• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
It's kind of funny, I can't think of any other movie franchise that continues with constant sequels that only actually has 1 good movie like Jurassic Park, which of course is the first. Usually other movie franchises have at least 2 or 3 good movies before going to hell. Jurassic Park doesn't even have that.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yes it is.

Although I imagine some people are going to try to incorrectly argue that the first Pirates of The Caribbean movie was good.

Edit: I guess DCEU doesn't count. Wonder Woman is the only good one, but there have been other good DC movies prior to Man of Steel.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
I thought Jurassic World was decent. Haven't watched Lost World in ages, but 3 is truly awful.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Well, three of them are good so....

Only one of them is GREAT, but that isn't unusual at all.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a great case study in why gamers should never be allowed to review anything. Everything is 1 or 0.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of them is already good so...

I despise neophytes on the internet who can only think in binaries where everything is either exceptional or terrible.

Depends on what you'd call good

Special effects but story? We already got that in tons of films before it. It's as original as Stranger Things.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to say the Fast and Furious Movies... But I only watched the first 2 then stopped.

Were the rest that good? Or should this series be up there for this thread.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to think of franchises with at least 2 sequels:

The Matrix

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Halloween

Terminator

Resident Evil

The Hunger Games

Wolverine

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Matrix.

As many hot takes are already being served, I ll contribute : Star Wars with "The Empire Strikes Back"

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say the Fast and Furious Movies... But I only watched the first 2 then stopped.

Were the rest that good? Or should this series be up there for this thread.

The franchise went crazy and people started liking it a lot more around 5.

Matrix.

As many hot takes are already being served, I ll contribute : Star Wars with "The Empire Strikes Back"

You know, I almost wanted to be that guy but I stopped myself. New Hope and Force Awakens are probably not bad movies on the curve of other bad movies, even with their issues.

I'd definitely say Star Wars only has one GREAT movie.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Starship Troopers. There has been quite a few sequels and CG films now even but only the first movie is good.

Resident Evil is a successful movie franchise but none of them are any good!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

TgNU3mu.gif

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from them actually being good, why do people think it's a better life to dislike more movies?

There's no universe where Lost World is good, sorry. There's the trailer sequence, some great effects near the end, and thats it.

Having low/bad taste in entertainment is not something to parade around, friend. In fact, having higher standards allows you to enjoy art on a deeper level.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it is.

Although I imagine some people are going to try to incorrectly argue that the first Pirates of The Caribbean movie was good.

Edit: I guess DCEU doesn't count. Wonder Woman is the only good one, but there have been other good DC movies prior to Man of Steel.

The first pirates film is a great adventure and a legit good film. Far better than it had any right being, and with Jack Sparrow becoming one of the most iconic characters of the 21st century.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
User warned: Personal attack.
There's no universe where Lost World is good, sorry. There's the trailer sequence, some great effects near the end, and thats it.

Having low/bad taste in entertainment is not something to parade around, friend. In fact, having higher standards allows you to enjoy art on a deeper level.
How do you breathe with your head that far up your own asshole?

Is licking your own prostate worth the effort?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Haha, oh hell that's terrible. You're one of them.