• Part 2 is the best

Votes: 101 14.3%

• Total voters

MadDogTannen

Feb 21, 2023
Best DeLorean? Check

bttf-delorean-dmc-12-628.jpg

Best descendant of Biff? Check

Back-To-The-Future-3-Buford-Mad-Dog-Tannen-Wanted-Art-Silk-Poster-Print-24x36inch.jpg

Best costumes? Check

2bdd028d6d379390e7541b1eb3f4ebbc3cf2f77er1-700-1024v2_hq.jpg

Best poster? Check

71sPGYXUl+L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

One is a classic, no doubt, but there's something so different about Part 3 that I enjoy. It's the one I rewatch the most. It's phenomenal

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No, but it gets way more shit than it deserves, it's a very fun movie.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
No, there is no case you could make for this.

It's a good film, the weakest of the trilogy, and better then it normally gets credit for.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Growing up it was not my favorite. The last few times I've rewatched I actually did enjoy it the most.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It's the worst kind of sequel that used to be the main kind of sequel before franchises because what they are. Just repeating jokes and making references to the earlier movies but with a wacky twist. In this case, Wild West themed. At least Part 2 used it's time travel gimmick to interact with the first movie in a slightly interesting way.

I don't think any of them are all THAT great though.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
It's been a while since I've seen the whole trilogy, but I remember the third one being pretty fun, if largely disconnected from the first two.

Based on my memory of them, my ranking is probably something like: The first act of Part II > Part I > Part III > The rest of Part II

lmog

Jun 17, 2019
Brazil
Definitely not.

Also Doc getting married and having kids in the past was very incongruous with the other movies, that's a big messing up with the past.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
As a BTTF ultra-fan, even I would be hard-pushed to come up with some decent arguments to say that it's the best part of the trilogy. At most, I could say that it sticks the landing, provides satisfying closure to everyone's arcs whilst also introducing new story elements to keep audience interest alive many years after the end of the movie.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Fun movie but Action Adventure Stage Coach Jumping Doc was a bit eye rolling. No, it was not the best of the three movies.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Its an incredibly fun movie, but it can't be the best in a trilogy where back to the future 1 exists.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
I think its a bit better a movie then 2 nowadays, and it's definitely hated on way more the needed. Ive really come around to it a lot in more recent times as its the best movie in the trilogy showing marty and doc as just friends. The other 2 movies are kinda so preoccupied with saving marty its hard to see why they were friends to begin with. The flip to having 3 focus on doc really shows how great their friendship is. My favorite movie trilogy.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's the worst of three really great movies. Kind of how I feel about "Return of the Jedi."

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I ask people legitimately every day what their favorite Back to the Future movie is. The LARGE majority people only talk about the first one. Every now and then a few people with being up Part 2 but Part 3 is never mentioned.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
As a big fan of the film, no. Really weird direction to conclude on overall. I respect how out there it is, but I rather just rewatch the first movie again.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Second movie da best, I loved the future elements as a kid. so so good

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's better than 2 (which feels like 3 movies smashed into one) but 1 is untouchable.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Part 3 is the weakest one. I didn't like it then, don't really like it much now. I like Part 2 the most followed by Part 1. I still make references from Part 1 and 2 to this day haha.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's an argument that it's better than part 2 by a country mile but the whole trilogy? No, sorry.

The original is a damn near perfect movie.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
As a BTTF ultra-fan, even I would be hard-pushed to come up with some decent arguments to say that it's the best part of the trilogy. At most, I could say that it sticks the landing, provides satisfying closure to everyone's arcs whilst also introducing new story elements to keep audience interest alive many years after the end of the movie.
Exactly. And for me the first movie is perfect as standalone, shouldn't got sequels.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It seems like more people are coming around on 3 but I don't get it. The first is obviously the best but the second was the first one I saw in the theater so that's my personal favorite.