabling genocide.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Arrest warrant for Biden would be the stuff of dreams, but that's never gonna happen I know. Still justified, for aiding & enabling genocide.
I don't know If it's urban legend or not but apparently the US will invade Netherlands If something like that ever going to happen.

I hope ICC doesn't cave and proceeds to do what they should.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Short version: "This kangaroo court dared not allow our ally to use their own kangaroo courts to investigate their state-endorsed terrorists whose weapons we're supplying"

Here's the nail in the coffin, imo: they specifically DID allow it, and issued repeated warnings to fix this before they stepped in.

In other words, they could have and should have (according to the ICC) used a kangaroo court, because the ICC would have to defer to them. They would've evaded international trials regardless of how internal trials played out (or ultimately didn't).

But by repeatedly spitting in the eye of every judiciary everywhere, they've undermined an argument that would have 100% worked in any previous case of Israeli violations of international law.

Oct 28, 2017

No US pier aid to UN in Gaza for two days after truck incident

The United Nations has not received any aid from a U.S.-built pier in Gaza for the past two days after an incident on Saturday in which food was taken from 11 out of 16 trucks before they reached a U.N. warehouse, a U.N. official told Reuters on Monday.

"We need to make sure that the necessary security and logistical arrangements are in place before we proceed," said the U.N. official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The U.N. said that 10 truckloads of food aid - transported from the pier site by U.N. contractors - were received on Friday at a World Food Programme warehouse in Deir El Balah in Gaza, a short distance away.

But on Saturday, only five truckloads of aid made it to the warehouse after 11 others were cleaned out by Palestinians during the journey through an area that the U.N. official said has been hard to access with humanitarian aid.

"There were some people, they've seen the trucks. They've not seen trucks for a while," the official said. "They just basically mounted on the trucks and helped themselves to some of the food parcels."

U.N. spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said on Monday that the U.N. had not received any aid deliveries from the pier on Sunday or Monday.

starpower

Digital Dumpster Diver
Banned
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
can you blame them for being desperate? this is like punishing them further because they wouldn't wait for everyone to sit at the dinner table

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I think Biden and his admin are really overestimating Democratic lawmakers' willingness to go along with this deal. But even if they do, there's also the issue of what sort of Palestinian State would even count as satisfying the deal.

As we've seen and heard from Israeli leadership, to them there's no acceptable form for a Palestinian state. The Saudis don't want to appear as if they abandoned their own peace proposal that they sponsored in the Arab League. And if they have to, it won't come cheap. Not that they have to, anyway, as MBS have "discovered" that KSA can have more sway than thought by previous rulers post-Faisal, if they wish.

I'm just curious to see what sort of insane offer Biden is willing to put on the table just to get the normalization without the Palestinian State requirement.

It's been... Interesting... how often over the past 8 months Israeli personalities online have been comfortable tweeting the most racist bloodthirsty unhinged shit imaginable in Hebrew, while they present a completely different front when they tweet in English.

But my brother in Moses, the translate button is RIGHT THERE under your tweet lmao

Its like shrodingers pathway to a Palestinian state. This plan only exists when you observe someone saying it in statements. Whatever price Biden would have to pay, I wonder if either republicans or dems would approve of it going forward.

And yeah, the Haaretz in english / Haaretz in hebrew memes highlight this exact phenomenon. Just vile and unhinged stuff.

More social media gloating by IOF militants. This time a soldier posing in front of a burning house with "may your village burn" in her post's caption:

View: https://x.com/ytirawi/status/1792322787178131513

At some point I need to compile Younes' stuff and open a separate thread so more people get to see the degree to which some Israeli publicize their own atrocities.

Thank you!

These kinds of posts are all over IG and TikTok. Theyre so brazen. I appreciate them for their contribution to South Africa's genocide case and making their work a bit easier to do.

This is probably why Hamas leadership has been pushing for the ICC to get involved and independent, international investigations earlier.

Another hit piece from the racist, hypocritical, genocide-laundering, and euro-supremacist German media. This time, they report on reactions to the "humanitarian pier" and their journo complains about Gazans not being thankful enough about getting canned food from the countries providing the bombs used to destroy their entire lives:

0gsG470.png

Translation of her lovely conversation with a journalist that sees through her bullshit, pointing out that she's cherrypicking quotes to paint Palestinians as ungrateful and whiny:

Imagine how low you have to be to do something like this.

There's always a secret proposal or plan in the background and they always get jeopardized anytime Israel faces any accountability. Gosh, they were so close this time too!!!

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
Compilation of statements by leaders/foreign ministries on the ICC proposal:

View: https://x.com/Alonso_GD/status/1792554249924042865

Respectful/supportive: Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, France, Maldives, Slovenia, South Africa, Ireland, Chile

Respectful but complains about "false equivalence" (because Palestinian lives are clearly worth less to these ghouls): Germany, Austria

Against: Czech Republic, Israel, US, Hungary, UK

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017

Macam

Nov 8, 2018

Just have to out organize and call the congress critters. Doesn't mean they won't side with AIPAC, but we have some agency to counter it (www.5calls.org is my go-to for contact info)

Weakening/countering AIPAC's influence is a worthy goal in of itself, because they're generally pretty terrible on issues and a large part of why Israel gets a carte blanche to do whatever, in spite of international law or norms we apply to other countries.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023

Genocide Joe still going at it, huh? As some people said, he had the perfect opportunity to distance himself from Netanyahu the butcher, yet he chooses to double down on supporting him and now explicitly denies the very genocide his weapon shipments are fueling. I pray justice catches up with both of them in due time and that they pay for all the lives they have extinguished in the last 8 months.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017

Biden & the admin beyond just defending Israel to specifically defending Benjamin Netanyahu is unreal. A week after the administration certified that Israel is following international law the ICC charges that Netanyahu is breaking it, so whoops, gotta defend Netanyahu I guess.

The whole administration is just rudderless, guided by little other than a need to justify continuing to arm Israel no matter what.

I wish there was more us peons could do. I'll keep calling my representatives but I think their staffers get the fucking point by now.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
It will probably hurt im in Israel for next elections, but the former Bennett–Lapid government showed that it's not moving for peace either or they simply had not enough time.
Naftali Bennett was the head of a religious zionist party who entered a coalition with the left-of-center because they hated Netanyahu. The coalition used the support of the Islamist party but not the secular Arab party, and the support agreement did not include peace with Palestine. Bennett's party (Yamina) collapsed in the subsequent election, with support mostly going to Likud and the Religious Zionist party. I do not think it is plausible to read an anti-Netanyahu coalition as proponents for peace.