darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ok, so my son is 13 years old, I was hoping to purchase him some games on his switch for Christmas. I want to buy them with his account but can't access them in the eshop because of his age it seems as they are M rated.

is there any way around this?

I don't want to have to set up a whole new account on his switch just to buy games. I would prefer just to buy them with his account.

does anyone know if this is possible?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so my son is 13 years old, I was hoping to purchase him some games on his switch for Christmas. I want to buy them with his account but can't access them in the eshop because of his age it seems as they are M rated.

is there any way around this?

I don't want to have to set up a whole new account on his switch just to buy games. I would prefer just to buy them with his account.

does anyone know if this is possible?

If you already own them on your account, I think you can d/l them on his switch, whitelist them via the parental controls app, and then can find them via eshop.

Alternately have you tried buying them using his Nintendo account online and then downloading them to his switch straight from the web? You will still need to whitelist them via the parental control app.

If neither of those work, then you may HAVE to buy them physically.

Edit: if you don't have the parental controls app, get it. It gives you a level of visibility and control, but even if you aren't interested in that the app allows you to enable individual titles on a permanent basis (as opposed to everytime your son wants to access a mature title). This will save you time

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Don't think so. I fucked myself out of buying AA5 for years because I put in my real date of birth on the 3DS eShop

OP
OP
darz1

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
If you already own them on your account, I think you can d/l them on his switch, whitelist them via the parental controls app, and then can find them via eshop.

Alternately have you tried buying them using his Nintendo account online and then downloading them to his switch straight from the web? You will still need to whitelist them via the parental control app.

If neither of those work, then you may HAVE to buy them physically.

Edit: if you don't have the parental controls app, get it. It gives you a level of visibility and control, but even if you aren't interested in that the app allows you to enable individual titles on a permanent basis (as opposed to everytime your son wants to access a mature title). This will save you time
Holy shit. Thanks dude. I have the app. Had no idea about the whitelist thing. I will give that a go