Votes: 88 40.6%
  • Drama

Votes: 129 59.4%

• Total voters

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
john-goodman-laughing.gif

goodman-fist-10cloverfield.gif

It's a poll so you can't say both. We all know he's one of the best working actors today and criminally underrated.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Both.

I'm watching The Conners right now and he's just effortlessly perfect in every role.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to say one way or the other because he's really good at leveraging his humor for dramatic purposes. He's been killing it in Righteous Gemstones, for example.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he's simply a good actor, regardless of the role. I guess that gives him more credit for comedy though as that is harder to master.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Doesn't matter imo, you'll note actors that are good at comedy are typically fantastic actors in general: Robin Williams, John Lithgow, John Goodman, Bill Murray etc.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I picked drama, mainly because of performances of his in stuff like Treme. Make no mistake though, he's comedy gold too.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I sometimes have trouble distinguishing between the two with him. In Big Lebowski is he comedic or dramatic?

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say dramatic just because I didn't react to anything on a comedic level the same way to his character in 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Mar 21, 2018
All of the above.

Wish we could have seem him play Ignacious but he's too old for the role. Seems that A Confederacy of Dunces will remain a cursed adaption.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm... Damn.

Some questions you go with your gut, but this is conflicting as hell.

I mean, he's hysterical with Raising Arizona and The Big Lebowski... but... man, Barton Fink? Punchline? (Which is ironic because its a drama)

Do you have to choose?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I remember it being weird when he showed up on The West Wing as a republican who temporarily became president because he was like Dan Connor and Fred Flinstone at the time, but he worked in that role too.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Definitely both.

I mean back during Roseanne.. He hit the loveable father, dramatic and even scary throughout that show.

The episode where he pushes David against the door still makes me go holy shit. Then you see the blooper where he pushes him too hard and John was like omg are you okay?

Apr 5, 2022
If Heavy Rain actually became a live action movie especially back in the day, he would of been great as Scott. I love John's work, especially when he played Fred Flintstone!

Shuckle

Mar 30, 2018
For some reason I remember him the most from Barton Fink. I knew nothing about the movie when I watched it and everything about it really surprised me, mostly because of his performance.